• Marco Tilio
    • Jamie Maclaren
    • Craig Noone
    • Nuno Reis
    • Adrian Luna
    • Ben Garuccio
    • Stefan Colacovski

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/21 at 05:00 AM

I went Jmac too, but Galloway stiff and i genuinely think just about everyone was excellent.

Mathematically i think 54 points is still the Plate number but realistically i think it more like 48 at best(imo Brisbane are definitely not good enough to win more than 6 of their last 8, esp when they play us twice, Adelaide away and Sydney in that), so in that sense we need 10 points, ie 3 wins and a draw from our last 7. Of which 6 of the 7 are in Victoria and two of those are against the bottom two. Enjoy the ride into the station.

40 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Galloway without a doubt. Put two opportunities on a platter for Jaime plus had to deal with a barrage of attack mostly coming up his wing. This is one of those games where we need a different system. 

Yes hands down our best player last night. Assists and almost no mistakes. Without those assists Jmac can’t put them away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Galloway without a doubt. Put two opportunities on a platter for Jaime plus had to deal with a barrage of attack mostly coming up his wing. This is one of those games where we need a different system. 

Actually I think the system worked well in this game.

Mclaren and Galloway have both polled strongly, which reflected the game IMO.

Third (which is only a point) probably won’t go to my 3rd best (Tilio or Metcalfe) but it’s all opinions isn’t it.

17 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Galloway superb. Really pleased with his growth this season. I was concerned when we lost Atkinson but to his credit Galloway has come in and provided a lot of attacking drive. Those crosses were perfect. I just hope Noone was watching...

I was having a chuckle this morning. Somebody on Facebook made a comment that Noone was leading the league with most balls into the box so he can’t be criticised. Almost comparing these stats to forward 50 entries at AFL.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Noone also leads the list in expected assists and key passes, he's not the mug he's made out to be by some on here.

Is anyone making him out to be a mug? I'm not surprised he's leading in those xA and key passes, given he also leads it for most crosses into the box. It's a quality v quantity issue for Noone. He's undoubtedly got the skills but he needs to tighten up his deliveries. A lot of wasted passes. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Is anyone making him out to be a mug? I'm not surprised he's leading in those xA and key passes, given he also leads it for most crosses into the box. It's a quality v quantity issue for Noone. He's undoubtedly got the skills but he needs to tighten up his deliveries. A lot of wasted passes. 

He has basically the highest cross completion percentage in the league and on track to have the 2nd highest cross completion percentage of any Melbourne City player for a whole season ever.

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

Noone also leads the list in expected assists and key passes, he's not the mug he's made out to be by some on here.

Of course, if you wack in 20 crosses blindly one of them will end up with a team mate! That one successfull ball will be taken into these statistics. He gets the ball a lot in our team hence he leads those stats.

Sorry but last night output was just poor from his standard. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

I noticed last night that he doesn’t look up when he crosses, doesn’t seem to note if we are outnumbered 6 to 2 in the box, the cross to the second post goes in blindly. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

He has basically the highest cross completion percentage in the league and on track to have the 2nd highest cross completion percentage of any Melbourne City player for a whole season ever.

And yet I'm still not impressed by many of his crosses, especially for a guy with his ability and experience. Many are overhit or are just too hard to do anything with even if they are touched by a City player (which counts as completed?), but the A-League is pretty ordinary overall in the crossing department.

Anyway, his numbers are solid, and I like him as a player. I just don't like how many crosses we attempt in general.

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

He's not a mug but fmd, he is the most frustrating player in the team by far.

Gets plenty of possession and has a bit of pace but his decision making when crossing the ball into the box is horrible.

If he could hit his man consistently the guy would be leading the a-league assist ladder by 10+

It's not so long ago when the Forum thought that Jamo was just about the worst player we have ever had...but now look at him! IMO what we're forgetting here is that this season we're an awesome team. Nabbout's crossing is also not the best if you look at it, but Noone and Nabbout with Jmac in the middle, Luna and Metcalfe backing up, pace combined with the high press, and we're virtually unstoppable as a unit. IMO Noone is a part of it and if I had a say it would be to keep him for another season.

I don't like too much emphasis on individual statistics. It's a team game. Just have another look at our third last night. Poetry. Who cares who made the final pass?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It's not so long ago when the Forum thought that Jamo was just about the worst player we have ever had...but now look at him! IMO what we're forgetting here is that this season we're an awesome team. Nabbout's crossing is also not the best if you look at it, but Noone and Nabbout with Jmac in the middle, Luna and Metcalfe backing up, pace combined with the high press, and we're virtually unstoppable as a unit. IMO Noone is a part of it and if I had a say it would be to keep him for another season.

I don't like too much emphasis on individual statistics. It's a team game. Just have another look at our third last night. Poetry. Who cares who made the final pass?

You're right mate but unless we win every game 10-0 we know that their is something majorly wrong and their needs to be wholesale changes throughout the team

• Haha 3