Melbourne Football

Fahid Ben Khalfallah

Parrot

On Fox Sports last night basically Fahid Ben Khalfallah when interviewed said if he can't come to a contract agreement with Victory, he still wants to stay in Australia.

Andy Harper suggested that what Fahid Ben Khalfallah said when interviewed has put all other A League clubs on notice.  

Fahid Ben Khalfallah also said he loves living in Melbourne, with Andy Harper suggesting whether this was a tempter for Melbourne City.  

Victory poached Berisha from Brisbane Roar in a similar situation and made him their overseas marquee.

I wonder how many folks would be interested in us poaching Fahid Ben Khalfallah from Victory and making him our overseas marquee?

Or do you prefer Koren?

Edited by Parrot

Fuck that cunt, talented yea but I could never cheer for him.

Involved in all three goals last night. Perhaps eventually ppl will realise that we might have to have one or two players who are not really "nice" in order to win football matches.

• Like 2

Fuck that cunt, talented yea but I could never cheer for him.

Involved in all three goals last night. Perhaps eventually ppl will realise that we might have to have one or two players who are not really "nice" in order to win football matches.

Melling is a fucking psycho, chapman has a bit of nutcase to him and Safuwan seems like he may have a nasty streak. Do we need a 32 year old from our biggest rival to add a bit of nastiness to our team? Probably not. I agree we've got too many "nice" players I just don't think he's the answer.

• Like 2

Its a sad indictment on the league and how shit the local players are has that a 32 year old fringe player from Europe can come in and look like a super star.

And we wonder why attendances are crap and ratings are crap.

This bloke is quite a player, remembering Bordeaux paid 5 million for him in 2010. To judge his performances as a reflection of the standard being low is a bit rough. Plenty of guys have come from the EPL and similar leagues and struggled (Emerton and Koren among others)

It's kind of like saying the EPL is pretty ordinary because Charlie Austin is up near the top of the goal charts and was playing part time a few years ago while also doing bricklaying.

Ben Khalfallah would still get a game in a lot of top leagues around the world, just goes to show what quality scouting and work behind the scenes can achieve. Something this club is hopefully improving on.

Ok so he can 1. cushion a pass 2. run with the ball without losing control and it bobbling 5 meters in front of him 3. hit an accurate pass.

Its just highlights how lacking in the basic skills of the game other players are in this league.

The A-League. The reason Euro Snobs are Euro Snobs.

• Like 1

Ok so he can 1. cushion a pass 2. run with the ball without losing control and it bobbling 5 meters in front of him 3. hit an accurate pass.

Its just highlights how lacking in the basic skills of the game other players are in this league.

The A-League. The reason Euro Snobs are Euro Snobs.

You're calling me a Eurosnob?  I've actively defended the league to anyone who will listen, but this season its been indefensible. 

Postcoglou and Arnold showed the way forward two season a go.  Gombau and even Merrick have continued on a similar path.

But the rest are playing ugly, disjointed, error ridden football based on physicality.  Foul, missed foul, dive, turnover, moronic decision making, terribly executed passes, hopeless finishing, appalling ball control.  

I watched the Orlando v NYC highlights- people who rank the A-league alongside the MLS are delusional.  Their players are far more technically accomplished.  (Villa looked as if he gave a shit and got an assist).

The A-league standard as whole has been a joke this season.

If you don't like a thread then don't post and it will disappear down the list.

The constant "does this really need it's own thread" us far worse than any thread I've seen on here.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

If you don't like a thread then don't post and it will disappear down the list.

The constant "does this really need it's own thread" us far worse than any thread I've seen on here.

Maybe you should post a thread about pointless threads to stop pointless threads

would rather see us spend all our money trying to get duff to go again.

still shattered we never really got to see the duff-kennedy combination.

Seriously? I just don't think we ever profited heavily from any of his good work

i 100% Agree, but he would make great runs and perfect passes to noone.

He lead the league in assists before he got injured in a team with no striker.

finally he has a target man and gets injured,

also if he wasnt playing atleast he was keeping ramsay or williams off