Melbourne Football

New Kappa Kit

toogood18

the 2012/13 kits were also tight? their only $60 on the kappa website but I'm not sure if i should get a size up. the neck is tight? can't go in and buy them because i live in perth and rebel is filled with perth glory and thats it.

Definitely get at least a size up. Maybe two if you're a bit pudgey. I personally think they run about a size and a half smaller than your average shirt.

the 2012/13 kits were also tight? their only $60 on the kappa website but I'm not sure if i should get a size up. the neck is tight? can't go in and buy them because i live in perth and rebel is filled with perth glory and thats it.

Definitely get at least a size up. Maybe two if you're a bit pudgey. I personally think they run about a size and a half smaller than your average shirt.

thanks mate. bought two, medium and small. And i will put the one that doesn't fit on gumtree for someone in perth to buy. 

I know all you elitists are gonna hate me for saying this, but AS Monaco's kit, in my opinion, is the best red and white kit in modern football:

131108171056-falcao-monaco-single-image-

Would be cool to see as an away kit (or even home, I'd buy it that's for sure...)

I have been trying to push a diagonal half for a while now also.

I know all you elitists are gonna hate me for saying this, but AS Monaco's kit, in my opinion, is the best red and white kit in modern football:

131108171056-falcao-monaco-single-image-

Would be cool to see as an away kit (or even home, I'd buy it that's for sure...)

I have been trying to push a diagonal half for a while now also.

6XHxikL.png?1

? Could be the away kit, Munn said there will be changes but still the sash, it looks like a sash?

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

What the Kappa website? I purchased a small but when I took it home it was too small for me. Anyone want to buy a new small 2012/13 pm me or I will put it up on ebay.

I'm no good with templates. IMO the "away" kit should be basically a white jersey with charcoal trimmings (sleeves, collar), keep the sash concept but make it two narrow diagonal sashes of charcoal. Shorts to be charcoal with the narrow red and white stripes on the outside of each leg (same as my suggestion for home shorts), and socks to be charcoal with one red and one white band at the top.

So basically our home and away kits to embody the same three colours, but in different proportions.

I'm no good with templates. IMO the "away" kit should be basically a white jersey with charcoal trimmings (sleeves, collar), keep the sash concept but make it two narrow diagonal sashes of charcoal. Shorts to be charcoal with the narrow red and white stripes on the outside of each leg (same as my suggestion for home shorts), and socks to be charcoal with one red and one white band at the top.

So basically our home and away kits to embody the same three colours, but in different proportions.

Will try this.

Hooped socks for once farkin!

What the Kappa website? I purchased a small but when I took it home it was too small for me. Anyone want to buy a new small 2012/13 pm me or I will put it up on ebay.

Yes the kappa website. I already purchased small and medium. 

Will try this.

How's this?

im9vEPw.png

Will try this.

How's this?

im9vEPw.png

Thanks, that's pretty much what I envisaged.

thanks mate. bought two, medium and small. And i will put the one that doesn't fit on gumtree for someone in perth to buy. 

if you are on Facebook look for Perth Hearts might have more luck selling it on there than Gumtree

Will try this.

How's this?

im9vEPw.png

Thanks, that's pretty much what I envisaged.

I reckon if the red and white one had the red on a bit more of an angle, so that there was more white, they would probably consider it for the away kit. OR if, as I hope, next season it will be a white with red stripes...More red would be good for an away kit. As a personal preference I much preferre the idea of only using red and white for the home and away, I hope it always continues along with the sash as well, something that can be synonymous with the club. Id love to look back in 30 years and still have the sash somewhere and only red and white (bar third kits).

Edited by Dylan

what if you were to do this with the left half of the Westpac logo red, and the half on the right white?

Branding no-no 101

That's why you see those putrid blocks of colour all over our kits...

Such as BDO on the back and MatchWorks on the sleeve here:

soccer6-20130209191942818072-600x400.jpg

PKF:

heart_newcastle_main-420x0.jpg

Or the AFX on Redders sleeve:

756226-redmayne.jpg

Edited by LR9

what if you were to do this with the left half of the Westpac logo red, and the half on the right white?

Branding no-no 101

That's why you see those putrid blocks of colour all over our kits...

Such as BDO on the back and MatchWorks on the sleeve here:

soccer6-20130209191942818072-600x400.jpg

PKF:

heart_newcastle_main-420x0.jpg

Or the AFX on Redders sleeve:

756226-redmayne.jpg

How about a black outline around the W ?

Is there any particular reason why sponsorship logos (such as Westpac's "W") have to be absolutely central on the jersey, other than "custom and practice"?

I think when the look for sponsorship they 'sell' places on the kit, front and centre being the most prominent and expensive