Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

9 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

Well Mooy will go looks for sure. Bruno's manager is chucking in an ambit claim to see how high discussions will go. I'd say a marquee wage at half that amount as a starting point plus a bonus on top based on goals scored would be a tremendous deal for him.

I think he is his own manager

1 hour ago, Simo said:

I think he is his own manager

It did cross my mind and you may be right. Even so, I don't begrudge him putting in a claim - he's been outstanding for us and the HAL. I just hope we can hang on to him. My worst nightmare would be for him to go over to the Tards :droy:

7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I don't get these multi-year contracts if players can willy nilly leave/demand more. What is the point of contracts??

We should use the "transfer list" system. Can work for both clubs and players.

44 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I don't get these multi-year contracts if players can willy nilly leave/demand more. What is the point of contracts??

Look at the John Stones Everton/Chelsea situation, Stones handed in a transfer request, Chelsea submitted multiple bids yet John remained at Everton. There is nothing actually stopping us from keeping Bruno inside the salary cap where he's still contracted from next season. However a player can then kick up a stink, don't train, don't play and mess up the whole clubs moral.

The big thing for the club is if he refuses to stay and he does leave the club we will get a transfer fee for him, if there's Chinese clubs circling the CFG could realistically make back the money they spent purchasing our club on the sale of just two players, unreal.

26 minutes ago, Jozzy said:

Look at the John Stones Everton/Chelsea situation, Stones handed in a transfer request, Chelsea submitted multiple bids yet John remained at Everton. There is nothing actually stopping us from keeping Bruno inside the salary cap where he's still contracted from next season. However a player can then kick up a stink, don't train, don't play and mess up the whole clubs moral.

The big thing for the club is if he refuses to stay and he does leave the club we will get a transfer fee for him, if there's Chinese clubs circling the CFG could realistically make back the money they spent purchasing our club on the sale of just two players, unreal.

Yeah, sounds good. But on the flip side we'll be having players of the calibre equivalent of Brown and Maycon playing for us. He must be retained as players like that are not easy to find in a salary capped league.

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Yeah, sounds good. But on the flip side we'll be having players of the calibre equivalent of Brown and Maycon playing for us. He must be retained as players like that are not easy to find in a salary capped league.

I don't know..I reckon we could find few players like Brown and Maycon at pretty much any suburban park on any given Sunday afternoon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matinclattenberg1 said:

No one heard of Bruno before we got him, there's obviously other strikers out there like him. We don't need to offer him a marquee contract next season. If he wants to go, squeeze every penny out of the clubs that would want him, and let him go

Problem is for every Bruno there's about 5 Piovaccaris. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Do they?

These illustrious 36 scouts are probably batting at 30% success rate. 

Exactly this. Let's assume every visa player that has come to us has been found by these scouts. By my judgement....

Bruno- huge success

Harry- moderate success

Hughes-disaster

Koren-disaster

Sorenson-success

Duff-moderate success

This season has been an improvement because we have had more success with our visa players than any other season. But they've still managed to make a disastrous decision with one visa player during both seasons. I'm simply hoping that this pattern continues to improve and hopefully this next season we have at least 4 successful visa players out on the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Exactly this. Let's assume every visa player that has come to us has been found by these scouts. By my judgement....

Bruno- huge success

Harry- moderate success

Hughes-disaster

Koren-disaster

Sorenson-success

Duff-moderate success

This season has been an improvement because we have had more success with our visa players than any other season. But they've still managed to make a disastrous decision with one visa player during both seasons. I'm simply hoping that this pattern continues to improve and hopefully this next season we have at least 4 successful visa players out on the pitch. 

Ones that didn't work tended to be the older blokes in Hughe, Koren and Duff (although he tried his guts out)

So CFG wanting to bring in a youth marquee would be a good move.

To be fair to bruno, most of his goals were mainly his doing which involved alot of class and work on his part because hardly any were tap ins. Of course not all, but most, and even less of those were from Mooy assisting as well. 

Edited by Dylan

21 minutes ago, Dylan said:

To be fair to bruno, most of his goals were mainly his doing which involved alot of class and work on his part because hardly any were tap ins. Of course not all, but most, and even less of those were from Mooy assisting as well. 

Novillo might be a turd but he is a good footballer. The amount of times he made space around Bruno and pulled players away so Bruno had to beat one is amazing. In the semi watch how rarely the right and left back need help in containing Benny G and Fitzgerald. That's the difference guys like Novillo make they commit defenders because they are actually dangerous. I don't need to say any more about Mooy. The guy was class. If you asked any striker in the league who they would want playing balls in I'd say there would be only one answer.

• Like 5

• jw1739 locked this topic