Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Because he represents the club, he is the face of you and I, he is the man that leads the players, the coaches, he represents the admin workers, the ball kids etc etc. I still don't understand why it isn't such an issue for people that even though we weren't even playing against Victory he had to troll one of their supporters. He might has well have logged onto their forum and started posting the same bullshit. He holds a HUGE responsibility and to show that much lack of professionalism is disgraceful and embarrassing. Our CEO tolling a victory member on social media.

This.

It was a real lack of class. Voluntarily dragging himself down to g c's level for an online pissing contest was a sorry moment for our club.

I never really thought anything poorly of Munn as I didn't know too much about him. But it was his comments giving shit to Calombaris on social media way back when that signified he was a muppet and wasn't the right person for this club. Who does shit like that when your the CEO of a sporting club in one of the biggest leagues in the country.

I still dont know why this is such an issue with some people The issue with this- at least for me anyway is that it says a lot about the way he thinks. I would much rather him act more professionally and worry about fixing up the ridiculous mess that the club (Munn included) had made. But instead of addressing this he decides to involve himself in a petty twitter argument with a victory fan. Which considering were we were at the time made him look even stupider.

Very much echos the cancerous attitude within a lot of fans who deem to care more about Victory being shit than us actually being good.

If a 19 year old player did the same thing, he would be hauled in to the coach's (or...ahem...the CEO's) office and told to stop acting like a knob, pull his head in and probably take a month off social media. But when a professional sporting club's CEO does the same thing, it pretty much says right there and then that the bloke is out of his depth in the position.

Just thought I'd post my question I just asked Davutovic on Studs Up and his response:

Hi David, firstly do you know what JVS kpi's would be this season regarding where City finish on the ladder this season? And secondly what's your opinion on Scott Munn and his role at the club? Because it doesn't seem those behind the scenes get enough "credit" for our current woeful situation? Much appreciated.

Not sure about this season's KPI's Niko, but I presume making the top 6 was a non-negotiable. As for Scott Munn, I agree that he is a big part of the problem - there's a lot of mud that's thrown at City and from the feedback I've received from well-regarded people in the industry, it appears Munn's arrogance and lack of professionalism over the last few years is coming back to bite him and the club on the backside.

• Like 1

Patrick Viera in.

I genuinely believe this could happen

Never in a billion years.

Viera is too important to the youth development of City.  He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.

The even call the youth development team "Viera's team".

Zero to No Chance.

• Like 1

Davutovic: "John van't Schip heads recruitment. Obviously the assistants and footy ops man John Didulica have a say, but JVS is the man. Liam Miller is - shock horror - injured."

I hadn't totally made a decision on JVS as this question was always hanging over my decision as to who was responsible for our current playing squad. I thought perhaps the small chance JVS wasn't given free reign on players coming in would affect his results which wouldn't be fair to place the blame solely at his feet. But if this is true what Davutovic says that he heads recruitment and is responsible for our lack of quality particularly defenders then I can now say JVS OUT.

Patrick Viera in.

Viera is too important to the youth development of City.  He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.

Zero to No Chance.

Instead of getting a big European name why don't we just hire someone who has had some success at coaching in Australian Domestic Soccer?

The perfect scenario for me if for us to sack JVS now and to get an experienced Local Caretaker for the rest of Season and then Ange to be offered way too much money to refuse taking the job once he is sacked with the NT after Australia does poorly at the Asian Cup.

• Like 1

I would give the job to one of our assistants - include Palatsides in that list - on an interim basis, and at the same time bring someone such as Viera over from Manchester for 2-4 weeks to conduct an independent review of the squad individual by individual. Then take it from there.

I really think the fans will stick by the club if they can see that someone has the balls to do something. If this goes on until Christmas the season is pretty well shot anyway. But people will begin to desert if the situation is allowed to drift on and on.

At the moment IMO one of the major problems is that there's no independent assessment of what's happening. Viera could do that without being lost to the EDS.

• Like 1

I would give the job to one of our assistants - include Palatsides in that list - on an interim basis, and at the same time bring someone such as Viera over from Manchester for 2-4 weeks to conduct an independent review of the squad individual by individual. Then take it from there.

I really think the fans will stick by the club if they can see that someone has the balls to do something. If this goes on until Christmas the season is pretty well shot anyway. But people will begin to desert if the situation is allowed to drift on and on.

At the moment IMO one of the major problems is that there's no independent assessment of what's happening. Viera could do that without being lost to the EDS.

Or so it would seem to us that there is no independent assessment happening....

Just thought I'd post my question I just asked Davutovic on Studs Up and his response:

Hi David, firstly do you know what JVS kpi's would be this season regarding where City finish on the ladder this season? And secondly what's your opinion on Scott Munn and his role at the club? Because it doesn't seem those behind the scenes get enough "credit" for our current woeful situation? Much appreciated.

Not sure about this season's KPI's Niko, but I presume making the top 6 was a non-negotiable. As for Scott Munn, I agree that he is a big part of the problem - there's a lot of mud that's thrown at City and from the feedback I've received from well-regarded people in the industry, it appears Munn's arrogance and lack of professionalism over the last few years is coming back to bite him and the club on the backside.

Arrogance/stubborness has absolutely killed this club. Just look at every one of our post match conferences after a loss from either JVS or JA.

Munn and JVS have tried their hardest to keep a low profile in the media by deflecting their failures as 'bad luck' and 'not taking our chances'. Thankfully Bozza and those on foxsports have FINALLY noticed what bad shape were in. Now the club is in the spotlight and CFG will be forced to act if this shit continues.

The line up he should've started with:

Redmayne/Velaphi

Hoffman     -     Kisnorbo     -     Wieleart     -     Garuccio

Mooy      -      Paartalu      -      Melling

Dugandzic         -         Williams         -         D. Duff       

The line up our fearless coach went with:

Redmayne

Archibald     -     Kisnorbo     -     Wieleart     -     Ramsay

Mooy      -      Paartalu      -      Melling

D. Duff         -         Williams         -         Dugandzic

The line up @50 minutes, all 3 subs used:

Redmayne

Hoffman     -     Kisnorbo     -     Wieleart     -     Ramsay

Mooy      -      Mauk      -      Melling

Brown         -         Williams         -         D. Duff

It was very reactive of him to sub off Dugandzic and Paartalu at half time...and then realised that Archibald was the weak link and used all his subs up by the 50min mark. This guy has NFI what he's doing!! I'm convinced, Mr. 30% needs to go!

Patrick Viera in.

Viera is too important to the youth development of City. He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.

Zero to No Chance.

Instead of getting a big European name why don't we just hire someone who has had some success at coaching in Australian Domestic Soccer?

The perfect scenario for me if for us to sack JVS now and to get an experienced Local Caretaker for the rest of Season and then Ange to be offered way too much money to refuse taking the job once he is sacked with the NT after Australia does poorly at the Asian Cup.

Yes please.

Patrick Viera in.

Viera is too important to the youth development of City. He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.

Zero to No Chance.

Yes please.

He is the safe option, and we probably need to go with the safe option after JVS and JA. On the other hand, we have money these days we could go after someone better from overseas.

I don't really care, just get rid of JVS and don't replace him with another retard like last time with JA.

Patrick Viera in.

Zero to No Chance.

Yes please.

He is the safe option, and we probably need to go with the safe option after JVS and JA. On the other hand, we have money these days we could go after someone better from overseas.

I don't really care, just get rid of JVS and don't replace him with another retard like last time with JA.

If the PPL choosing the coaches at this club were voters... it be safe to say that they would not vote for either of the Big Two.

Edited by cadete

Patrick Viera in.

I genuinely believe this could happenNever in a billion years.Viera is too important to the youth development of City. He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.The even call the youth development team "Viera's team".Zero to No Chance.Instead of getting a big European name why don't we just hire someone who has had some success at coaching in Australian Domestic Soccer?The perfect scenario for me if for us to sack JVS now and to get an experienced Local Caretaker for the rest of Season and then Ange to be offered way too much money to refuse taking the job once he is sacked with the NT after Australia does poorly at the Asian Cup.Yes please.He is the safe option, and we probably need to go with the safe option after JVS and JA. On the other hand, we have money these days we could go after someone better from overseas.I don't really care, just get rid of JVS and don't replace him with another retard like last time with JA.

Pretty much this. I think we should be aiming to get in someone capable of changing the landscape of club football but there may not be anyone of that standard avaliable/Willing just yet, so while we are waiting with just need someone capable of doing well

Patrick Viera in.

Zero to No Chance.

Yes please.

If the PPL choosing the coaches at this club were voters... it be safe to say that they would not vote for either of the Big Two. Well we have had the football equivalent of palmer and hanson already...

Patrick Viera in.

I genuinely believe this could happenNever in a billion years.Viera is too important to the youth development of City. He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.The even call the youth development team "Viera's team".Zero to No Chance.Instead of getting a big European name why don't we just hire someone who has had some success at coaching in Australian Domestic Soccer?The perfect scenario for me if for us to sack JVS now and to get an experienced Local Caretaker for the rest of Season and then Ange to be offered way too much money to refuse taking the job once he is sacked with the NT after Australia does poorly at the Asian Cup.Yes please.He is the safe option, and we probably need to go with the safe option after JVS and JA. On the other hand, we have money these days we could go after someone better from overseas.I don't really care, just get rid of JVS and don't replace him with another retard like last time with JA. Pretty much this. I think we should be aiming to get in someone capable of changing the landscape of club football but there may not be anyone of that standard avaliable/Willing just yet, so while we are waiting with just need someone capable of doing well Couldn't agree more with getting rid of JVS but, if you really want to change the landscape of club football" and get passion, club spirit and a winning mentality into Heart/City you have to do as most of us want ie clean out the people on top as well. Fish head stuff.

CFG need to bring in a Winston Wolfe type (the cleaner from Pulp Fiction) to tidy up this mess...

Someone who will be given total control over the situation, come in cool / calm & collected, quickly analyse the situation and the critical issues, have extreme confidence in their own ability, make swift & decisive changes (discard the dead wood and build up the pieces to be kept), and steady the ship in preparation for next season, at which time a world class manager would be brought in.

There would not be many who would fit this bill ... Hiddink, Di Canio, etc.

It must be done before January so that the trade window can be used to recruit some better defenders ...

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 1

Patrick Viera in.

I genuinely believe this could happenNever in a billion years.Viera is too important to the youth development of City. He is worth far more to man city than he is to us.The even call the youth development team "Viera's team".Zero to No Chance.Instead of getting a big European name why don't we just hire someone who has had some success at coaching in Australian Domestic Soccer?The perfect scenario for me if for us to sack JVS now and to get an experienced Local Caretaker for the rest of Season and then Ange to be offered way too much money to refuse taking the job once he is sacked with the NT after Australia does poorly at the Asian Cup.Yes please.He is the safe option, and we probably need to go with the safe option after JVS and JA. On the other hand, we have money these days we could go after someone better from overseas.I don't really care, just get rid of JVS and don't replace him with another retard like last time with JA.Pretty much this. I think we should be aiming to get in someone capable of changing the landscape of club football but there may not be anyone of that standard avaliable/Willing just yet, so while we are waiting with just need someone capable of doing wellCouldn't agree more with getting rid of JVS but, if you really want to change the landscape of club football" and get passion, club spirit and a winning mentality into Heart/City you have to do as most of us want ie clean out the people on top as well. Fish head stuff. I was referring specifically to what kind of long term replacement coach we need. I completely agree that we need to replace pretty much all other higher roles at the club too Edited by KSK_47

There is a weight of opinion to sack both JVS & Munn.  However the issue is deeper, this squad trained and played in Manchester, with which  Shitty City had a first hand look at the squad and coaching.  They did not sat anything, time and again they have not come forward either to defend or criticise.  If Shitty city had started the same as us Coach and all his staff would have been gone by now.

They all need to go   

I still don't see the justification for getting rid of SM. Apart from the football department, the club has improved in every other area this season with the greater resources the club has had at it's disposal. So much more professional, higher membership & attendances, increased brand awareness, etc.

SM operated Melbourne Heart about as well as possible with the limited resources at his disposal, and now with the increase resources of Melbourne City there is a clear improvement (apart from the football department).

The other thing to consider, I can't see another CEO having the fans' back as much as SM has. He actually cares about the fans. Obviously he has a job to do as well, and interests will not always align, but I just can't see another CEO looking out for the fans as much as SM.

JVS and JD (how the fuck does JD still have a job?) on the other hand need to go.

Also pretty sceptical about the 'jobs for the boys' recipients (primarily the other JD, and maybe Bolton too, but at least Bolton is a top bloke :up:), as goalkeeping is a problem area.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

I still don't see the justification for getting rid of SM. Apart from the football department, the club has improved in every other area this season with the greater resources the club has had at it's disposal. So much more professional, higher membership & attendances, increased brand awareness, etc.

SM operated Melbourne Heart about as well as possible with the limited resources at his disposal, and now with the increase resources of Melbourne City there is a clear improvement (apart from the football department).

The other thing to consider, I can't see another CEO having the fans' back as much as SM has. He actually cares about the fans. Obviously he has a job to do as well, and interests will not always align, but I just can't see another CEO looking out for the fans as much as SM.

JVS and JD (how the fuck does JD still have a job?) on the other hand need to go.

Also pretty sceptical about the 'jobs for the boys' recipients (primarily the other JD, and maybe Bolton too, but at least Bolton is a top bloke :up:), as goalkeeping is a problem area.

Munn has always struck me personally as a good bloke and a reasonable guy when dealing with Yarraside Issues but the reality is that if he had been at an AFL club he would have been moved on probably at least a year ago and at NRL club after our Second or maybe we even our First Season.

Does he? How does the club's handling of the David Villa situation tie in with that?

Yes, a lot more members signed up this year, but many would feel cheated by the misleading promotions involving Villa, as well as the rubbish performances this season. How many are going to jump right off again after one season, at this rate? The attendances are already falling back to Heart levels. More professional? Should we be delighted that the club is no longer doing recoveries in wheelie bins and training on cow paddocks? In the same position, couldn't any of us have made the same sort of upgrades, with the same budget at our disposal?

Edited by SF33

I imagine JVS is telling City Group it's not his fault.

How things would be different if Villa had stayed for 10 games, Koren was fit and we had our Australian marquee in the side.

I was prepared to back JVS for this season.

It looks like I was wrong.

We can't afford to drag things out like last season and fall away like last season.

If City Group are serious about us they will find a high profile Manager with a proven track record of success.

• Like 1

Does he? How does the club's handling of the David Villa situation tie in with that?

Yes, a lot more members signed up this year, but many would feel cheated by the misleading promotions involving Villa, as well as the rubbish performances this season. How many are going to jump right off again after one season, at this rate? The attendances are already falling back to Heart levels. More professional? Should we be delighted that the club is no longer doing recoveries in wheelie bins and training on cow paddocks? In the same position, couldn't any of us have made the same sort of upgrades, with the same budget at our disposal?

Honestly I know nothing in terms of what actually happened with David Villa, as most people outside if the club, CFG, and Villa himself don't. So I really can't make any judgements, but at the end of the day either NYC wanted their man back or Villa himself was over it, and not much can be done in either of those situations. Did SM know from the start that Villa would for sure be gone after a few games? I doubt it. Did he know it was a possibility? Probably. Would you advertise that your biggest draw card may be leaving after a few games? I fucking wouldn't, and if SM did then I probably would be calling for him to go as that would be an incompetent way to run a business. Now if it was actually known that he would for sure be going after a few games, that is somewhat of a different story, but like I said previously, he also has a job to do.

The way I see it, you only have to look across town to see what the relationship between the fans and those who run the club could be like if someone else was CEO.

So who gets to approve the sacking of JVS? Is it a board meeting? Is it Solano on his own? Does SM have a say? I can imagine that the board would need to have at least a phone hook up (which I hope that they are doing as I write) and then decide from there. It will be interesting to know what the process will be like.

Patrick Viera in.

Zero to No Chance.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

If we go local and can't wait for Ang, Mark Rudan has done a heap at lower levels to prove himself worthy of a shot.

Not a safe choice but one that has looked at our problems closely being in the media and could attempt to rectify.

He strikes me as a good manager. Won't take nonsense from anyone.