Melbourne Football

The philosphy, youth and Scott Munn.

downbylaw

Have to say, unless there is a miracle of results, the club is in trouble.

I was on board at the very start due to talk of a different brand of football and types of player and play development that the club was bringing through. Play technical football with Australia's best youth and overseas players, and don't be just another club that uses journeymen to run up and down playing kick and run.

I think the big underachivement though is the lack of NSL fans we have converted. Plenty of talk at the start of Didulica and Viduka to bring in the South Melbourne supporters, couple of Greek internationals linked to us too. Nothing really came of it.

Perhaps a banner with "No more excuses" or something on those lines to let those at the top know supporters are dis-content might be in order - before it is too late.

I supported Falcons to the end and don't want to see another club fold. It is sad to look at old shirts, scarves etc. and have only memories.

Heart at the moment do not seem to have a clue. The days of Aloisi, Skoko, Sibon and Terra are a distant memory and as it stands the present and future look average at best. Support for the club appears to be decreasing with comments from supporters and the media rightfully critical about Heart and what we are doing. Youth players are being dropped for name players regardless of performance. The list goes on.

A good result is needed in this derby and the club needs to get back to the roots it planted at foundation.

• Like 1

Tbh, summer should bring a total clean up to the club itself.Get interns from universities to work for us. Support and free work force. Sell all the dead players. Fred, Colosimo, Bolton, Grey, Williams. Bring in youngsters to fill their roles. But get a good goalie and CB who are well known. Also sign Tadic and Garcia for lifetime. Make Garcia captain with Gerhardt as a back up. use Tadic, Garcia, Gerhardt and Beich for advertisements because they show the most passion.

Agree Jimmy, next year will be better, I feel for Aloisi, hope they give him a second year. He is. Very green and because of his determined nature he is stressing and probably trying to fix everything all at once, his inexperience making him conservative and to rigid in his formation, where a more experienced manager would have different ideas. Hopefully he takes stock over the long off season, learns, gets good advice, maybe chat to some old coaches he played under. Next year is the test for him, see if he has learnt in the off season when you can take the time with hindsight.

• 10 months later...

In b4 I waste my last Friday night watching a fkn train wreck for season 2013/14 264l191.jpg And they thought 'Obamacare' was bad.

That Post is as bad as your Sig... :droy:

Dem photoshop skills.

In all honesty just sucks how no one at the club seems like taking responsibility. In fact the club act as if its not even an issue in the slightest

Everyone knows by now that the philosophy under JVS was thrown out the door, because the board wanted results to help make a profit, or they'd look to sell their stake.

With that, the likes of Munn, Didalica, Aloisi never ever talked about posession football, youth promotion, community grass roots or the JVS mantra as soon as he left the door.   Now we are looking to win, get in older guys and play ugly football to achieve it, without spending too much money.

Nobody really knows what happens next.

Everyone knows by now that the philosophy under JVS was thrown out the door, because the board wanted results to help make a profit, or they'd look to sell their stake.

With that, the likes of Munn, Didalica, Aloisi never ever talked about posession football, youth promotion, community grass roots or the JVS mantra as soon as he left the door.   Now we are looking to win, get in older guys and play ugly football to achieve it, without spending too much money.

Nobody really knows what happens next.

You dont think that maybe the club also wanted to win games?

This also sells seats and makes money.

How many games did JVS win in Season One with his Youth Policy?

In fact after letting go of two of our expeirenced defenders, how many games did JVS win in Season 2 (Without Madaschi) but the two teenaged CB's as our defensive pairing?

I still don't think it's fair on jvs to have such high expectations for results when on a limited budget compared to other teams. Our original objective was never to win the league in season one or two, but to make finals amongst many other objectives, unless someone can correct me. He built the club up by season two, got us to finals and instilled within the club the sense of culture and identity we needed to seperate ourselves from victory. Supporters had respect for him, players had respect for him and now we have lost all of that in the space of 1 year. The club has lost its supporters, lost its players and has lost the identity it once had before.

• Like 3

On the topic of players for a moment, watching the way Malik instantly went across to the travelling Adelaide fans after scoring to embrace.

Of course this happens in leagues across the world but can anyone remember a heart player doing this during a game since terra scored in the first derby?

I vaguely remember Tadic sort of coming across to YS and that's about it. Even after the games it's very rare to get more than an almost sarcastic clap from the middle of the pitch (there's been a few exceptions).

On the topic of players for a moment, watching the way Malik instantly went across to the travelling Adelaide fans after scoring to embrace.

Of course this happens in leagues across the world but can anyone remember a heart player doing this during a game since terra scored in the first derby?

I vaguely remember Tadic sort of coming across to YS and that's about it. Even after the games it's very rare to get more than an almost sarcastic clap from the middle of the pitch (there's been a few exceptions).

can remember aziz jumping the barrier at northern end when he scored against newcastle

Paddy go-hard did when we scored against brisbane last year when we beat them 3-1. I remember this well cause I was able to hug him, and that's when the man crush started :D

But i agree it doesn't happen enough, even when we've scored goals this season it's been down the other end :( Need more crowd love.

Edited by kingofhearts

Of the current squad, other then a hand full of names such as Aziz, Paddy G, Willo, Kalmar, Germano, Hoff and maybe a couple of others, the majority of the side could care less about the fan base IMO.

Redders, Mass, Dmac and to a lesser extent Golgol are real cunts in this regard.

But TBF with a win rate rate of under 25% under JA, they're usually leaving the pitch pretty gutted...

Babalj did as well when he scored after returning from Red Star

Ironically that was the last time we won a game...  ;) 

552175-130209-eli-babaji.jpg

Edited by LR9

Redders has come over after every match and often stays around for a bit of a chat. He has posed for photos with my children and also after the WSW game with one of their friends who came to the game. It made a great A4 photo which I sent him home with. A shame we didn't have a pen as the young fellow wanted his autograph as he is a bit of a fan.

A number of the players come around after games and are usually happy to hang around for a little while. After running for an hour and a half I respect their time and effort as I am sure they want to go and cool down.

Yes, the results haven't been going well, but don't turn on the players who do make an effort to engage with supporters. Just now they probably don't know if they will get a hug or abuse. Whilst some of them are a bit snobby, go easy.

• Like 1

Paddy go-hard did when we scored against brisbane last year when we beat them 3-1. I remember this well cause I was able to hug him, and that's when the man crush started :D

But i agree it doesn't happen enough, even when we've scored goals this season it's been down the other end :( Need more crowd love.

We do have fans at both ends!

Of the current squad, other then a hand full of names such as Aziz, Paddy G, Willo, Kalmar, Germano, Hoff and maybe a couple of others, the majority of the side could care less about the fan base IMO.

Redders, Mass, Dmac and to a lesser extent Golgol are real cunts in this regard.

But TBF with a win rate rate of under 25% under JA, they're usually leaving the pitch pretty gutted...

Babalj did as well when he scored after returning from Red Star

Ironically that was the last time we won a game... ;)

552175-130209-eli-babaji.jpg Gol gol and mass both spent heaps of time where I was sitting after the game. Chatting to fans on the fence. I get the sense gol Gol is naturally pretty shy anyway

Edited by Dylan

I love it when the players spend some time with the supporters after the game, especially YS and also all the kids who wait at the players tunnel.

That being said, I'd also like to see the guys walk off together, win, lose or draw as a team, and to know that they were going to get an initial debrief from the manager whilst the game is still fresh in their minds and whilst emotions are still raw

Edited by Torn Asunder