Melbourne Football

New Active Support Group Discussion

Embee

Well obviously you can't have "ultra" in the name especially we would be kidding ourselves because our club is the definition of a club "fucked by modern football"

But doesn't mean we can't have a strong name and have a ultra matchday atmosphere.

A name is very hard to pick but my favourite is "No Name Boys/brigade" lol a terrace who was left with no name used it to their advantage lol

• Like 1

There's some pretty dodgy names getting thrown around, I'm not in active but I consider those that are a representation of the club and it's supporters at large. Because of this, what this group is called and how they behave (ie. chants, banners etc) has a big impact on how the club and it's supporters are perceived.

I'd like to see a name with as little cringe value as possible, and this is a good chance for active supporters to honor the clubs inaugural years.

"The Hearts" would be nice, simple, has heritage in terms of our club and IMO no cringe value.

And in essence the active support IS The Heart of Melbourne City FC as I see it.

As an aside, please don't use the name of or a variation of a pub name you happen to frequent now, I don't get the fetish some seem to have with the imp but hey, I suppose as some of you get older you'll realize that pubs/bars are pretty much all the same, they come and go and none of them really matter or give a shit about you, just so long as you keep the taps flowing.

• Like 1

Mix of 'king of hearts' and city.

City kings.

That or "bubble boys", coz it's cute and not gay

bubble boys sounds very gay. LETS DO IT!!

But on a serious note nothing suggested I think sounds decent. Not having a go at anyone for posting a name, good on you all for having suggestions but they're all pretty basic names and I reckon something better can be achieved. I can't come up with anything but I reckon something will come through soon and will stand out above the rest of these names. 

Heart line

It's better then heart land which has slight scent of cheddar about it although Personally I don't mind it

And it sounds like hard line

That's why I liked Heart Lane. RReferences Melbourne's lane ways.

I vote Heart Lane I was thinking we should incorporate laneways or lane in the name because it is so iconic within Melbourne the city (47Heart Lane) also a possibility  

Heart line

It's better then heart land which has slight scent of cheddar about it although Personally I don't mind it

That's why I liked Heart Lane. RReferences Melbourne's lane ways.

As a gunner I hate it its too similar to white hart lane!

• Like 2

Heart line

That's why I liked Heart Lane. RReferences Melbourne's lane ways. As a gunner I hate it its too similar to white hart lane! I see your point.

However when you try to avoid using any references to city, ethnic links, racial, ultra and other names already used in football yet still come up with something relevant, smart and original, you really face an uphill battle to ignore some similarities already in place.

No Use For A Name (NUFAN) 

Rancid 

NoFx 

Refused

Screeching Wessel 

We are just naming punk bands right? or am I on the wrong forum?

Refused wouldn't be such a bad name, yes i was just naming a punk band for shytes and giggles. 

I remember as teens we tried to start a punk band  Dsypunktional Phamily