Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

We beat u in final in 2011, but that didn't count???

Also love the Pies and Tigers favs chiming in...

After both Teams exited poorly in Week One.

The cats just made (Almost won) their 5th prelim in six years in the era of Bottoming Out. We also don't have an extra salary cap like Sydney.

I could have almost masturbated to the looks on Tomafuckwit and Selwoods face post match last night.

Cya blokes.

PS Motlop is a freak...

We beat u in final in 2011, but that didn't count???

Qualifying final. We went on to beat Sydney and lost to the Pies by 3 points in the prelim. Collingwood beat us when it mattered, not Geelong.

10 home and away and a qualifying final vs a flag and prelim. (We won't mention the 80's)

In fact you havent beaten us in a knock out situation for 50 years.

Jeff Kennett was spot on and has been all along. What a genius.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

At the end of the 08 GF, we were declared dead and buried by Dawks fans and the media alike.

It was the start of a Dawks Three Peat.

Five years on, we won two more flags and despite always making prelims bar last year some how now have easily one of the best crop of youngsters and missed the GF by a kick.

I'm disappointed about Friday - But my club has and is already achieving what was considered by all the unachievable.

• Like 3

Also Cadete I remember beating them late 2009 with scarlett and taylor off injured and 24 points down in the last quarter. Losing that game ended up assuring they didn't even make the finals.

But hey, that didn't mean anything.

It was the Cats that "assured" we didnt make the 8???

So losing to Port, St Kilda, Adelaide and Essendon had nothing to do with it?

Those games all proceed the cats game and we still had a chance against the bombers in round 22.

• Like 1

At the end of the 08 GF, we were declared dead and buried by Dawks fans and the media alike.

It was the start of a Dawks Three Peat.

Five years on, we won two more flags and despite always making prelims bar last year some how now have easily one of the best crop of youngsters and missed the GF by a kick.

I'm disappointed about Friday - But my club has and is already achieving what was considered by all the unachievable.

I can't speak for others but I personally didn't ride the cats off and I don't know any hawks fans that did. Edited by HeartFc

Got my GF tickets today. Ground Level on the 50m line a few rows back from the fence. Cant wait.

Nice seats mate. I'm in Q49, on the wing but level 4 seats. Personally, ground level seats are awesome for finals. The atmosphere is unreal. During H&A I'm on the wing, level 2 opposite MCC, yet have never managed to get anything close for finals. Makes you wonder how transparent the ticketing system is. Regardless, I've got tickets and looking forward to a cracking game.

Edited by MKD

Footy was made to be viewed the way it was when it was created...

Standing.

I've rarely been in standing room for AFL matches but usually stand for local matches, regardless of the sporting code. You're right though, standing is the best way to enjoy and immerse yourself as a spectator. At the very least sitting on a hill at some suburban games is pretty good as well. The leg room for seating at sport venues is becoming worse and worse. They've installed these cup holders on every seat in our reserved area and it's shit. My knees aren't the best either, and having that stuff poking them all game isn't very comfortable at all.

• Like 1

Tom Lynch only gets 2 votes after kicking 10 in a game... wonder how many times that's ever happened.

Plenty back in the 80/90s considering Dunstall, Ablett and plunger were booting 10 every second week.

Exactly, there were a lot of times Ablett kicked over 8 and never got a vote...

Standing at the footy sucks ffs

Yeah, it must be crap when you have to mix with the proletariat...

You probably even have to explain to those yobs what your ANTIFA Tee Shirt means.

Collars only in the MCC ;)

I was talking to Marty...

I assumed anyone like yourself who supports a Franchise that was created to make its Indian Pacific Stakeholders money in 1986 would wear a collar to the AFL. :up:

Edited by cadete