Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

Stand back from it (post 483) and it looks like a knight's armour helmet with vizor.

If I may, just some observations from a "Western Wing Prawn Sanger" viewpoint (although I've never had one in my life)...

Overall, just as this website has been re-designed to make it more appealing to the wider supporter base (as Tesla has put it "Melbourne City FC Community"), the name "Melburnians" does offer an inclusiveness that is missing from names aimed solely at the "active" component.

Choice of a roundel for the badge is consistent with the roundels of this website and the club's official badge, and the addition of a motto such as "Heart of the City", "We gather strength as we go" or "Many voices one Heart" or something similar strengthens both the use of the word "Melburnians" and the cross connections. Some might find "Heart of the City" too close to the club's PR. If a date...then it has to be 2014.

IMO the choice of the red-and-white vertical stripes with the single sky blue and dark blue stripes on the right is perfect. I'd do away with the gold laurel wreath etc. because we're neither Greek nor a Merchant Navy shipping line, nor do we have gold in our colours.

So I'd be going for the simple roundel theme. A very good starting point...and badges can always be tweaked a little if the need arises.

Edited by jw1739

1937811_10204275841601439_152650101_n.jp

Thanks to LR9 for this badge design.

I rate this as a pretty strong alternative. I like the lines, reminds me of Art Deco. Kinda in your face. The Flinders street stuff (??) is a bit too complicated but I get the drift. Maybe a simpler dome structure would suffice. Less is more in some cases. :up:

Yeh thats pretty dope.

Just a thought, maybe leave out the date/year for a while. Im talking years. Only thinking this because I remember the tards with their banner "5 years of history" or something similar and absolutely pissing myself.

Got bored this afternoon and did these quickly

Logo 1.png

LOGO 2.png

Bottom one is the best I've seen so far. 'Forever in our Heart' is brilliant.

Perhaps blue for the outer rim instead of gold, but quite excellent imo.

Well done.

Got bored this afternoon and did these quickly

Logo 1.png

LOGO 2.png

Bottom one is the best I've seen so far. 'Forever in our Heart' is brilliant.

Perhaps blue for the outer rim instead of gold, but quite excellent imo.

Well done.

i agree with the gold outer rim being blue

Yeh thats pretty dope.

Just a thought, maybe leave out the date/year for a while. Im talking years. Only thinking this because I remember the tards with their banner "5 years of history" or something similar and absolutely pissing myself.

But this is also a ripper couldn't give a shit if it is Americanized

So people take issue with the logo and we have 8 odd pages of new ideas and a call for a vote.

People take issue with the name and nothing happens.

Pretty sure the name was done and dusted where as the logo wasn't. Personally I thought we could've come up with a better name but I'm not an active member as such so Im hardly in a position to complain.