Melbourne Football

Finals Derby

Tesla

Wait do we login with our usual ticket master account and password or use clubs password ? And what do we use our mem bar code for?

Log in with usual account. To purchase the tickets you will be required to enter the 'clubs password', which is actually your member barcode and distinctive to you...

• Like 2

Melbourne derby final: Friday’s semi-final one of the biggest games in A-League history

MATT WINDLEY

MAY 03, 2015

BRING it on.

One of the biggest games in A-League history awaits us in just four days time as Melbourne Victory prepares to host Melbourne City in a winner-takes-all semi-final at Etihad Stadium.

It was an underdog in last night’s elimination final in Wellington and it will be again at Docklands on Friday night, but after winning a first final in the club’s history City will go in to the grand final qualifier with absolutely no pressure on its shoulders in front of what is set to be a bumper crowd.

John van’t Schip’s side was immense in Wellington on Sunday night.

It did ever so well to rescue its season after a stuttering start that was hijacked by the David Villa arrival and departure, but after securing a finals spot for just the second time in the club’s history its charge seemingly ran out of puff.

Nobody who witnessed the 4-1 capitulation in Adelaide last week would have seen last night’s performance coming.

City looked every bit a side that was up for the fight and capable of troubling the competition’s big guns.

With Josh Kennedy on the scoresheet, Robert Koren and Aaron Mooy roaming midfield and Patrick Kisnorbo marshalling the defence with aplomb, City will head to Etihad Stadium confident it can secure the most unlikely of grand final berths.

On Friday afternoon Victory had three possible semi-final opponents - City, Wellington and Brisbane.

City would have been the least desirable of the three.

Not because Kevin Muscat’s men will feel any more threatened by their cross-town rivals than the Phoenix or Roar, but simply because after earning the right to host a semi-final, that home ground advantage has now been eroded away.

That said, on City’s two trips to Etihad this season they were annhilated by three goals each time, 5-2 in Round 3 and 3-0 in Round 16.

Van’t Schip and his medical staff have a huge battle on their hands in the coming days to make sure their charges are right for Friday night’s showdown.

They won’t arrive back in Melbourne until tonight and so will have the lightest of weeks on the training track in preparation for the biggest game in the club’s history.

Victory knows how hard it is playing in Wellington on a Sunday before backing up on the following Friday, having suffered a shock loss to wooden spooner Newcastle at AAMI Park just days beating the Phoenix 3-0 away last month.

You can bet the premiers will be doing everything they can to exploit that fatigue on Friday, particularly as they themselves will be fresh after a well-earned week off.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-derby-final-fridays-semi-final-one-of-the-biggest-games-in-a-league-history/story-fnk6pqhd-1227333332082

Pressure is all on Victory, says City coach Van 't Schip

May 3, 2015 

Michael Lynch

Melbourne City coach John van 't Schip goes into Friday's blockbuster A-League clash with Melbourne Victory knowing that there is a grand final berth on the line – and with little expectations on his side.

City have already overachieved in eliminating Wellington, who finished almost four wins clear of them on the A-League ladder, so taking on Premiers Plate winners  Victory holds no fears.

City have already beaten Victory once this season, although their cross-town rivals won the two other derbies.

But, says van 't Schip, everything changes at Etihad Stadium on Friday evening.

"The pressure is on them. Not because I want to put it on them, but that's the truth," he said.

"They are the champions, they have had a great season. But this is a single game, it's a final. We have shown in the past that we can get into those games in a very good way."

Backing up in such a short space of time does not concern him or his players.

City are due to leave Wellington on Monday afternoon and not get back into Melbourne until Monday evening, just four days before the semi-final. Victory have had a long break, having clinched the Premiers Plate in their win over Central Coast on April 26.

"I think the short turnover doesn't have a disadvantage, we are in the rhythm of playing. The energy is good. We will be up for it on Friday," said van 't Schip.

He was full of praise for the work of captain Paddy Kisnorbo, a tower of strength at the back in the 2-0 win over Wellington, and for the performance of marquee man Robbie Koren, who had a significant impact playing in an advanced midfield role that he prefers.

"We changed a few things ... we got Robbie into a position with Erik [Paartalu] and Aaron [Mooy] behind him. I am very happy with his growth. For us and Robbie it's important now, these are the games that it's all about.

"Four or five times Paddy Kisnorbo made important blocks. He's been an example for the team all year, we all know his qualities, he likes to battle, he doesn't miss one session in training, he is a real example and a good captain for the group."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/pressure-is-all-on-victory-says-city-coach-van-t-schip-20150503-1mz294.html

So with the additional four tickets we can buy with our membership, can they be anyone or does it have to be football family members etc?

My understanding was that they could be for anyone. The part of the email regarding football families, my interpretation was that if you are a member of the club and member of the football family you could buy tickets in both releases.

• Like 1

So with the additional four tickets we can buy with our membership, can they be anyone or does it have to be football family members etc?

My understanding was that they could be for anyone. The part of the email regarding football families, my interpretation was that if you are a member of the club and member of the football family you could buy tickets in both releases.

Thanks heaps mate.

Still cannot believe we're going to verse these scum bags to qualify for a Grand Final. Only way i see us beating this mob is by keeping up a high-press for a majority of the game, suffocating them in the midfield, forcing a turnover and hunting them in packs. Victory love playing a free flowing brand of football, which is can be very damaging if we give them the time and space in midfield where they ping those through balls to their wingers who like to cut in and do those little 1-2's where they get into a shooting position 9 out of 10 times. Have to stop Gui Fuckler and not give that cunt and his ugly fucking haircut space in midfield to provide that sort of service or we may be in some deep shit. I would put Paartalu to mark that cunt out of the game, follow him where ever he goes and let Mooy and Koren do the damage for us in midfield. Must make the most of our chances on Friday and be fucking lethal (for once) in front of goal. I would expect us and would be happy to go into this game with the same starting 11. Friday night cannot come soon enough, biggest game of the year, and biggest game in our shit history. Now is the time to put our money where our mouth is and let these clueless fuckwit scumbags that we're fucking #1 in Melbourne. 

• Like 1

Velaphi

Jaliens Chapman Kisnorbo Germano

Paartalu Mooy

Koren

Williams Kennedy Novillo

Bench: Redmayne, Retre, Dugandzic, Murdocca, Marino/Mauk

You'd bring Jailens back after the way the team played today?

Shit i'd say anyone would be stiff to be dropped after today.

• Like 1

Velaphi

Paartalu Mooy

Koren

Williams Kennedy Novillo

Retre played like a fucking king today, there's no way I'd drop him. 

• Like 1

Velaphi

Paartalu Mooy

Koren

Williams Kennedy Novillo

yep straight back in to replace Retre. Even though i thought he was good today, defensively Jaliens is a lot better and smarter (especially with his positioning) and we'll need it if we want to block crucial attacks from the MV forwards 

Velaphi

Paartalu Mooy

Koren

Williams Kennedy Novillo

Retre played like a fucking king today, there's no way I'd drop him. 

Yep, stiff shit, Kew. No changes to the starting lineup, unless enforced, for me.

• Like 1

This is massive for us. 90 Mins from a grand final albeit in Sydney.

Huge Aliens misses out - team stays the same in the same 4 - 3 - 3 formation.

City gets the whole bottom level of the south and above level....approx 12-14 bays. FILL EM....

Let's do this. Nothing to lose.