Melbourne Football

Tezza Antonis

MHFC-FAN

On 10/07/2023 at 3:05 PM, MHFC-FAN said:

Probably the signing that has most fans feeling a bit pessimistic...

However if fit and healthy could be a real steal as he has great passing range and attacking vision! 

If we don't keep Berenguer, Antonis will fill that void.

You'd think he needs to grab this lifeline with both hands and really work for it  Rado was a former coach of him so maybe they have a good enough relationship to get him to play to his best

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, IssySG said:

Really reckon Antonis is going to be such a tidy little pick up. 

He was involved in that first Jmac goal as he found Leckie out wide who then passed into Jmac. Then Jmacs second goal was from a direct asssist from Antonis. 

Also the round of 32 he provided the winning assist after coming off the bench. 

In 2 cups game and limited minutes in those games he's been involved heavily in 3 goals! 

6 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

He was involved in that first Jmac goal as he found Leckie out wide who then passed into Jmac. Then Jmacs second goal was from a direct asssist from Antonis. 

Also the round of 32 he provided the winning assist after coming off the bench. 

In 2 cups game and limited minutes in those games he's been involved heavily in 3 goals! 

Agreed. I do like him. Bit of a supersub and changes the game when he comes on.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, Baka1 said:

This bloke is in the list of cult-heroes. Fight me

Massively underrated signing in the pre season turning out to be providing all the doubters wrong!

He's a one man highlights reel so far this season...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Does this also apply to the bedroom? My wife doesn’t seem to think so.

It happens to us all mate.

It's a bit strange why he is being played in the deeper role, he is doing well there tbf. I think bringing on Lopane to the AM spot would be better if Tezza moved there and Lopane to the deeper role where I think would suit both better.

14 hours ago, moops said:

It happens to us all mate.

It's a bit strange why he is being played in the deeper role, he is doing well there tbf. I think bringing on Lopane to the AM spot would be better if Tezza moved there and Lopane to the deeper role where I think would suit both better.

Maybe they think Lopane doesn't have enough mongrel for a DM role late in the game, Antonis throws himself into tackles and shows a lot of desperation when he's on

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Maybe they think Lopane doesn't have enough mongrel for a DM role late in the game, Antonis throws himself into tackles and shows a lot of desperation when

And he's experienced so should know how to see out a match and score bangers 

29 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Jokes aside, how long is he signed up for? And we all agree he should stay alittle longer?

I think he deserves at least another season, he's been good for us.

I have no idea how long his contract is.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, moops said:

I think he deserves at least another season, he's been good for us.

I have no idea how long his contract is.

The statistic comparison with Haaland was no joke I assure you.

Antonis' contract expires at the end of this season. I too think he's worth another year - very much so in fact. Almost a super-sub, and a reserve penalty-taker. Shows drive and enthusiasm and pride in the jersey.

• Like 3