Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

There is virtually no doubt that Bresch will be lining up at the MRS in an MHFC kit one day, the only thing that would stop that from happening is a career ending injury over the next 12-24 months.

More likely then not, he will join us after the 2014 WC (if we qualify).

Considering Bresc is probably making very good money Al Nasr and is in good form, he really doesn't have any reason to be moving to the A-League next season. Good to see that he's training with us though.

Has any1 thought mayb to ask if JA can handle coaching the first team?? Im having second thoughts, he might of been a socceroo but he has no experience in coaching... hope im wrong..!

Being in charge of signings and handling coaching the seniors are two separate things. Confusing them shows a lack of understanding of the structure of our club.

Don't understand why we don't go after charisteas. News out of Greece is that he is currently in talks with Greek side Aris. Not a wealth club at all. Surely we can get him over to Heart

This rumour died a long, long, long time ago. Not going to happen.

He told Frances he might sign with us next year. Here's hoping.....

First pre-season match we played against Whittlesea Zebras two years back, I asked JD if we'd ever see Bresciano in red and white. Here's hoping that it's more than just a training picture. He's contracted with Al Nasr until 30 June 2013.

Rofl.

Honestly expected a pic of Brazilian MH Futsal Bresc.

That would have been a pretty good troll IMO.

The thing that gave away it being the real Bresciano is that he was taller than the lady in the photo, otherwise I would have struggle to pic the difference.

Edited by Tesla

What a conundrum.....I like LR9's above post with the update but selfishly dislike the fact it appears as if Curtis is on to bigger and better things.

Was quite obvious all last season his apparent destiny was overseas and soon.

Personally surprised Hamill hasn't also been on trial somewhere but mark my words he WILL be the next one snapped up, of that I have no doubt.

EDIT. 600k is a dead set steal imo, Not impressed with the board accepting such a pittance :angry:

Edited by downbylaw

Now Gray gets a starting gig, yay!

Dam you're right. Looks like Gray will be a permanent starter only because he is left footed. Will be interesting to see if Colosimo or Hamill start next to him.

I think we can manage with 3 CB in the squad. It's probably a bit better that we now have 2 experienced CB and 1 inexperienced CB rather than 2 inexperienced and 1 experienced.

Dam you're right. Looks like Gray will be a permanent starter only because he is left footed. Will be interesting to see if Colosimo or Hamill start next to him.

lol surely you're taking the piss here?

I think we can manage with 3 CB in the squad. It's probably a bit better that we now have 2 experienced CB and 1 inexperienced CB rather than 2 inexperienced and 1 experienced.

Do agree here though, squad feels more balanced with Good gone. We still have Gerhardt who can allegedly play CB and Thompson or even Konstantinidis. If we have serious CB problems we will have a spare spot on the roster to sign someone anyway.

If Good had stayed, either he or Hamill would be spending most of the season on the bench too, Colosimo is still a far better defender than both.

Need to sign two strikers, another DM and possibly a winger and our squad is complete imo.

Short memory? :huh:

the thing with having 3 CB last season was everytime Colosimo got injured we were stuffed because playing 2 teenage CB's made us vulnerable. Where as even if one experienced CB gets injured this time, we still have another experienced defender so that young Hamill will always be paired with someone who has experience and is able to guide him. Also this season we have Gerhardt who can also fill in at CB where as Thompson is a crap CB, and Srhoj wasn't versatile to play there. Technically we will have 3.5 CB's with only 1 that is inexperienced.

lol surely you're taking the piss here?

I'm actually not. I'd LIKE to think our CB's are chosen on who has trained well during the week, who is the better option etc... But last season had me confused when everytime Colosimo was played as a CB, Good was paired next to him and was playing well, however as soon as Madaschi came into the squad, Hamill always started next to him. It wouldn't surprise me to see Gray always starting with one of either Colosimo/Hamill paired with him.

EDIT: We need to sign 2 strikers (one quality visa, one quality young aussie with a lot of potential - bulut), another quality AM (we have enough DM), and a left winger for our squad to be complete IMO

Edited by heart_fan10

I'm actually not. I'd LIKE to think our CB's are chosen on who has trained well during the week, who is the better option etc... But last season had me confused when everytime Colosimo was played as a CB, Good was paired next to him and was playing well, however as soon as Madaschi came into the squad, Hamill always started next to him. It wouldn't surprise me to see Gray always starting with one of either Colosimo/Hamill paired with him.

Because he is left footed?

Colosimo played less games last year than he should have because JVS' is a obnoxious cunt and didn't like him.

EDIT: We need to sign 2 strikers (one quality visa, one quality young aussie with a lot of potential - bulut), another quality AM (we have enough DM), and a left winger for our squad to be complete IMO

1 DM is enough? Germano, Thompson and Fred are better attackers than defenders imo so you want 4 attacking minded CM's and one defensive?

I think we will be playing with two holding midfielders this year too so unless Fred can play there (probably could but would rather him further forward) we still need another DM imo.

• Like 1

More game time for Hamill, not sure how Good surpassed him in the pecking order anyway, Hamill has class for his age.

We need to spend a chunk of this money on wages for a quality replacement for Good, none of these cheap signing now that we have sold $1mil worth of players.

Colosimo played less games last year than he should have because JVS' is a obnoxious cunt and didn't like him.

I thought that it was because he lacked the ability to play the ball out from the back when under pressure and because he kept giving away crucial penalties.

who knows, but that's how it seemed like last season with the left footed CB and the right footed CB always paired, and if the club is intending to "carry on the JVS legacy" then i wouldn't be surprised to see Aloisi using the same 'system' especially since he is inexperienced. I think someone from this forum tweeted something to didulica regarding Gray, and he emphasised the fact that he was a left footed CB in his reply.

The reality is, Fred is injury prone and we can't be relying on just 1 player to be our "cutting edge" when going forward. If thompson and germano were better going forward than defending, we would have won a lot more matches when Fred was injured. Quite a few times we had played with the midfield trio of Thompson - Srhoj - Germano and struggled to score goals. There's no doubt that if we had another quality AM like Fred last season we would have been a much more dangerous team and had a better season.

A Hamill/Colosimo CB pairing would be fine, plus Gerhardt seems like a natural CB from the footage I've seen of him playing at the heart of defence crunching strikers.

I expect Colosimo to have a good season now that all the personal issues with the coach are done with, and he can go back to being one of the best CB's in the A-League. It would've been quite an ego/confidence hit to be dropped as a senior member of the squad for Thommo who was woeful in defence.

Ideally we'd sign an extra CB for depth, someone like Rozic from GCU wouldn't be too bad, then we'd have decent depth across the back

RB: Marrone, Germano, Thompson

CB: Colosimo, Hamill, Gerhardt, +1

LB: Behich, Thompson

• Like 1