Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Rickie lambert ?

Would have to be on Marquee wages, if not atleast Duff's wage

Do you think duff was given promises post career ? as a sweetener

Unless it was coaching training I don't think so.

If by "promises" you mean some sort of post-contract payment, the answer is a categoric "no." Would be regarded by FFA as an undeclared player payment during 2014/15 and therefore a salary cap regulations infringement or breach.

One thing I am confident of is that John Didulica runs a squeaky clean ship in that regard.

Rickie lambert ?

Would have to be on Marquee wages, if not atleast Duff's wage

Do you think duff was given promises post career ? as a sweetener Unless it was coaching training I don't think so. If by "promises" you mean some sort of post-contract payment, the answer is a categoric "no." Would be regarded by FFA as an undeclared player payment during 2014/15 and therefore a salary cap regulations infringement or breach.

One thing I am confident of is that John Didulica runs a squeaky clean ship in that regard.

I have no reason to dispute this but how you so sure jw?

Been told that Melbourne City are interested in signing an Australian international defender for next season, with Jets & Adelaide also keen

[A] Centre back

https://twitter.com/Cussen91/status/585988799131332608

From a pretty good source, the editor at the Football Central website. The website has a pretty good track record with their reporting from what I've seen..

Edited by Murfy1

Been told that Melbourne City are interested in signing an Australian international defender for next season, with Jets & Adelaide also keen

[A] Centre back

From a pretty good source, the editor at the Football Central website. The website has a pretty good track record with their reporting from what I've seen..

no idea who, sainsbury too good for the league, wilkinson 30, cornflakes (cornthwaite) 29,

• Like 1

[A] Centre back

no idea who, sainsbury too good for the league, wilkinson 30, cornflakes (cornthwaite) 29,

I'm pretty certain it would have to be Alex Wilkinson (30), Robert Cornthwaite (29) or Bailey Wright (22), who are all the Australian international defenders out of contract at the end of the season. Wilkinson and Bailey Wright would do pretty well in the A-League IMO.

Pretty interesting situation with Melbourne City's central defenders, with Kisnorbo, Safuwan and Jaliens coming out of contract. All of them have much improved City's defence, but I think it's most likely that only 2 of them would be kept, or maybe even just 1 of them.

Will be interesting to see the decisions the club makes.

Melbourne City reportedly interested in Mitch Nichols, who was released today to return to his Japanese club (who he's contracted to until December this year):

Though Nichols has six months left on his Cerezo contract with the option for another year, it appears unlikely he will remain at the club he joined from Melbourne Victory during last year's January transfer window.

He will now head home to the Gold Coast for a short time before returning to Japan.

"Potentially he could move to another club within Japan or back to the A-League where there has been interest from Adelaide United, Melbourne City and Western Sydney Wanderers," Farah said.

"He has a contract that he has honour in Japan. He must go back there and try and break into the team.

"If the club decides not to honour the contract, and he is then paid out, we would design a plan that suits him moving forward, and that would involve considering all out Australian options and where would suit him best.

"But you can be sure that the next stop off for Mitch is an important one. He won't just come back to Australia for the sake of it. It's important who the coach is and the philosophy behind that coach and the club."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/04/09/nichols-camp-disputes-ill-discipline-claims

[A] Centre back

I'm pretty certain it would have to be Alex Wilkinson (30), Robert Cornthwaite (29) or Bailey Wright (22), who are all the Australian international defenders out of contract at the end of the season. Wilkinson and Bailey Wright would do pretty well in the A-League IMO.

Pretty interesting situation with Melbourne City's central defenders, with Kisnorbo, Safuwan and Jaliens coming out of contract. All of them have much improved City's defence, but I think it's most likely that only 2 of them would be kept, or maybe even just 1 of them.

Will be interesting to see the decisions the club makes.

its clearly lucas neil

Nichols doesn't seem to have a great attitude, but it can't be doubted that he's talented (at least, by A-League standards). I've seen this club sign so many players with reputedly good attitudes over the years but limited talent (e.g. Hoffman, Macallister, Redmayne), so I wouldn't mind the club reversing that trend a little bit.

And just on his talent, Nichols scored 24 goals over 125 for Brisbane Roar, effectively 1 goal every 5 games consistently over 5 seasons, so it would be hard to turn down a player with that ability.

If Melbourne City released a midfielder, such as Murdocca, and signed Nichols for similar wages I could see a pretty good argument for that, as Nichols objectively would be an upgrade (also Nichols is a good age at 25). So I reckon the merit or not of signing Nichols depends on what happens with our other midfielders.  

• Like 2

If Melbourne City released a midfielder, such as Murdocca, and signed Nichols for similar wages I could see a pretty good argument for that, as Nichols objectively would be an upgrade (also Nichols is a good age at 25). So I reckon the merit or not of signing Nichols depends on what happens with our other midfielders.  

Probably the only case where i would take Nichols.

• Like 1

after the news with Perth today, Adam peacock on kick off has said the PFA has advised the players that they are able to walk out of the club which means we could quite easily sign someone from Perth regardless of their contract status. Hope we act quickly for Maclaren

Would take Keogh.

after the news with Perth today, Adam peacock on kick off has said the PFA has advised the players that they are able to walk out of the club which means we could quite easily sign someone from Perth regardless of their contract status. Hope we act quickly for Maclaren

Would take Keogh.

would probably have to pay his wife as well

• Like 1

Would hope City look for someone similar to Novillo's career. 26 or younger, has some credentials (Lyon youth player), someone who plays in the second division of major leagues atleast.

Hopefully we could attract these sort of players with the benefits of being own by CFG, ie. World Class Facilities and training camps in Dubai with Manchester City, and of course have coffee with Hoffy

• Like 2

Would take Keogh. would probably have to pay his wife as well I can sort that out.

Would hope City look for someone similar to Novillo's career. 26 or younger, has some credentials (Lyon youth player), someone who plays in the second division of major leagues atleast.

Hopefully we could attract these sort of players with the benefits of being own by CFG, ie. World Class Facilities and training camps in Dubai with Manchester City, and of course have coffee with Hoffy

That's my hope as well.

Newcastle United scout Graham Carr has stated that the Spanish and French second divisions have hidden gems available. Ayoze Perez was bought for very cheap last season and has been a sensation for Newcastle. We are talking Premiership standard players here.

This is where our club should be looking. With the scouting network available to us (much bigger than most Premier League clubs) there should be No excuses to find good quality visa players.

• Like 4

Sebastian Hasset in Fairfax is reporting that Professional Football Australia has informed Perth Glory players that if the penalties stand after appeals are heard, then they are free to leave the club by giving 7 days notice. This would mean that Vukovic could become available and I definitely would take him as a #1 GK.

Certainly- If this was the case we should pursue Risdon, Maclaren and Vukovic. Good Australian talent is so valuable in this league and they are quality players who wouldn't be asking a packet salary-wise and would definitely improve our squad. Would be after Keogh as well, but might be a waste of a visa spot or Kennedy as an OZ marquee considering they are both purely #9's.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Matt Simon?

I think we could really use a player like him.

I guess the issue is we probably wouldn't want him as first choice, but he'd be on too high a salary for a backup.

The injury problems are also a concern.

Edited by Tesla

Thoughts on Matt Simon?

I guess the issue is we probably wouldn't want him as first choice, but he'd be on too high a salary for a backup.

Limited ability and that's why even CCM have dropped him. If we can't deliver the ball to a player like Kennedy then Simon would have no influence. If we recruit players who can deliver a ball to Kennedy then we are better off using him and recruiting a second striker with complimentary qualities and giving some time off the bench to Marino

Thoughts on Matt Simon?

Limited ability and that's why even CCM have dropped him. If we can't deliver the ball to a player like Kennedy then Simon would have no influence. If we recruit players who can deliver a ball to Kennedy then we are better off using him and recruiting a second striker with complimentary qualities and giving some time off the bench to Marino

I agree, with Kennedy on the books it makes no sense having a guy like Simon. For some reason I keep thinking Kennedy isn't going to be around next season even though it's highly likely he will be.

Thoughts on Matt Simon?

he's off to newcastle

Didnt realise that, just heard the commentators mention during the game yesterday that it was his last season at CCM and when I looked it up online I didnt see anything about a new club.

Thoughts on Matt Simon?

he's off to newcastle

sauce?

i have doubts as to his ability to be a really top class player (particularly since his A League scoring rate is a fraction better than Williams), but would actually fill a role for us centrally.  i would think he would come reasonably cheap too so i think Simon is worth a look.

one thing i do like is he tends to have a very good work rate.

I would hope we can do a lot better than Simon. No need to sign recycled journeymen at this stage - sort ourselves out five decent visa players before doing that.

We going to crawl into the play-offs either by a point or two or on the back of Perth's expulsion. I don't want another season of mediocrity.

Edited by jw1739

Matt Simon????? Honestly..

It's because people think like this that we cant even finish in the top half of the league (I still dont think we will this season even with Perth put below us).

I actually have changed my opinion from my post above, Simon can offer us something different from Kennedy, in that he will work hard and chase the ball all day, which is different to Kennedy and might be what we need sometimes.

In fact, with the way JVS seems intent on playing, Simon would probably be more useful.

Thoughts on Matt Simon?

Matt Simon. seriously bra 

• jw1739 pinned this topic