Melbourne Football

Yonatan Cohen

citypool

54 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

He's a gun

Great signing

Not sure why you say this. Record isn't much to shout about.Ā 

2 minutes ago, citypool said:

Agreed I'll very disappointed if people give this bloke a hard time because his IsraeliĀ 

I'm not sure that this is a particularly good signing at this point in time.

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yonatan-cohen/leistungsdaten/spieler/408026/plus/0?saison=2023

Waste of space as well as being a divisive signing - if it occurs - Melbourne City not "reading the room."

We couldn't get a better marquee then this dude and we need a marquee we can't just play kids. If people have a problem with this signing says more about society then anything else.Ā 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, citypool said:

We couldn't get a better marquee then this dude and we need a marquee we can't just play kids. If people have a problem with this signing says more about society then anything else.Ā 

Perhaps it says more about someone's values than anything else. They differ from person to person.

However, we have had rumours before from the same source that have notĀ come to pass. SoĀ best to wait and see I think.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Perhaps it says more about someone's values than anything else. They differ from person to person.

However, we have had rumours before from the same source that have notĀ come to pass. SoĀ best to wait and see I think.

But what values do you need to have? An Israeli, Palestinian or even Russian/Ukrainian footballer can't control what their government is doingĀ 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, citypool said:

But what values do you need to have? An Israeli, Palestinian or even Russian/Ukrainian footballer can't control what their government is doingĀ 

I'm commenting on my values. Not a player's values. And the values held by Melbourne City.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Anyone that doesnt want to sign a player because of their nationality is being racist, whether theyre Israeli or Palestinian. You might not think you are, but you are. Simple as that

Glad the club is not being "woke" by not signing players from these regions of the world!

On 06/09/2024 at 11:36 AM, jw1739 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yonatan-cohen/leistungsdaten/spieler/408026/plus/0?saison=2023

Waste of space as well as being a divisive signing - if it occurs - Melbourne City not "reading the room."

According to some, WSW didn't "read the room" when they signed Israeli Tomer Hamed in 2021/2022...Ā 

Let they lad play and hope he does well for us.

• Like 1