Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

Screen_Shot_2014_07_04_at_20_17_50.png

Another version with 2009 instead of Est. 2014.

Love it! Any chance we could get a version with heart of the city instead of date?

Want to try and stay away from that line, the club are using it for their membership drive this season.

I understand that but it's a dam good line incorprates past and future

Screen_Shot_2014_07_04_at_20_04_15.png

Just saw this one.

Fuckin thumbs up.

Only thing I could even consider possibly knocking is that the heart on the top should be the heart from the melb heart emblem

Sorry but no. Melbourne heart is gone. I think the heart in the design is subtle and ties the past well.

• Like 2

Just saw this one.

Fuckin thumbs up.

Only thing I could even consider possibly knocking is that the heart on the top should be the heart from the melb heart emblemSorry but no. Melbourne heart is gone. I think the heart in the design is subtle and ties the past well. If Melbourne Heart is gone then why have a Heart there in the first place? To me Melb Heat is still there but has now evolved into Melb City. How people are finding it so easy to fuck off and forget Heart is beyond me.

Every Club has a history. If Man City had enough respect to acknowledge that and add the Heart on our new emblem, how do a lot of people show such disrespect and hatred for a club they "supported".

IMO if your gonna have a heart on this emblem, then either it be from the old emblem or nothing at all.

Edited by [LIBBA]

What's the fascination with the old heart emblem? I thought the idea was to be separate and independent of the club?

This x1000. The badge is still acknowledging what we came from and where we're going whilst still remaining independent from the club both past and present.

Just saw this one.

Fuckin thumbs up.

Only thing I could even consider possibly knocking is that the heart on the top should be the heart from the melb heart emblemSorry but no. Melbourne heart is gone. I think the heart in the design is subtle and ties the past well. If Melbourne Heart is gone then why have a Heart there in the first place? To me Melb Heat is still there but has now evolved into Melb City. How people are finding it so easy to fuck off and forget Heart is beyond me.

Every Club has a history. If Man City had enough respect to acknowledge that and add the Heart on our new emblem, how do a lot of people show such disrespect and hatred for a club they "supported".

IMO if your gonna have a heart on this emblem, then either it be from the old emblem or nothing at all.

Heart will always be special to me like to most of us and still have a huge connection to our former club. But what am I suppose to do, pretend it still exists??? Yarraside disbandment is proof melbourne heart is officially gone, no matter how much we want it to be there. But probably the biggest reason it doesn't sit well with me is your trying to put the old club badge onto the badge of a brand new supporter group established for melbourne city. It just doesn't seem right.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who's getting behind the latest version. Much appreciated.

I actually tried out the other heart (from the MHFC logo) when I was designing it and the shape didn't fit the space as well as the one shown. 

Some people want one, some the other, but purely from an aesthetic point of view, this one is better. 

FWIW guys, badge looks great, real football look&feel. BUT, IMO, get rid of the smallish heart logo above MELBURNIANS, replace 'Est. 2014' with 'Heart of the City'

Maybe in time a date could be incorporated by right now I don't think it's necessary IMHO.  Stick with 'MELBURNIANS' tho, its got character and it definitely identifies us with the city of Melbourne.

FWIW guys, badge looks great, real football look&feel. BUT, IMO, get rid of the smallish heart logo above MELBURNIANS, replace 'Est. 2014' with 'Heart of the City'

Maybe in time a date could be incorporated by right now I don't think it's necessary IMHO. Stick with 'MELBURNIANS' tho, its got character and it definitely identifies us with the city of Melbourne.

Fuck oath

Edited by drewmelbcity

Maybe in time a date could be incorporated by right now I don't think it's necessary IMHO.  Stick with 'MELBURNIANS' tho, its got character and it definitely identifies us with the city of Melbourne.

yep. I think the same. No heart and lines at top and 'heart of the city' and it will equal extreme sexiness. Well it already does, but would make me even harder.

The Heart of the City

Can we go with just "heart of the city" bold and capitals 2nded

The Club is using Heart of the City is being used as a marketing tool to sell memberships. Remember guys we want to keep this independently from the Club.

This x1000000000000000

• Like 1