Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

JVS on Bruno being isolated last week and during the derby:

As I said last week when we played last week away in Sydney and he was fighting on his own, isolated too much, but you could see that if we use him more and play closer to him that he can really add a lot of value to our team. 

Koren playing as the closest attacking midfielder to Bruno suggests this is a reason why he was taken off. 

• Like 1

Stood up to finkler too when finkler was carrying on like a little bitch to him.

He takes no shit from anyone

Tough guy Finkler was walking off pointing his finger.

Tuna slapping his hand everytime he pointed was hilarious. Reckon he wouldn't have had a problem belting him if it came to that.

Just gold from Tuna. Just really looks the goods.

He is telling everyone to focus (concentrate). If you watch the video he is clapping at other players as well to get them going as well.

was he shouting come on or vamos? 

man I fucking love this guy so much. don't think i've seen anyone play with this much heart (ahem, pun) and drive for us 

• Like 2

man I fucking love this guy so much. don't think i've seen anyone play with this much heart (ahem, pun) and drive for us 

Sort of player we should have had right from the start. And several more of them.

• Like 2

Mate, you just need to take a deep breath.

Yes, I think he looks awesome too and is exactly what we need, but he has only played a few games. People were saying the same thing about Melling last season.

Don't pedestal the bloke, just enjoy what he is doing for us.... besides Harry Nobinyou might get jealous....

• Like 1

Where are the doubters now?

Still early days, but confident he'll prove to be our greatest ever visa signing.

One doubter here!

I hope Tuna proves me wrong and you end up being right. I like his attitude but the guy can't friggin stand up for 5 seconds! The Sydney goal and second goal in the Derby came directly from him going down on the half way line and coughing the ball up. He spends as much time on his arse as on his feet. No wonder they call him the Tuna, Hopefully he will realise that the game and refs here don't like guys that drop onto the ground so easily and will stay on his feet more.  But not holding my breath for a bag of goals, he plays 70% of the game more than 50 metres from goal: as a #9 he is a very good midfielder. Apart from Vukovic shitting himself in the Derby and giving him a gift, he hasn't really threatened to score. But it's early days and I may be wrong, I hope I am. I'd rather play him at #10, get rid of Koren and buy a proper #9....       

No.  Not even.  

Had a few chances but butchered them all, either by a poor shot or (the most common) a poor touch.  This game was nothing like his other games for us and thus i am assuming the short turn around and travel may have been a factor?  

And the fact he was the only one up forward and pretty much couldn't move anywhere on the pitch without being man marked by either Djulbic orThwaite

The bloke can't keep anchoring up forward by himself all game every game. Where is the help JVS?

Yep, a huge performance. Arguably the A-League's new Berisha (without the play acting). I've said my piece about him in the match-day thread, but to put it simply Fornaroli is the perfect focal point for our attack, and can do big things for our team this season.

• jw1739 locked this topic