Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

Pretty frustrating outcome for Heart supporters. Track tops in Red +White. Logo nearly being all Red + White (minus the thin Black outline).

What's the point of having a 3rd colour in black if your going to keep it's use to a minimum in the above?

All looks pretty good from a football purists point of view, but for diversity of the A-League this is a bit dissapointing.

Agreed.

Appears a team perfectly made for the self proclaimed “Football Purists” of Australia who consider themselves as such because they favour terms such as “EPL Fan Boys and Pyro” and curse at any use of the term: “Soccer”.

In saying that you really could not hope for much more in this League.

Edited by cadete

n35do9.jpg

It looks very Manchester United, atleast it's less red.

They have done very well, they saw the writing on the wall and responded, good on 'em.

They should appeal to many in the West, whilst hopefully boosting Scum FC's figures with the intro of a Derby, etc.

Kit looks good - except for the white shorts. They just look dumb with the red and black jersey - are they trying to attract the huge Flamengo supporter base that lives in Australia?

Edited by Che

Wanderers??!?!

FMD, that is a terrible name. Which marketing gurus come up with this shit. They sound like a bunch of peasant gypsies!!!

There's already 2 big clubs in Sydney using this name, the Chilean Fairfield Wanderers and another Yugo club called Sydney Wanderers

Again, FFAil doing wonders to alienate many sections of the community with this team.

Looks like Fuhrer Lowy and his cronies got what they eventually wanted, a plastic franchise with another stupid Z-League name, but they underestimated the intelliegnce of West Sydneysiders if they think they we will fall for this lemon. No matter how hard you try Ben Fuckley you can't dress up shit!!

Edited by Olympic Ultras

Wanderers??!?!

FMD, that is a terrible name. Which marketing gurus come up with this shit. They sound like a bunch of peasant gypsies!!!

There's already 2 big clubs in Sydney using this name, the Chilean Fairfield Wanderers and another Yugo club called Sydney Wanderers

Again, FFAil doing wonders to alienate many sections of the community with this team.

Looks like Fuhrer Lowy and his cronies got what they eventually wanted, a plastic franchise with another stupid Z-League name, but they underestimated the intelliegnce of West Sydneysiders if they think they we will fall for this lemon. No matter how hard you try Ben Fuckley you can't dress up shit!!

Seriously Mini this is a forum for Melbourne Heart supporters, why bother?

Wanderers??!?!

Shall I get the tissues... :'(

Big fan of the kit and logo. FFA have taken their time and have come up with something that looks the part.

Just hope the away kit doesn't contain red, black or white. Maybe light pink (ala Palermo) and throw a Breast Cancer Foundation Logo on the sleeve for free and get some free publicity/good will.

Edited by mus-28

It looks very Manchester United

That was my first thought. It's funny how they've gone that way when SFC have the whole Man City look going on. Trying to play into the Manchester Derby perhaps?

They've gone with the whole traditional look and feel with the name, badge and kit. It's a very fine line to walk but they've done it very well IMO. It's been a long wait but they haven't put a foot wrong so far. They should go well.

So do I get a commission or some shit?

There goes my MHFC alternate kit idea. I should get a job at the A league. I suggested this.

Why would they pay you guys when they can just come on here and read your suggestions for free?

I should be charging them for access to this forum which houses such creativity and ingenious.

• Like 1

Watch the video on the TWG website for a quick glimpse at the back of the kit. Looks a little bit awkward trying to continue the hoops with panels and a large black area for the number. Otherwise, solid first kit. Will be interesting to see what they take as an away kit given the Jets have black/white stripes, Adelaide has both full red and full black kits and we've got red/white everything.

Looks like Chipperfield wont be joining West Sydney, or any a-League team http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/chipperfield-scraps-tarra-plans/2603350.aspx?src=rss

Now thats a genuine "family reasons", since Chipperfield is a legitimate good bloke who I know would have loved to finish off in the A-League. Was saying to malloy the other day about how I respect the guy a lot for paying his own way and being the only European player to come back for that last OFC nations cup we were in when we lost to NZ because they had a better squad than our NSL + Chipperfield squad. Showed his character.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

Beauchamp, Mark Bridge & Shannon Cole announced as the latest signings. Solid if unspectacular. The real making of this side will come from the foreign players they sign. Right now they've got some experienced A-League players, and Mooy who big things are expected of.

Welcome, 'New Newcastle FC'.

Current squad: Tarek Elrich, Michael Beauchamp, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Ante Covic, Labinot Haliti, Mark Bridge, Kwabena Appiah, Aaron Mooy, Shannon Cole.

Pretty decent spine, need a couple of decent mids and a quality striker and they could be in business.

Where is the commitment to West Sydney? Where are the West Sydney players??? All I'm seeing is a list of recycled hacks!!!

FFAil says Western Sydney is Australia's Football factory, but obviously only in name only, because they're not offering any oppurtunity for young Western Sydney talent in the side!!

Makes me sick to see all this young talent being overlooked for Z-league has beens. This club is a farce

Where is the commitment to West Sydney? Where are the West Sydney players??? All I'm seeing is a list of recycled hacks!!!

FFAil says Western Sydney is Australia's Football factory, but obviously only in name only, because they're not offering any oppurtunity for young Western Sydney talent in the side!!

Makes me sick to see all this young talent being overlooked for Z-league has beens. This club is a farce

FFS so Mini are u saying that "IF" things had been done properly then the WSW could have had u and your infamous Olympic Ultras support???

FFS so Mini are u saying that "IF" things had been done properly then the WSW could have had u and your infamous Olympic Ultras support???

All I'm saying is that the West Sydney team should be looking to promote some local players. There's a lot of talent out here that their club is overlooking!

What's the point of saying your from West Syd if your not gonna involve players from the area in the club??

Credit where it's due, I think Heart did a great job at scouting youth players and offering them oppurtunities in their side, but WS are doing none of that so far

:) 3/4 of the current squad are WS born and bred.

Of the trialsts today, almost all where local WS boys.

The coaching staff are WS locals.

The fans got everything the asked for with the badge, stadio, colours, name and kit.

What more do you want?

Olympic will never join the HAL, you know that, enjoy the APL.

Edited by LR9