Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

Just used this design as an example (cos it's my preferred logo design) as I tried to incorporate an image of a fan just to have something in the logo to represent the supporters. It's obviously just a rough design and it's not a high quality image and I didn't change the colour of it as it can be done later. We can also put the colours of the actual scarf that will be designed on it. The image of the fan could also be in the middle of the logo in front of the stripes. 

Melbu.jpg

Thoughts?

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 1

If anyone has any final submission for the Melburnians badge they should get it in by around 5PM tonight or we'll be going to a poll and asking social media to choose between LR9's badge and the roundle with the Olive Reathes as they're clearly the two most popular suggestions and have both been popping up around the web.

This?

Oh, so it's kind of like this then ...

"We've decided that the best way to do this is to ask you guys - the active support community - to email any serious suggestions to melbournecityterrace@gmail.com and over the next week or so we'll go over the suggestions and short list a few that we like or are clearly popular and then we'll go from there. Whether we put it to a poll on the forum or survey monkey, hold a meeting where everyone can vote or decide internally are the things we're currently weighing up."

(emphasis added)

"We've decided that the best way to do this is to ask you guys - the active support community - to email any serious suggestions to melbournecityterrace@gmail.com and over the next week or so we'll go over the suggestions and short list a few that we like or are clearly popular and then we'll go from there. Whether we put it to a poll on the forum or survey monkey, hold a meeting where everyone can vote or decide internally are the things we're currently weighing up."

(emphasis added)

Seriously next you will be calling for a Royal Commission... :rolleyes:

• Like 6

(emphasis added)

rofl aren't you the same bloke that kept whinging because the old core didn't wear enough MH merch.

Sounds like you have some deep seeded issues with authority..

(emphasis added)

rofl aren't you the same bloke that kept whinging because the old core didn't wear enough MH merch.

Sounds like you have some deep seeded issues with authority.. Sounds like he's a fucking sook.

• Like 4

Ok this is off topic  but can someone here who has some skill in photoshop can you please make a Victory top with a Kleenex logo on it? The amount of sooking is hilarious. 

What? Coz we have owners that are prepared to spend to get success and aren't going to suffer mediocrity? Coz we got Villa and maybe Lampard and they got Valeri? Coz Etihad has given us the biggest shirt sponsor in the whole of the HAL? Coz we can finally get rid of our wheelie bins? Coz we finally look like a team that can compete for silver ware?  Be prepared to shed more tears little bastard bros hahahahahahaha.

• Like 1

(emphasis added)

I'm not sure who the old core were. 

Yes, I hate authority. It really gets on my nerves. I hate that people make rules and we need to follow them. It would be far better if we just lived. 

(emphasis added)

Yes, I hate authority. It really gets on my nerves. I hate that people make rules and we need to follow them. It would be far better if we just lived.

mate, i'm probably the biggest advocate of individual freedom you'll find, but the reality is that every organisation needs some form of leadership to function properly.

I think the fundamental problem of all the "anti-core" (creating this term for people who oppose a core leadership group, whether it's in regard to yarraside or this new group) people is a gross underestimation of the work involved in running an active supporter group. There is a lot more to it then rocking up on match day. I'm not saying it's a full time job, but it definitely requires a significant amount of time.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

(emphasis added)

Meanwhile... in the middle east... afrika... and the rest of the 3rd world countries... people are just living.

• Like 2

(emphasis added)

Apologies. It was actually every single person in the terrace that didn't wear what you wanted them to wear.

For someone that wants to just 'live' you certainly seem to enjoy telling people what they can and can't do

• Like 2

The participation by supporters on this forum has been fantastic and this is what I love about the club. The logo designs that have been proposed are brilliant. How about we now stop all this precious crap about who, what, when and where decisions should be made.

I am not active but am very happy for the guys who have done the hard yards to get the group up and running and will be doing most of the work from here on (ie "the core") to decide how we move forward. Even though I believe in democracy a vote or no vote will not worry me. Nothing is set in stone. Let's just get on with ensuring that the supporters are able to put on as good a performance on match day as we hope the players will.

Thank you Yarraside and thank you Melburnians.

• Like 3

(emphasis added)

Apologies. It was actually every single person in the terrace that didn't wear what you wanted them to wear.

For someone that wants to just 'live' you certainly seem to enjoy telling people what they can and can't do

Usually the people with the biggest problems with authority are control freaks themselves that don't like to see someone else holding a position of authority that they don't think is deserved. "Why should X be in charge, what makes them better than / different from me?" Again, goes back to my last post of there being a gross underestimation in the work involved. If it was understood that the reason someone has that position of authority is because they put in hours of their free time for no reward, then I'd say there would be more respect for the authority.

Edited by Tesla

(emphasis added)

Usually the people with the biggest problems with authority are control freaks themselves that don't like to see someone else holding a position of authority that they don't think is deserved. "Why should X be in charge, what makes them better than / different from me?" Again, goes back to my last post of there being a gross underestimation in the work involved. If it was understood that the reason someone has that position of authority is because they put in hours of their free time, then I'd say there would be more respect for the authority.

Oh yeah. I agree. I mean, there is hardly any work at all to do with running a terrace. And you're right. I'm jealous that I haven't been anointed the new Capo to lead us all into glory in line with the buy out from CFG. And I will resist at every turn until I get to the top of that mountain and have dominion over you all. 

Yep, that's it.

Don't understand the relevance of a train station to a supporter group badge.

The flinders st stuff would make sense if the chosen name had been The Depot, but thinking out aloud with a name like Melburbnians it would probably make more sense to feature people or supporters as that's what the name is about :hmm:

You have a serious misunderstanding of how branding and identity work. The two people in this thread who've posted prominent logos featuring flinders st are both (as far as I know) trained graphic designers (or similar), and, as Baresi alluded to, they've used one of melbourne's most identifiable symbols to conceptualise the melbourne/melburnians theme.

• Like 1

(emphasis added)

Usually the people with the biggest problems with authority are control freaks themselves that don't like to see someone else holding a position of authority that they don't think is deserved. "Why should X be in charge, what makes them better than / different from me?" Again, goes back to my last post of there being a gross underestimation in the work involved. If it was understood that the reason someone has that position of authority is because they put in hours of their free time, then I'd say there would be more respect for the authority.

Oh yeah. I agree. I mean, there is hardly any work at all to do with running a terrace. And you're right. I'm jealous that I haven't been anointed the new Capo to lead us all into glory in line with the buy out from CFG. And I will resist at every turn until I get to the top of that mountain and have dominion over you all. 

Yep, that's it.

I'm not saying you covet a leadership position relating to the terrace. I dont think you are even an active supporter? That's not what I was saying.

Edited by Tesla

Hey guys, I fixed everything. Feel free to buy me a beer in the away bay in round one to repay me.

i am very sorry i dont want to offend you but that looks horrible, i admire your passion for trying to create a new logo but your photoshop skills quite frankly need to imporve a lot before any of your idea's will be seriously considered I actually love it. Basquet-esque

You mean Basquiat, right? Yes

Don't understand the relevance of a train station to a supporter group badge.The flinders st stuff would make sense if the chosen name had been The Depot, but thinking out aloud with a name like Melburbnians it would probably make more sense to feature people or supporters as that's what the name is about :hmm:

You have a serious misunderstanding of how branding and identity work. The two people in this thread who've posted prominent logos featuring flinders st are both (as far as I know) trained graphic designers (or similar), and, as Baresi alluded to, they've used one of melbourne's most identifiable symbols to conceptualise the melbourne/melburnians theme.

Well that's where you're wrong.

Football support isn't a branding excercise, terribly misguided if that's what you think.

• Like 1

Don't understand the relevance of a train station to a supporter group badge.The flinders st stuff would make sense if the chosen name had been The Depot, but thinking out aloud with a name like Melburbnians it would probably make more sense to feature people or supporters as that's what the name is about :hmm:

You have a serious misunderstanding of how branding and identity work. The two people in this thread who've posted prominent logos featuring flinders st are both (as far as I know) trained graphic designers (or similar), and, as Baresi alluded to, they've used one of melbourne's most identifiable symbols to conceptualise the melbourne/melburnians theme. Well that's where you're wrong.

Football support isn't a branding excercise, terribly misguided if that's what you think.

The melburnians represent Melbourne city as their core supporter base, an iconic symbol of Melbourne city is flinders street therefore flinders street station is a representation of Melbourne the city, it has nothing to do with branding but rather what you are representing. In future reference you should really elaborate on your argument rather then just going out and calling someone misguided for the sake of it.

No, I understand the representation of it as an icon, I just don't think it suits the supporter group and if you read back through the thread, I and others had explained why.

Don't get me wrong i really like the design as a design, but I don't think there's much in the badge that explains who you guys are and what you do.

If I saw people with supporter merch wearing that alone, I'd think you might be train station aficionados.

I think the city skylines, the badges with footballs and the badges with outlines of supporters was going in the right direction and more symbolic of who you guys are and what you guys do.

That's not to say I think the wreath design is better then the train station one as its not in my opinion, was just my thoughts whilst reading through the thread.

Hopefully that clears things up for you :up:

Edited by FB.

In the absence of a real city square, for many years Flinders Street Station has been a central meeting point, a hub for inner city/CBD based social activities - 'let's meet under the station clocks', so symbolically it's a good reference point for the role of Melburnians.

No, I understand the representation of it as an icon, I just don't think it suits the supporter group and if you read back through the thread, I and others had explained why.

Don't get me wrong i really like the design as a design, but I don't think there's much in the badge that explains who you guys are and what you do.

If I saw people with supporter merch wearing that alone, I'd think you might be train station aficionados.

I think the city skylines, the badges with footballs and the badges with outlines of supporters was going in the right direction and more symbolic of who you guys are and what you guys do.

That's not to say I think the wreath design is better then the train station one as its not in my opinion, was just my thoughts whilst reading through the thread.

Hopefully that clears things up for you :up:

FB makes a good point. It all depends who the badge is for and how it is intended to be used. I must say at this point I'm not sure whether "Melburnians" is intended to be an inclusive name for all Melbourne City Football Club supporters or only for the "active " component thereof (I originally thought it was the former but I'm no longer sure about that). And whichever it is, does the badge convey that message?

But, as has been pointed out on a number of occasions already, its just as representative of City supporters as it is Victory supporters. 

Yes, it's up to us to make it ours and to use and claim Melbourne icons as we have been doing - Flinders Street Station, the Skipping Girl, Luna Park, trams etc. These things need to be claimed by us, the Geelong Visitors can find something out of Melbourne. Unless we use Melbourne symbols that clearly identify us as a club for Melbourne then any badge is an empty gesture.

Edited by belaguttman