Melbourne Football

Squad 2024-25

jw1739

2 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Especially when we have had a very mundane pre season soo far...nothing to get particularly excited for this season. 

Yeah we're going to sign up but there's just nothing happening with the club. Brisbane is playing in India why can't we do something 

18 hours ago, citypool said:

Yeah we're going to sign up but there's just nothing happening with the club. Brisbane is playing in India why can't we do something 

How about a simple "come along, meet the players, hear what we are doing to make you part of the club, enjoy the sausage sizzle and thank you for being a" member" of a dynamic, focussed, fan and community club".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

How about a simple "come along, meet the players, hear what we are doing to make you part of the club, enjoy the sausage sizzle and thank you for being a" member" of a dynamic, focussed, fan and community club".

Dream on, dear boy, dream on. My conclusion is that CFG does not know how to relate to people. But then, look where the HQ is...

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Dream on, dear boy, dream on. My conclusion is that CFG does not know how to relate to people. But then, look where the HQ is...

Obviously CFG own the club but we still have people in Melbourne so I don't know what they do all day. The phone wouldn't ring much for membership so surely they have time to think of marketing ideas and things to do 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, citypool said:

Obviously CFG own the club but we still have people in Melbourne so I don't know what they do all day. The phone wouldn't ring much for membership so surely they have time to think of marketing ideas and things to do 

What they do all day, as in most administrations, is make something that is simple into something that is unnecessarily complicated.

I am of the opinion that homo sapiens is the only species on the planet that spends most of its time inflicting pain on itself.

3 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

@mjake1234Whilst that's a good idea in principle, who is actually going to go down there?

Ideally, you want a drop-in centre, which has the opportunity to catch the passing trade so to speak. I think it was Elton John, when he owned Watford, who came up with the thought that the ground was used just once a week, and he got all sorts of activities going at their ground. Child-minding centre etc. so that the club-rooms were in use 7-days of the week, or something like that any way.

Whether that continues I don't know, but IMO by moving to Casey Fields the club has cut itself off from those sorts of initiatives.

I regularly walk past Linton Street Oval, St. KIlda's old ground. Yes, I know it's AFL, but there is a cafe/restaurant there that seems to be open most days and the car-park is full with patrons. The State Government continues to pour money into the facility, and there are new stands (I think the women play there).

At Casey Fields we have no chance of ever getting that sort of patronage. I regularly meet various long-standing mates for coffee. But there's no chance I would take them all that way down to Cranbourne - just doesn't make sense.

Dumb decision. Why? Because it didn't consider the fans. Which is where we started...

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

What they do all day, as in most administrations, is make something that is simple into something that is unnecessarily complicated.

I am of the opinion that homo sapiens is the only species on the planet that spends most of its time inflicting pain on itself.

Bloke on the Melbourne city Facebook fans page reckons family day and open training sessions will be announced soon. Let's see what happens 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Since the forum has been down some squad news has come out,

Caputo will be out for 4-5 months with a leg injury and Lopane will also have a long term injury after getting surgery.

There really isn't looking like a very promising season at all...would be shocked if we make the top 6 at this rate!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that MFG lives on being rich, if you want to be the best just throw money at it but it is waking up to the reality that if you can't afford it you will just have to be cellar dwellers so tighten your belt as we are in for a bumpy ride until they wake up .

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/09/2024 at 4:00 PM, johnno cpfc said:

It seems to me that MFG lives on being rich, if you want to be the best just throw money at it but it is waking up to the reality that if you can't afford it you will just have to be cellar dwellers so tighten your belt as we are in for a bumpy ride until they wake up .

No good youth to sell off so no money.

No soup for you!

4 hours ago, NewConvert said:

@jw1739 can you update the list please. Rhamani has been added as a mid-fielder. Which leads me to think that we have very old players and very young players and not much in between.

Very Sad News but.... 

I have been asked to respond by announcing that jw1739, one of the most long standing, passionate and very active club members is no longer a member of this forum. He has also suspended his club membership. 

He has agonised for a long time about the club and, to some extent, the league but his desire for improvement has finally succumbed. The tipping point for him was the fiasco of the club's FRG, the attitude of its members(s), some unexciting signings, and a seeming lack of ambition for the A-League men's team 

To satisfy his love of football he has reconnected with his UK club and wants to wait on the sidelines for a hopeful better future for MCFC. 

We will all miss him.
  • Sad 4