Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

All the talk pre- Kennedy was about Bresciano coming back to play for us. Wonder if that's still on the cards? And if so, would/should we be interested? I think under the cap and on 150K ish I'd take him- especially if we lose Mooy

Not another over the hill spud please !!!

Would take MacLaren before Gameiro, especially after an ACL.

Just saw in the JK thread a rumour he'll retire. Which I was also wondering this afternoon, if that were the case who would people want as a realistic Aus marquee? Aside from making Mooy, or pinching Burns. Options are quite slim.

Would Tommy Oar come back to this league? Spiranovic? Real lack of 25-30 year old players that'd make a marquee impact.

Just saw in the JK thread a rumour he'll retire. Which I was also wondering this afternoon, if that were the case who would people want as a realistic Aus marquee? Aside from making Mooy, or pinching Burns. Options are quite slim.

Would Tommy Oar come back to this league? Spiranovic? Real lack of 25-30 year old players that'd make a marquee impact.

Can't wait for it to be Bresciano. Will be fantastic to see the #yoof brigade out in full force. Until he puts them back in their place in round 1.

• Like 2

Fuck yeah Maclaren

Fuck yeah Franjic

Velaphi 

Franjic       Chapman     Norbo         Your mum?

Fartaloo

Professor Sex     Not Koren

Sir Novillo          Maccaz          Your sister?

Fuck yeah Maclaren

Fuck yeah Franjic

Velaphi

Franjic Chapman Norbo Your mum?

Fartaloo

Professor Sex Not Koren

Sir Novillo Maccaz Your sister?

Heard that your sister is quality and provides great service to the central prong from that left wing!

But your mums a bit shaky when playing in the back end.

Edited by billyheart
  • Like 2

....................Velaphi.................

Franjic....Visa.....Kisnorbo...Visa

...................Paartalu................

..........Mooy............Koren........

.......Visa...McLaren...Novillo

This team you put together although better than what we have would not win the league next season

Edited by Attack11

....................Velaphi.................

Franjic....Visa.....Kisnorbo...Visa

...................Paartalu................

..........Mooy............Koren........

.......Visa...McLaren...Novillo

This team you put together although better than what we have would not win the league next season

Because we have snookered ourselves with our International and Australian marquee positions.

With the formation we play, we need quality wingers Navillo is a ? and our front 3 need to be ruthless in front of goal. Also our central striker would need to score a min 15 goals a season.

To get the front 3 working and wingers boom down the flanks we need a top class No.10 Koren does not fit that bill.

Our Defensive Mid (Paateluu) needs to have more of an influence in controlling the tempo of the game ..

Defensively we need a General, a player who can handle the likes of Barisha, Brosque, Shmelz, Burns, Keon Kisnobo is a massive ?

The recruitment of players is the key to all of this, the club can not afford to experiment.. we need proven performers who only want to win Trophies and nothing more..

Which is exactly what I said and the positions we need to make effective signings for. We need an effective winger on the right, we need a central defender to deal with those players you mentioned and Paartalu I have to assume will be better after a break considering he's been playing, I'm quite certain, for 16 months straight?

• Like 1

With the formation we play, we need quality wingers Navillo is a ? and our front 3 need to be ruthless in front of goal. Also our central striker would need to score a min 15 goals a season.

To get the front 3 working and wingers boom down the flanks we need a top class No.10 Koren does not fit that bill.

Our Defensive Mid (Paateluu) needs to have more of an influence in controlling the tempo of the game ..

Defensively we need a General, a player who can handle the likes of Barisha, Brosque, Shmelz, Burns, Keon Kisnobo is a massive ?

The recruitment of players is the key to all of this, the club can not afford to experiment.. we need proven performers who only want to win Trophies and nothing more..

The task is quite considerable because of the salary cap, player cap and the visa player caps. Proven Australian performers do not come cheap, so if we were to poach for example Nathan Burns he will come with a substantial price tag. So the trick here is to get a local player who has had a few games and performed well enough to be promoted to the starting XI - MaClaren fits that bill but we don't know how consistent he is because he doesn't have enough games; in other words there will be a trade off. With visa players it is even more of an experiment because big performers come with marquee salary and unless Koren departs we are stuck. So then comes the next tier down of players and not all of them are guaranteed to perform well in the A-League, so I am afraid that visa players are a big risk in any case.

Can't wait for it to be Bresciano. Will be fantastic to see the #yoof brigade out in full force. Until he puts them back in their place in round 1.

The bloke that looked like he couldn't break into a jog at the Asian cup ?

Management of the salary cap needs to examined, I haveno doubt that the CFG can rreview the CBA and look at how best to manipulate the salary cap.. not cheat but be smarter about how they allocate money..

That could mean a reduced salary in yr1 and then increase in yr2. The increase would largely depend on players coming out of contract and and re-negotiations.

Reckon we'd be able to pick up Juric? If he was going overseas, they wouldn't have released him so interested to know why they did. EDIT: Unless his contract ended and they're just not re-signing him??

And good luck to Kalmar for finding a club again.

Edited by hakz7

I'm all for looking at kerem bulut, he is a nutcase but he scores goals and works hard up front

Gross exaggeration. But most natural strikers that have that predatory instinct are not normal. General rule they are selfish self absorbed babies but without them forget about titles.

• jw1739 pinned this topic