Melbourne Football

New Kappa Kit

toogood18

I guess we'll soon hold the record for the longest run of poor performances in the greatest number of kit designs...

We have still never won one game in the cursed Kappa Away Kit,

I thought last weeks Red Shorts might help - But alas they could only bring us a draw.

(And I missed out on collecting over $200 for the win at $8.50 to 1...)

Psychologically one of the best things we could do is not use the current away kit, because the players associate it with losing. When you're in the poo like we are you need to take every opportunity to change things around a bit.

I thought last weeks Red Shorts might help - But alas they could only bring us a draw.

I would've collected $850 on the weekend had MH held onto the 1-0 lead. Had $100 on them.

I guess we'll soon hold the record for the longest run of poor performances in the greatest number of kit designs...

Psychologically one of the best things we could do is not use the current away kit, because the players associate it with losing. When you're in the poo like we are you need to take every opportunity to change things around a bit.

I did suggest we do this like Man Utd did with the Silver kit in 95/96 a long time ago...

• Like 1

I did suggest we do this like Man Utd did with the Silver kit in 95/96 a long time ago...

Do you seriously think the players put on the shirt and think "We're going to lose wearing this"?

Seems a bit petty to me; surely the colour or design of a kit can't change the way people play.

Do you seriously think the players put on the shirt and think "We're going to lose wearing this"?

Seems a bit petty to me; surely the colour or design of a kit can't change the way people play.

No.

But tell that to the Man Utd team of 95/96...

They started wearing the Blue/White Third Kit instead of the Tainted Silver Strip for Away matches and ended up clawing back one of the biggest Table leads of all time on the last day. (I should fucken know - As I cried the next day when as a young NUFC supporter/Geelong supporter in the 90's when I found out the results on the radio.)

And on that last day Man Utd were In the Blue/White Third Kit.

Edit - I can partially see my name on the New Kit and it appears to just avoid being cut off.

Edited by cadete

No.

They started wearing the Blue/White Third Kit instead of the Tainted Silver Strip for Away matches and ended up clawing back one of the biggest Table leads of all time on the last day. (I should fucken know - As I cried the next day when as a young NUFC supporter/Geelong supporter in the 90's when I found out the results on the radio.)

Edit - I can partially see my name on the New Kit and it appears to just avoid being cut off.

I remember that game where they were losing to Southampton (wearing the grey kit) so they came out after the half time break in the blue strip. 

• Like 1

No.

I remember that game where they were losing to Southampton (wearing the grey kit) so they came out after the half time break in the blue strip. 

I then The Saints ended up winning United the league thanks to some bloke with a Frog name that I cant remember.... :angry:

• Like 1

Use this as our away next year but:

Make our home kit predominately white and this as an away kit predominately red. 

:up:

:clap:

Changing the away strip has been suggested and the club have said the sash for the away kit is non negotiable.

FWIW I think the sash is the best looking kit to grace the league. Would cry if they dumped it for this horrid design 

• Like 1

Use this as our away next year but:

Make our home kit predominately white and this as an away kit predominately red. 

:up:

:clap:

Changing the away strip has been suggested and the club have said the sash for the away kit is non negotiable.

FWIW I think the sash is the best looking kit to grace the league. Would cry if they dumped it for this horrid design 

I love the sash too, but It might work with a white sash on red. Ive also have been thinking why I dont like the kappa sash as much as ISC or Reebok. I think its because the Kappa one is straight and too thick. 

Edited by Dylan

Reckon it looks great tbh. Especially with the black shorts.

Should be our new home kit :up:

Had always dreamt to see Heart in hoops or a half n' half kit, Feyenoord/Gala style.

Stripes are not synonymous to the club, and there are plenty of huge 'traditional' clubs who change their home kits regularly (e.g. Bayern have gone from solid, to hoops, to stripes, to the outright absurd)

I think something to the ilk of this would be cool:

football_kit_template.jpg

WOW :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Now why the fuck wasnt this the winner or at the very least, a finalist.

Bloody awesome :up:  :up:

Had always dreamt to see Heart in hoops or a half n' half kit, Feyenoord/Gala style.

Stripes are not synonymous to the club, and there are plenty of huge 'traditional' clubs who change their home kits regularly (e.g. Bayern have gone from solid, to hoops, to stripes, to the outright absurd)

Love it! Those socks!!! ;););););)

Hehehehe

Could even 1/4 it so theres a white back ground for westpac to get their red logo and should still look good. Cleaned up better version of yesterday's winner.

• Like 1

I hope you are not being serious?

• Like 1

Strong Misquotation :droy:

This was the actual original context in which the comment was made...

In for this kit to be our home kit next season

I hope you are not being serious?

We need to return to a White Kit with Red Stripes and then we might win and a game or two again. :up:

The Shirt above is quite different to the Current Third Strip you suggested for our Home Kit and FWIW I still think our Home Kit should either be The Stripes or The Slash.

I also think we should become more attached to our Stripes, I even like to nickname the side sometimes:

"The Stripes".

Edited by cadete

Love em! I had a similar idea for an away. 

HEARTAlt_zpsce9ceeef.png

Was trying to push for halves before our first kit was even released; always loved them.

Even diagonal halves, ie:

28527__mg_1618.jpg

• Like 1