Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Yep I'm elated that my teams been kicked out of the Finals for "bringing the game into disrepute" for our biggest rival who we've had 2 classic wins over by less than a goal this year (which now counts for zilch).

Spot on.

Just saying with what had been leaked from the AFL that they wanted to take your premiership points for this and next season, 3.5 mill fines, Hird on a black list, 1st and 2nd round draft exclusions for 2 seasons etc. You beat them down on the punishments considerably.

Understand that emotions are probably running a bit high, but when it's looked back I think it will be seen as quite a good deal that was negotiated in hindsight with what you were up against.

If it had have been any other club like the North or Doggies, there's no way we would have been allowed to have 2 days to negotiate our punishment. It would have been dished out to us on the spot with the full discipline of the AFL Commision.

Edited by FB.

Softer decision from the AFL then blancmange.

Joking or serious? Please explain how losing draft picks, being kicked out of finals, ans a massive fine are soft?

If I was an Essendon fan I'd be elated at the outcome.

No points removed for this season or next season. No wooden spoons. Fine reduced by 1 and half mill. Get a compensation 1st round draft pick for the 2014 draft. No life bans for Hird et all. VFL side free to compete this weekend. And no charges of taking banned substances, only governance related.

From what the AFL had been lining you up for, I reckon you got off very lightly when you consider your club basically subverted the integrity of 2 full seasons of AFL football for the rest of the competition.

To put it in perspective, Carlton got hit with worse draft penalties for what they did then what you got.

Hopefully there'll be some solace when the AFL fixture your lot with Sunday twilights for next season, but somehow I can't see that happening.

I think the thing that saved us was the fact we self-reported ourselves to the afl. In the Carlton issue I believe that they were caught rather than owning up to what they did.

We still haven't been proven to be drug cheats, we've been punished for 'administrate issues'. Don't know how that warrants us getting all these punishments

Joking or serious? Please explain how losing draft picks, being kicked out of finals, ans a massive fine are soft?

No points removed for this season or next season. No wooden spoons. Fine reduced by 1 and half mill. Get a compensation 1st round draft pick for the 2014 draft. No life bans for Hird et all. VFL side free to compete this weekend. And no charges of taking banned substances, only governance related.

From what the AFL had been lining you up for, I reckon you got off very lightly when you consider your club basically subverted the integrity of 2 full seasons of AFL football for the rest of the competition.

To put it in perspective, Carlton got hit with worse draft penalties for what they did then what you got.

Hopefully there'll be some solace when the AFL fixture your lot with Sunday twilights for next season, but somehow I can't see that happening.

I think the thing that saved us was the fact we self-reported ourselves to the afl. In the Carlton issue I believe that they were caught rather than owning up to what they did.

We still haven't been proven to be drug cheats, we've been punished for 'administrate issues'. Don't know how that warrants us getting all these punishments

Andrew Demetriou said clearly during the questioning that AOD9604 is and always has been a banned substance under WADA rules and was never green lighted by ASADA.

With Dimwit saying that and your own players admitting to taking the subtsance above I am baffled at how the AFL Commision didn't punish you as drug cheats tonight or how it can't be proven that you're not drug cheats. It's astonishing.

Edited by FB.

Andrew Demetriou said clearly during the questioning that AOD9604 is and always has been a banned substance under WADA rules and was never green lighted by ASADA.

With Dimwit saying that and your own players admitting to taking the subtsance above I am baffled at how the AFL Commision didn't punish you as drug cheats tonight or how it can't be proven that you're not drug cheats. It's astonishing.

And i this is my problem with the punishments. For them to give us a punishment based on the fact they were still not able to prove us we were drug cheats just seems ludicrous. We've been given drug cheating punishments for not being drug cheats. Was simply a rushed decision for the 'good of the game'. Bullshit

Too early to call if the bombers got off easy yet, two years of draft picks is pretty harsh, but what's most problematic is that the ASADA/WADA investigation still has to come down as well, which in turn will bring its own set of problems, likely in a year or two, meaning the whole business can't be moved on from just yet.

If you search for AOD9604 on https://checksubstances.asada.gov.au it returns a result called ADT Booster, according to the ASADA it is not a banned substance for use by Males in Australian Rules Football.

6593ci.jpg

Its hard to find any info on the WADA site as apparently the drug hasnt even been approved for use on humans as its still in pre-clinical trials. So its not banned, its just not approved, so its completely irresponsible for it to have been administered to athletes in this case.

From WADA:

“S0. NON-APPROVED SUBSTANCES

Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times.”

2 weeks.

Absolute moron for doing it. It's a dead rubber and I doubt Clako even cares about the points.

Buddy's last game as a Hawk perhaps?

Are you suggesting we drop him for the granny? ;) Won't need to if he gets 3 ;)

I doubt he'll cop 3 but you never know this year. He would if he wore Hoops, but he will get one week and it will be called a win for the game.

2 horse race for the flag

Swannies are a very overrated team, have fallen short against every other legitimate contender this year.

I wouldn't say overrated. They've been very stiff with injuries (goodes, jetta missing most of year, rhyce shaw going down). The problem is they've just run out of time to try and get there players back into the team. I still think there good, even as good with Hawthorn, only with a full team though.

2 weeks.

Absolute moron for doing it. It's a dead rubber and I doubt Clako even cares about the points.

Buddy's last game as a Hawk perhaps?

Are you suggesting we drop him for the granny? ;) Won't need to if he gets 3 ;)

I doubt he'll cop 3 but you never know this year. He would if he wore Hoops, but he will get one week and it will be called a win for the game.

It would be good for the game... He wasn't going for Malceski head but much like the Ben Cousins bump he has to go for at least 1.

Worst ones I've seen have been the Kelly and Ziebell ones. I don't want to see crap like that again.

BT can't stop saying 'come at me' hahaha

I'd trade any Collingwood player besides Beams, Reid, Clokey and Pendles for Dusty Martin.

Bloke is a king.

You wouldnt trade Ried for Martin???

Turn it up.

Knew someone would bring this up.

Well Reidy plays a pivotal role in our set up, we basically need him to be competitive across the whole field and we are really lacklustre when he isn't in the team, regardless of where he would be playing. He's not irreplaceable but he's an incredible important asset to the team. Dusty's probably a better player, but wouldn't trade Reid for him.

BT can't stop saying 'come at me' hahahaI'd trade any Collingwood player besides Beams, Reid, Clokey and Pendles for Dusty Martin. Bloke is a king.

If i was you I would trade Beams for Martin. I would trade Reid for Martin. I would trade Cloke for Martin. I would trade Pendlebury for Martin.

Yes Dustin Martin is more valuable then anyone you've got on your list

BT can't stop saying 'come at me' hahahaI'd trade any Collingwood player besides Beams, Reid, Clokey and Pendles for Dusty Martin. Bloke is a king.

If i was you I would trade Beams for Martin. I would trade Reid for Martin. I would trade Cloke for Martin. I would trade Pendlebury for Martin.

Yes Dustin Martin is more valuable then anyone you've got on your list Hahahah seek help pal, that is possibly the worst post I've ever seen on the forums (and I've been responsible for most of them)

Also, learning to love Jake king. His takedown on jolly last year I think it was, one of the best things I've seen at a footy match.

Edited by marteaux