Melbourne Football

Friday 18th March vs Brisbane Roar 7.40 pm AAMI Park

kingofhearts

From Zullo's comments above:

"We know that if we beat Brisbane this week and other results go our way we'll be one point from the top with three games to go and from that position we could really make a play to finish top of the table.

"That has to be the goal. Nothing else is acceptable from a goal-setting point of view."

It's only taken about 6 seasons but the attitude of this crop of players is far and away better than the "If we win, we win. If we lose, we lose" mentality of the past.

16 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Game day. Rain and wind will be easing after lunch. Hoepfully doesn't keep away the fans. Pumped for this one. Come on City

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Nate said:

Pumped! 

Weather's gon be shit though lolol

Yeah, its been confirmed that the track rating has been confirmed as a: Heavy Ten otherwise known as Maximum Hool.

So remember in these conditions... "No Jacket, No Hool"

Edited by cadete

There is no one in the world better at predicting A-League results than me (just ask the bookmakers).

But this is a tough one. I think if this was in Brisbane then Brisbane would win, but it's hard to see us losing at home the way we have been going.

We should win tonight, at worst it will be a draw. But I think we will get all 3 points.

EDIT: oh shit the weather, actually we're probably fucked if the pitch is going to be wet.

EDIT 2: nah, Novillo got this shit, easy long range goals if the weather is shit.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tesla said:

There is no one in the world better at predicting A-League results than me (just ask the bookmakers).

But this is a tough one. I think if this was in Brisbane then Brisbane would win, but it's hard to see us losing at home the way we have been going.

We should win tonight, at worst it will be a draw. But I think we will get all 3 points.

EDIT: oh shit the weather, actually we're probably fucked if the pitch is going to be wet.

EDIT 2: nah, Novillo got this shit, easy long range goals if the weather is shit.

They water the pitch before each game anyway. Have faith son! 3-0 win against the muppet Aliosi.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I actually feel good about this one. Not a good sign

The reason for this is because games were everyone expects us to win, the opposition then comes out and plays defensive, and we are unable to break down teams playing defensive due to tactical deficiencies (JVS) so we lose/draw. But when the game is open like it is when we play a good team, our superior attacking talents (Fornaroli, Mooy, Novillo, etc) are able to use their individual abilities to their fullest and our score the other team so we win.

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I actually feel good about this one. Not a good sign

I am concerned about this one. Hopefully a good sign.

Its wet, windy and the surface is chopped up. We normally struggle when conditions aren't perfect, and we have struggled against Roar this season. We aren't great at playing out from the back when under pressure and Roar press harder than any team in the league.

So everything is pointing to a comfortable win.

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Season on the line here. JVS needs to roll the dice in the second half (we've Been the better side, but nothing to show for it)

Agree. But what? I think Fitzy has lacked impact. Maybe bring on Caceras for Fitzy. Apart from that super strike they really haven't done much and we have been the better value. Still think we'll win this for no obvious reason but just feel it.

Just now, Torn Asunder said:

From where I was sitting, looked a penalty to Harry. No replay though at the ground. Pitch at our end is shocking. Grounds men are working on it with pitch forks at the minute. Harry, Mooy and Franjic all lost the ball at our end in attack and I reckon the pitch played its part

At home (3 hours sleep last night & a sick family). Was a clear pen. Contact on his leg, knocks  him off balance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Agree. But what? I think Fitzy has lacked impact. Maybe bring on Caceras for Fitzy. Apart from that super strike they really haven't done much and we have been the better value. Still think we'll win this for no obvious reason but just feel it.

Yeah. We are creating chances but need to do more. 3 at the back? Get numbers forward and play with width.