Melbourne Football

Josip Tadic Thread

jw1739

We give no reason for potential new fans to get on board with our lack of excitement in the front third. It has been the same since our inception.
Yet we've shown consistent growth year on year. It would be interesting to see where we would be if we had some big names and put in consistent performances during our first two seasons.

Does anybody need any more time before they realize this guy is no good.

A striker scores when the opportunity presents. The one one one that he back passed shows he is either lacking tough, or doesn't have it.

Granted today was a poor performance by the club on a whole.

I still think strikers need to turn the few opportunities they have into goals. Today he failed.

He is paid to score, and when we needed him to equalize, he didn't.

• Like 1

Does anybody need any more time before they realize this guy is no good.

A striker scores when the opportunity presents. The one one one that he back passed shows he is either lacking tough, or doesn't have it.

Granted today was a poor performance by the club on a whole.

I still think strikers need to turn the few opportunities they have into goals. Today he failed.

He is paid to score, and when we needed him to equalize, he didn't.

What about your mate Williams, I guess in your book he played well today???

Williams played well. I mentioned this in my review of the game in another topic.

If you think Williams played poorly then maybe we are watching different games.

Comments?

williams played fairly well but it's taken him a whole season to "warm up"

it's the first 60 minutes tadic has actually played in his proper position, give the guy a chance.

A bit of a way to go for the lad but the fascinating equation of performance vs persistence is well and truly under way. Each game is a new proposition and I really hope he kicks along, but patience in the face of adversity is an interesting phenomenon in professional sport.

As an aside, I've looked back at this thread and am still unclear in the question as to whether he's been signed for one or two years?? Anyone the wiser??

My uncle works with the club in their fitness area, and he was saying how tadic is still pretty quiet, keep in mind lads the guy has just moved to a brand new country with a foreign language and probably no friends, yet he is expected to score straight away from being played in his preferred position once?? Come on.. Yes he should've put that one away but he's no dud. Not just yet. If he hasn't scored in 5 weeks then we should start to worry

Today was the first time Tadic was played in his preferred position. I actually thought he did well, the best of his games so far anyway. Should have scored, but we have to give him a chance to gain some confidence.

Agreed, Needs the confidence, it showed when he took a unnecessary second touch before hitting it straight at ryan. Hoping DMAC is out next week so he can get some more game time under his belt and hopefully a goal. Plus it's not like he got amazing service today.

• Like 1

Relax there Malcolm X, pretty sure everyone on this forum has used that term at some point. Ban self righteous flogs I say.

There is no place for derogatory name calling of our indigenous people. Racist bigots like yourself need a wake up call.

I bet you won't call willo what you refer to his race to his face. The admins should ban you!

Edited by markn

But if someone honestly thins that the abbreviated form of aboriginal is somehow a racist remark, they need to reevaluate their definition of racism.

Very disappointed reply tesla. Would you call willo an abo to his face? Read what was said in context. Nobody would agree with your justification.

My disgust noted. No more said.

Self righteous flogs like yourself are worse than people like me. You've been racist many times in your life but you point the finger at other cunts when it suits you. And no I wouldn't say it to his face coz my comment wasnt directed at aboriginals. Context and intention is what's important here buddy, get that knot out of your knickers and move the fuck on.

• Like 1

As an aside, I've looked back at this thread and am still unclear in the question as to whether he's been signed for one or two years?? Anyone the wiser??

AFAIK no, the duration of JT's contract has never been publicly stated.

Have to say he doesn't seem to offer a lot that Williams doesn't. But, as I've said elsewhere, I don't think the problem is actually our strikers. It's that we just do not create enough one-on-ones with the opposition's keeper. What did we have today - two chances? One that Tadic should have put away, and Garcia's header? We would need a hell of a strike rate to convert that sort of performance into wins.

How many chances did CCM create? Probably two, but they managed to convert one. A free-kick. because we're bloody awful at defending dead-ball situations such as corners and free-kicks.

My anguish at all this is that we don't appear to learn anything. If you do the same things over and over again you're likely to get the same outcome over and over again.

I've never left the ground because my team's losing and I never will. By goodness though, the Heart certainly tests my resolve.

• Like 2

SNIP

Have to say he doesn't seem to offer a lot that Williams doesn't. But, as I've said elsewhere, I don't think the problem is actually our strikers. It's that we just do not create enough one-on-ones with the opposition's keeper. What did we have today - two chances?

SNIP

This. What people need to understand is that our delivery to our strikers is generally shit. You can't score goals if you don't get decent service.

Sorry yelawolf, but I've got to disagree. Racism at the end of the day is what is perceived as offensive by people who the comment is directed to. I've discussed this with aboriginal folk and they're unimpressed with the expression. It's often not for the perpetuators to say what is racist. I think we also need to acknowledge that what is written on the forum here does reflect the club we support and it's values. We have to be careful to project a fair and reasonable image to anyone who wants an outside looking in view of MH. It's not about being self righteous, it's about being decent as well as projecting a good image for others so they feel free to join us. There are obviously varying opinions noted above and that is what I enjoy about this forum (and often makes me lol), but I for one support any notions of racism being removed.

• Like 2

Sorry yelawolf, but I've got to disagree. Racism at the end of the day is what is perceived as offensive by people who the comment is directed to. I've discussed this with aboriginal folk and they're unimpressed with the expression. It's often not for the perpetuators to say what is racist. I think we also need to acknowledge that what is written on the forum here does reflect the club we support and it's values. We have to be careful to project a fair and reasonable image to anyone who wants an outside looking in view of MH. It's not about being self righteous, it's about being decent as well as projecting a good image for others so they feel free to join us. There are obviously varying opinions noted above and that is what I enjoy about this forum (and often makes me lol), but I for one support any notions of racism being removed.

1345995219562.gif

Jesus christ talk about a shit storm in a tee cup. This is the josip tadic form not 'what do u think is racist thread' FFS.

Imagine when someone says something thats really racist :huh:

Really dissapoited with Josip so far. Had a chance today that liturally if he had kicked it to either side of the goalie would've scored.

Willing to give 2-3 more rounds till i jump off his bandwagon

My uncle works with the club in their fitness area, and he was saying how tadic is still pretty quiet, keep in mind lads the guy has just moved to a brand new country with a foreign language and probably no friends, yet he is expected to score straight away from being played in his preferred position once?? Come on.. Yes he should've put that one away but he's no dud. Not just yet. If he hasn't scored in 5 weeks then we should start to worry

is this post 100% serious? you say 5 weeks but that is only 1 week away lol

i still think he needs more time tbh. come end of the year and he still hasn't performed then start to worry, imo.

Sorry yelawolf, but I've got to disagree. Racism at the end of the day is what is perceived as offensive by people who the comment is directed to. I've discussed this with aboriginal folk and they're unimpressed with the exp<b></b>ressi&#111;n. It's often not for the perpetuators to say what is racist. I think we also need to acknowledge that what is written on the forum here does reflect the club we support and it's values. We have to be careful to project a fair and reasonable image to anyone who wants an outside looking in view of MH. It's not about being self righteous, it's about being decent as well as projecting a good image for others so they feel free to join us. There are obviously varying opinions noted above and that is what I enjoy about this forum (and often makes me lol), but I for one support any notions of racism being removed.

Growing up in whats probably the most multicultural area in this city, I can guarantee you no one from here would ever find that term racist, even aboriginals themselves as I know a couple in highschool never had issue with it and used the term themselves, just like abbreviated terms were used for pretty much every ethnicity and no one ever found any of them offensive, despite me learning later in life that there are people who seem to think quite a few of these abbreviations are offensive terms.

I've always found its the people who aren't as used to diversity, that are quick to label even the most tiny shit as racist. I believe its because those who've grown up around multiculturalism from a very young age, just recognise different races as something completely inconsequential, like different hair colour or different height, etc. Whereas those who havent, seem to think its some massive thing that divides people and even the smallest race related remark will cause an issue.

Thats why I will always find someone finding offense to an abbreviated term for an ethnicity far more closer to the real definition of racism than someone using that term.

• Like 1

100% tesla. I was bagged my schooling life, I was called wog and polack etc, i even got my head kicked in for it... I haven't gone around telling cunts off for using those words. Infact I had an aboriginal mate and we all called him abo, he didn't give a fuck. Every kunt needs to settle the fuck down.

100% tesla. I was bagged my schooling life, I was called wog and polack etc, i even got my head kicked in for it... I haven't gone around telling cunts off for using those words. Infact I had an aboriginal mate and we all called him abo, he didn't give a fuck. Every kunt needs to settle the fuck down.

I know all this racism talk is going over your head a little bit but try and remain calm.