Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

I thought the argument was about the design of the logo? If you have beef with the concept being too broad and not specific enough then you should have a problem with the name.

The design fits the brief perfectly and the designer of that logo can only work with what he's given.

No, I understand the representation of it as an icon, I just don't think it suits the supporter group and if you read back through the thread, I and others had explained why.

Don't get me wrong i really like the design as a design, but I don't think there's much in the badge that explains who you guys are and what you do.

If I saw people with supporter merch wearing that alone, I'd think you might be train station aficionados.

I think the city skylines, the badges with footballs and the badges with outlines of supporters was going in the right direction and more symbolic of who you guys are and what you guys do.

That's not to say I think the wreath design is better then the train station one as its not in my opinion, was just my thoughts whilst reading through the thread.

Hopefully that clears things up for you :up:

Maybe you should let the actual (active) supporters of the club decide what they think represents them. As you have said previously that a colour change would mean that you would not be supporting city your opinion carries as much weight as that of a victory supporter.

• Like 4

No, I understand the representation of it as an icon, I just don't think it suits the supporter group and if you read back through the thread, I and others had explained why.

Don't get me wrong i really like the design as a design, but I don't think there's much in the badge that explains who you guys are and what you do.

If I saw people with supporter merch wearing that alone, I'd think you might be train station aficionados.

I think the city skylines, the badges with footballs and the badges with outlines of supporters was going in the right direction and more symbolic of who you guys are and what you guys do.

That's not to say I think the wreath design is better then the train station one as its not in my opinion, was just my thoughts whilst reading through the thread.

Maybe you should let the actual (active) supporters of the club decide what they think represents them. As you have said previously that a colour change would mean that you would not be supporting city your opinion carries as much weight as that of a victory supporter.

Similar could be said for you mate, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing your 2c worth into all of the actice support discussion.

• Like 2

Similar could be said for you mate, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing your 2c worth into all of the actice support discussion.

• Like 1

Maybe you should let the actual (active) supporters of the club decide what they think represents them. As you have said previously that a colour change would mean that you would not be supporting city your opinion carries as much weight as that of a victory supporter.Similar could be said for you mate, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing your 2c worth into all of the actice support discussion. When did I say I wouldn't be supporting the club? In fact I distinctly remember you having a go at me on this forum for indicating that I would support the new club... Edited by malloy
  • Like 5

Maybe you should let the actual (active) supporters of the club decide what they think represents them. As you have said previously that a colour change would mean that you would not be supporting city your opinion carries as much weight as that of a victory supporter.Similar could be said for you mate, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing your 2c worth into all of the actice support discussion.When did I say I wouldn't be supporting the club? In fact I distinctly remember you having a go at me on this forum for indicating that I would support the new club...If you're saying you want nothing to do with active support and are on record as saying you won't be passionate about a club post a colour change, then your opinion, in your words means just as little as mine does right now on this topic.

And is that where all this butthurt is coming from, about something which I wrote on a forum months ago which was never intended to be directed at you and for which I aplogised to you in person about 2 weeks later when you let me know how you felt?

Honestly that was over 4 months ago mate, time to let go and move on. I certainly have.

• Like 1

Maybe you should let the actual (active) supporters of the club decide what they think represents them. As you have said previously that a colour change would mean that you would not be supporting city your opinion carries as much weight as that of a victory supporter.Similar could be said for you mate, but that hasn't stopped you from throwing your 2c worth into all of the actice support discussion.When did I say I wouldn't be supporting the club? In fact I distinctly remember you having a go at me on this forum for indicating that I would support the new club...If you're saying you want nothing to do with active support and are on record as saying you won't be passionate about a club post a colour change, then your opinion, in your words means just as little as mine does right now on this topic.

And is that where all this butthurt is coming from, about something which I wrote on a forum months ago which was never intended to be directed at you and for which I aplogised to you in person about 2 weeks later when you let me know how you felt?

Honestly that was over 4 months ago mate, time to let go and move on. I certainly have.

:droy:

How could I have spoken to you in person? After all this is the night you claimed not one core (YS) person spoke to you about issues, which may I remind you that you were quick to jump on here and have a dig at us and post mistruths.

I shouldn't have to remind you of that little posting saga as I am sure your ass is still sore from the rheeming Tesla gave you with his epic post.

Now I am not going to respond to your posts because quite frankly I don't have the time. I will leave you with this final point.

Drop the charade. Everyone who knows you knows that you want to be involved despite what you say. So either a) come out and say you want to be involved and do so. That way you can stop pretending you don't want any involvement despite coming onto the forum and complaining that decisions aren't going your way or B) Stay true to your word and don't support the club and let people who want to support actually support the club.

• Like 4

There is massive tension on here for a number of reasons.

As JW points out, he didn't know if Melburnians didn't meant to represent all MelbCity supporters or just the "Active Support". 

People don't like the terrace having a broad name like Melburnians as they feel it's too general. People don't like the logo because it doesn't represent the name. People seem to thing that decisions are being rushed. 

This is 23 pages and 690 posts long now. Possibly the best post in this thread still resonates, and that was to say, why did decision have to be made before the FFA Cup game. Surely it could have started from there. See who turns up and who wants to help out. Who wants to 'capo' and who is willing to start the way forward. And then go from there. 

The boys that held the first new meeting at the Imperial and are carrying along with this task are doing the best they can. And hopefully they aren't discouraged. But the evening Yarraside announced it was no more, people thought decisions needed to be made. It was, and still is, too hasty. 

Like Iain Ramsay at Left Back, we are forcing something that should just evolve. 

• Like 2

I thought this thread was a platform to talk about the new supporters' group :P

So will Melburnians be keeping "So Happy Together"? The words "baby the skies will be blue" makes a lot more sense now.

Did you say platform ???

ps check out this lot… puts us to shame 

Of course it does...

But what is your point that a New Terrace being created as we speak should be as loud and passionate as the well established Terrace at the biggest club from the second biggest city in Greece?

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

ps check out this lot… puts us to shame

Of course it does...

But what is your point that a New Terrace being created as we speak should be as loud and passionate as the well established Terrace at the biggest club from the second biggest city in Greece? I know a few paok fans that would disagree with the biggest club part there old mate cadete

As Al Gore would say, I demand a recount!

With:

a). Option 1 (without the scarf & beer. Maybe replace soccer ball with a stylised heart)

b ) Option 3 (with Melbourne Heart's stylised heart instead of love heart and "Vires Acquirit Eundo")

c). Option 4 (with the right stripe changed to skyblue & a little 'dark' blue).

Edited by Red or Dead