Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

19 minutes ago, bt50 said:

With what salary cap?

We dont really have the cashola for a big fish unless someone leaves. Prob not really what we need anyway.

Injury replacement. Kuzi + Gameiro for half a season could land a decent player with the option of extension next season. Novillo kind of deal.

We desperately need a gun #10. 

Only problem we don't have any visa spots left. So potentially Sorensen gets a tap on the shoulder to retire.

Edited by Jovan
I don't think anything will change and we will meander around 3rd or 4th for rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Injury replacement. Kuzi + Gameiro for half a season could land a decent player with the option of extension next season. Novillo kind of deal.

We desperately need a gun #10.

Unless I'm wrong, which i dont think i am, you can only use one of those salaries ie if Gameiro earns 120k and Kuzi 80k we can only sign a player up to their wage, so 80k or 120k, not 200k.

Even still, the only sort of player we are going to get on either of those wages that will be first team quality will need to be a diamond in the rough from overseas, so we'd likely need a visa spot to make it worthwhile, of which we dont have at this stage. An australian playing NPL aint going to be the gun number 10 you seek.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Only problem we don't have any visa spots left. So potentially Sorensen gets a tap on the shoulder to retire.

I made mention of this previously

Sorensen will be leaving in January , I heard this from someone who has close dealings with the club

I haven't heard who is on the radar to fill the visa spot

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

I made mention of this previously

Sorensen will be leaving in January , I heard this from someone who has close dealings with the club

I haven't heard who is on the radar to fill the visa spot

If we're losing Chapman, and given our lack of real cover in defence, particularly central defence, I'd be wanting another decent central defender.  Whether we need to use the visa spot for that, or whether we can use that for a no 10, I don't know.  But if we can work this stuff out, you'd really hope the people paid to work this out can see it too...

7 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

If we're losing Chapman, and given our lack of real cover in defence, particularly central defence, I'd be wanting another decent central defender.  Whether we need to use the visa spot for that, or whether we can use that for a no 10, I don't know.  But if we can work this stuff out, you'd really hope the people paid to work this out can see it too...

spot on

though i wonder about the recruiting some time

a couple of years ago when we had Ramsay at LB ( or Garuccio ) we were crying out for a half decent DEFENDER, ( not converted winger)

it took a while, but we have picked up Colazzo, who is being played as a central midfielder, go figure

I've made this point before, surely our owners, with their global scout network, can find someone playing in the Bulgarian second division, who would kill for 100k a year, who could fill that defensive hole.

12 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Havent heard anything with regards to Chapman leaving but good luck to him if that happens. IMO we dont really need centraldefensive cover, Malik and Jakobsen are our clear first choices with Tongyik a more than capable backup. Muscat, Rose and Chapman have all been known to play there as well and Kilkenny has also done the job.

The instance of all three of Tongyik, Jakobsen and Malik being out at once is incredibly unlikely.

14 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

a number 10 please .... although he would play a little deeper, perhaps Pirlo as a guest player

Having watched a fair bit of NYC this year, no thanks. Would much much prefer Lampard or Villa. Pirlo way too lazy to play in the A League.

Strong source tells me the following:

Retre offered by Sydney and Mariners. Think he will be a lost player when he gets consistent games under his belt and people realise the quality he has.

Rumours Chapman has 5+ other clubs asking about his situation after the decision to leave him out over Tongyik just before January. Looks like a statement of intent. Think Chapman has another 2+ years signed so if the club don't want him  the club will have to convince him to mutually terminate the contract, in which case I assume he will ask for a big payout.

Sorenson offered by Mariners for next season but looks like it could be retirement.

Fornaroli with potential lucrative Asia offer, City group won't allow him to leave without a transfer fee of $5million+. 

Mariners and Adelaide asking about Fitzgerald. 

Wanderers, Perth and Wellington asking about Kuzmanovski. 

Rose off at season end. 

Galekovic to City next season on big contract. 

Talks with Isias and Cirio. Both want big $. 

More to come in Jan. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, melby said:

Strong source tells me the following:

Retre offered by Sydney and Mariners. Think he will be a lost player when he gets consistent games under his belt and people realise the quality he has.

Rumours Chapman has 5+ other clubs asking about his situation after the decision to leave him out over Tongyik just before January. Looks like a statement of intent. Think Chapman has another 2+ years signed so if the club don't want him  the club will have to convince him to mutually terminate the contract, in which case I assume he will ask for a big payout.

Sorenson offered by Mariners for next season but looks like it could be retirement.

Fornaroli with potential lucrative Asia offer, City group won't allow him to leave without a transfer fee of $5million+. 

Mariners and Adelaide asking about Fitzgerald. 

Wanderers, Perth and Wellington asking about Kuzmanovski. 

Rose off at season end. 

Galekovic to City next season on big contract. 

Talks with Isias and Cirio. Both want big $. 

More to come in Jan. 

@melby have you been talking to @Info@VW or have you had a haircut lately by a balkan stylist if either are no then sorry but the above is just BS.

• Like 5

I'd say that there's some basis for speculation about Chapman's future. There's nothing surprising about your comment on Josh Rose - he's contracted only to the end of this season. The rumour about Galekovic, Isaias and Cirio comes from the Adelaide Advertiser. Otherwise I doubt there's any basis for your rumours.

2 minutes ago, japiedog said:

as always

No idea

Suggest people look him up on transfermarkt.co.uk. Hasn't played a lot of football recently. Can't see anything special about him although he might be interested in coming here for personal reasons and may not ask much to do so.

The rumour about him tends to suggest that rumours about Sorensen and Chapman leaving have some basis.

6 hours ago, Chris p said:

Fuck i'd be fuming if we went after Galekovic. Past it. 

I second that.

Pure cunt and not the good kind like Bruno or Brandan

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Suggest people look him up on transfermarkt.co.uk. Hasn't played a lot of football recently. Can't see anything special about him although he might be interested in coming here for personal reasons and may not ask much to do so.

The rumour about him tends to suggest that rumours about Sorensen and Chapman leaving have some basis.

Remember we'd be wasting a Via spot on this bloke.

PASS!

20 hours ago, bt50 said:

Havent heard anything with regards to Chapman leaving but good luck to him if that happens. IMO we dont really need centraldefensive cover, Malik and Jakobsen are our clear first choices with Tongyik a more than capable backup. Muscat, Rose and Chapman have all been known to play there as well and Kilkenny has also done the job.

The instance of all three of Tongyik, Jakobsen and Malik being out at once is incredibly unlikely.

This did occur in our most recent game, so not that unlikely.

Why do we need a no. 10? I reckon Brandan would fit in there easy (especially going off his higlight vids before he arrived). This team/formation seems balanced to me and fits in with the structure they seem to be pushing.

Bouzanis
    Tongyik Jakobsen Muscat
Franjic       Kilkenny         Colazo
        Brattan      Brandan
              Bruno Timmy

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic