Melbourne Football

Australia Cup 2024

4 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

I did make a thread a little while ago that we could continue to use, or if everyone prefers we could just make a thread for every year of the cup...

Sorry mate I must of missed your thread we can delete this then 

25 minutes ago, citypool said:

Sorry mate I must of missed your thread we can delete this then 

I suggest you leave this thread and use it.

There's no way of deleting old threads I'm afraid, and with the passage of time they become harder to find.

The site owner pays no attention to requests to clean up the mess, and there's nothing more that Moderators can do.

• Like 3

• jw1739 changed the title to Australia Cup 2024
  • 2 weeks later...

In fact the play-offs to determine the final two A-League clubs to participate in this year's Cup Round of 32 are not that far away. The top 8, including City, are automatically in the Round of 32.

The play-offs are in Darwin on 23rd and 24th July. Brisbane vs. Perth and then Newcastle vs. Western United. I don't think it helps to have these matches in Darwin. I don't see why Brisbane and Newcastle fans should have to forego a home match in this way. I think this devalues the competition.

The winner of the Cup is expected to qualify for the play-offs to progress to the Group stage for the the ACL Champions League Tier 2.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

In fact the play-offs to determine the final two A-League clubs to participate in this year's Cup Round of 32 are not that far away. The top 8, including City, are automatically in the Round of 32.

The play-offs are in Darwin on 23rd and 24th July. Brisbane vs. Perth and then Newcastle vs. Western United. I don't think it helps to have these matches in Darwin. I don't see why Brisbane and Newcastle fans should have to forego a home match in this way. I think this devalues the competition.

The winner of the Cup is expected to qualify for the play-offs to progress to the Group stage for the the ACL Champions League Tier 2.

It's up to the fans of those clubs to complain if enough people do it the clubs could consider changing it. 

Otherwise I don't mind a neutral venue to qualify kind of makes it unpredictable and I like to think there are some fans from Darwin that might enjoy the games 

On 21/05/2024 at 3:23 AM, citypool said:

Potrebbe valere la pena creare un thread sulla Coppa d'Australia per seguire le partite.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Australia_Cup_preliminary_rounds

La città di Melbourne giocherà in Rd 32 a giugno, ci sono molte partite intorno a Victoria se qualcuno è interessato 

Excellent idea to open a thread on the Australia Cup. It will be very interesting to follow the matches and analyze the results. What do you expect? I found some interesting predictions on 1xbet bonus code. Very useful!

Edited by ciao2024
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ciao2024 said:

Excellent idea to open a thread on the Australia Cup. It will be very interesting to follow the matches and analyze the results. What do you expect?

It's really hard to predict because it's happening in the off season for a league clubs and a lot of squad changes are happening. I'm trying to get to a few npl clubs that are near me next week.

Just want to see the competition get some traction. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, citypool said:

Just want to see the competition get some traction. 

I agree. Australian football , overall, needs to take much more interest in this competition. It's hampered a bit because the A-League has a different season to the State clubs. It is one ticket into AFC football, which for me personally is something we should prize highly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

If we get bunted in the first round Vidmar out...😳

Let's just see what happens first. It is still my opinion that the problem lies deeper in the club than Vidmar.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2024 at 2:20 PM, jw1739 said:

Let's just see what happens first. It is still my opinion that the problem lies deeper in the club than Vidmar.

On 21/06/2024 at 8:41 AM, mjake1234 said:

Always has been. What the public see is a reflection of management.

agreed.  plenty was going on last season, not just with Vidmar.  i'm still not convinced given the poor game management in the elimination against the tards.

Vidmar now gets a full preseason, plus no 3 games in 7 days where he gets to implant his structures and expectations without interruptions.  no excuses.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Full credit to David Zrillic. He has been in the job for about 4 weeks and he has PG playing like a team. Yes, they still have issues and are probably short of good couple of defenders but I saw a team. Brisbane on the other hand....

Yep, it's going to be a tough game they looked organised, although Brisbane looked pretty ordinary.

11 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I think that’s exit for us, trip to Perth in less the two weeks and we barely have a senior squad available.

Quite possibly the weakest team we have ever fielded.

A disgrace considering our history and some of the players who have pulled on the club colours...

I don't think our 11 will be that bad, it will be no worse than what Perth put out last night

Young

Talbot - Soup - Ferrerya- Behich

Jeggo - Ugarkovic

Tilio - Leckie - Nabbout (if fit)

Caputo

It will be the bench that will be filled with kids that could be good, could be not up to it.

14 minutes ago, neio said:

I don't think our 11 will be that bad, it will be no worse than what Perth put out last night

Young

Jeggo - Ugarkovic

Caputo

It will be the bench that will be filled with kids that could be good, could be not up to it.

Hmm.
2016 Cup-winning team:
Dean Bouzanis:
Neil Kilkenny, Osama Malik, Michael Jakobsen, Ivan Franjic
Luke Brattan, Tim Cahill, Nicholas Colazo, Bruce Kamau, Bruno Fornaroli, Fernando Brandan.

On the bench:
Tommy Sorensen, Manny Muscat, Connor Chapman, Anthony Caceres, Nick Fitzgerald.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Hmm.
2016 Cup-winning team:
Dean Bouzanis:
Luke Brattan, Tim Cahill, Nicholas Colazo, Bruce Kamau, Bruno Fornaroli, Fernando Brandan.

On the bench:

Hahaha that kinda looks a bit meh nowadays compared to the teams we fielded more recently...

3 hours ago, neio said:

Young

Jeggo - Ugarkovic

Caputo

Would you not be playing Trewin at CB? Or purely trialing the new bloke instead?

7 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Would you not be playing Trewin at CB? Or purely trialing the new bloke instead?

I completely forgot we signed Trewin, yes he plays CB. I'd partner him with the new bloke to see how he goes, but they will play Soup and Trewin 

Watched the Jets vs WU game last night. Hard to gauge because WU were so dismal. In the first half the Jets were slicing them to pieces. Second half youngsters got game time and did OK. WU improved once they brought in their first gamers.

22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Hmm.
2016 Cup-winning team:
Dean Bouzanis:

On the bench:

That teams gives me nostalgia. Though most people argue it's better to have young players I do enjoy a bit more depth 

8 hours ago, citypool said:

That teams gives me nostalgia. Though most people argue it's better to have young players I do enjoy a bit more depth 

I think we need a balance, also this league is very much a development league, especially with 2M less revenue.

• Like 1