Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

• 2 weeks later...

When will the racist FFA learn to resepect the WOGS in this country who built the game and carried it on their backs for 60 years

The football supporters of Western Sydney will not abandon their teams to follow ANOTHER franchise!

The fact remains that outside of FFA intervention, Sydney Olympic is the most sound option for the A-Leagues second team in Sydney. we have the largest supporter base in the country outside the A-League, we have the stadio, the position in Sydney's football corridor and the money to make this a success

Instead Fuhrer Lowy and his cronies would rather waste millions of taxpayer and FNSW dollars on a doomed franchised model that has already failed in Gold Coast and Queensland.

Mark my words this bid is doomed for failure and it will bring the rest of the Z-League and our code down with it

• Like 2

The western Sydney club appears close to sealing the signature of Newcastle Jets defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley with Corry expected to be announced as goalkeeping coach

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1108111/lennox,-bouzanis-wanted-in-the-a-league

also:

Ray Gatt ‏@Gatty54

First five official signings to be announced for west Sydney ...players Elrich , haliti, bridge and cole. John Tsatsimas general manager

442 reporting they have signed 1 player from the Jets, and an Australian attacking mid from Scotland.

It seems to me like they have been linked with like 5 former Newcastle player so not sure about that, but the attacking mid would surely be Aaron Mooy? If so, handy pickup. I'll guess the newcastle signing is NTS as it seems the most solid link, and thats a decent pickup as well.

Good to see them bringing an Aussie home rather than just taking players from other A-league teams. Hopefully the trend continues.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/242007,two-set-to-sign-for-west-sydney.aspx

Edited by Tesla

442 reporting they have signed 1 player from the Jets, and an Australian attacking mid from Scotland.

It seems to me like they have been linked with like 5 former Newcastle player so not sure about that, but the attacking mid would surely be Aaron Mooy? If so, handy pickup. I'll guess the newcastle signing is NTS as it seems the most solid link, and thats a decent pickup as well.

Good to see them bringing an Aussie home rather than just taking players from other A-league teams. Hopefully the trend continues.

http://au.fourfourtw...est-sydney.aspx

Johnny Tsatsimas (GM Western Sydney) was the Newcastle CEO under the great Con Contrantine years, no surprises with picking up the leftovers from Newcastle.

St Mirren Confirms Mooy's West Sydney Move

PROMISING Australia youth international Aaron Mooy appears set to sign with the new West Sydney A-League club after his current outfit St Mirren confirmed the potential move.

The 21-year-old midfielder, who came through the ranks at Bolton before moving to St Mirren in 2010, has been linked with the new A-League club since arriving back in Sydney last month for an off-season break.

And St Mirren general manager Brian Caldwell confirmed to the Paisley Express that a move to become one of the new A-League club's first signings was on the cards.

“Danny spoke to Aaron at the end of the season and said he would not stand in his way if another club came in for him," Caldwell said.

“West Sydney have expressed an interest and we’ve been in touch with Aaron’s agent and are now working towards a conclusion. Hopefully, everything should be finalised some time next week.”

Mooy, who was called up into the senior Socceroos side in 2009, only managed 12 first-team appearances for the Saints during the 2011-12 season and looks set to chase regular action.

“Aaron is at an age where he needs to be playing regular first-team football in order to help his development," Caldwell said.

He added: “A move back to Sydney will no doubt be a good thing for him and his career and we would like to wish him all the best.”

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=72637

• 2 weeks later...

have western Sydney supporters established a terrace yet? sorry if it was already talked about cbf going through all the posts.

Kind of. I was reading through there forums about a week ago and they are in the earlier stages and are discussing things like whether they need a capo and who should be incharge of what. etc.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Oh, wow.

This is the official group of the Western Sydney firm; West Ends Massive. If your a die hard football fan and wear your heart on your sleeve, show us your support by liking our page

Also on making your admins public, nice one.

Major Announcement is today:

Appears the majority of fans have got largely what they wanted with a side called West Sydney Wanderers who wear Red/Black/White and play out of Parramatta Stadium.

I am guessing we may be wearing our third strip against these guys and Adelaide.

Have a read here: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/wanderers-take-a-stand-in-fight-to-establish-team-20120624-20wj3.html

Like the idea of naming the stands for the football season. Be good to work out something similar when we play at AAMI...shouldn't be beyond the capability of AAMI management so that we could have interchangeable signs for the four main areas of the ground.

Signings and Kit:

AwM3C4wCMAEpThC.jpg

AwM3t0eCIAEksXg.jpg

Major Announcement is today:

Appears the majority of fans have got largely what they wanted with a side called West Sydney Wanderers who wear Red/Black/White and play out of Parramatta Stadium.

I am guessing we may be wearing our third strip against these guys and Adelaide.

decent kit, but when we play them away wouldnt we just wear our away one not the third strip?

So do I get a commission or some shit?

Back on April 4, the day their club was launched, I mad this suggestion:

Home: red and black Hoops, white shorts, Away: All white, with thin red/black hoop thru center, kits by Nike

Aso the 'Logo' is fucking shite, looks like some hipster intern made it for them. (N)

So do I get a commission or some shit?

Back on April 4, the day their club was launched, I mad this suggestion:

Aso the 'Logo' is fucking shite, looks like some hipster intern made it for them. (N)

Its a fucken A League Logo and as far as the A League goes it sits above quite a few.