Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

2012/13 Vs 2013/14      %      Vs  2014/15   %

June 6th:           ?,???  Vs    880                  Vs    885 (Same)

June 8th:           ?,???  Vs 1,017                  Vs 1,015 (Same)

June 16th:         ?,???  Vs 1,288                  Vs 1,816 (+40.99%)

June 25th:         ?,???  Vs 1,505                  Vs 3,022 (+100.8%)

July 4th:             ?,???  Vs 2,143                  Vs 4,383 (+104.5%)

July 17th:           ?,???  Vs 2,529                  Vs 5,251 (+107.63%)

July 31st:           ?,???  Vs 3,018                  Vs 6,265 (+107.59%)

August 16th:     3,300  Vs 3,800 (+15.15%) Vs 6,821 (+79.50%)

August 30th:     3,650  Vs 4,272 (+17.04%) Vs 7,207 (+68.70%)

Sept. 12th:        4,000  Vs 4,633 (+15.83%) Vs 7,554 (+63.05%)

Sept. 26th          ?,??? Vs 5,194                  Vs 8,108 (+56.10%)

Day before R1: 4,750 Vs 5,908 (+24.38%) Vs 9,053 (+53.23%)

October 30th:     ?,??? Vs 6,609                  Vs

Nov. 14th:          5,500 Vs 6,758 (+22.87%) Vs

Nov. 29th:          5,850 Vs 6,800 (+16.24%) Vs

Dec. 18th:          6,025 Vs 6,989 (+16.00%) Vs

Jan 7th:              ?,??? Vs 7,007                  Vs

Feb 20th:           ?,??? Vs 7,185                  Vs

Mar 20/Apr 13:   6,583 Vs 7,315 (+11.12%) Vs

mtqfzn.jpg

Just imagining what a win tomorrow night would do for attendances/membership, it might sound a bit crazy but getting over 15k next week for the first home game is a possibility.

I don't think it's crazy at all, it's a very likely scenario.

13,372ish rocked up to see ADP play, I can't see why all the Barcelona/Atletico/Spanish fans (plus our 9,000+ members) wouldn't come out to see Dah-vid Viya play in his first home game!

Yeah na no chance but 10k would be penciled in.

Not sure if your taking the piss, but last season we had some 5k odd members come the first game? From memory our first two home games saw over 8k spectators, that's an additional 3k from the general public.

Assuming we have a win tomorrow night there's no reason why membership cannot rise to the high 9k or even crack the 10k. With villas pulling power and the buzz from a win it's possible to get to 15k.

This counter is stuck at 9199. I've been refreshing for the last hour every few mins! Lol

Tesla, I just checked your memberships page and it says:

2014-10-13 16:30:02   9203   4

2014-10-13 17:00:05   9212   9,

but the counter on the heart membership website still says 9199, what's your counter looking at?

Confident we will get 9.5k by Sunday...however from what I've seen on opening weekend of the A-League, this might be the season were we "Melbourne City FC go head to head with Victory for the title.... If that's the case we will get at least 15k members by seasons end...

i just noticed that Sydney FC were selling four game "blockbuster" packs before the season starts. pretty cheap move to bump up numbers early on. my tip is that if we're doing well we'll be selling a boatload of three/six game memberships to the last lot of home games after the asian cup

Edited by hyperfuzz

Not that I care what other clubs are doing, but I remember a couple of seasons ago Victory were at about 22K members and we were about 5,500. So the gap has demonstrably reduced over time but especially this year. I think most new fans to football in Melbourne will choose City over the Muscat ferals.

Not that I care what other clubs are doing, but I remember a couple of seasons ago Victory were at about 22K members and we were about 5,500. So the gap has demonstrably reduced over time but especially this year. I think most new fans to football in Melbourne will choose City over the Muscat ferals.

Not if they play the football they played on friday night for the rest of the season... high press... one touch.. chances galore.. goals and lots.. and will finish top 2  

i just noticed that Sydney FC were selling four game "blockbuster" packs before the season starts. pretty cheap move to bump up numbers early on. my tip is that if we're doing well we'll be selling a boatload of three/six game memberships to the last lot of home games after the asian cup

Victory are selling 3 game packages !   At least all our members are full season ones (so far) 

Not if they play the football they played on friday night for the rest of the season... high press... one touch.. chances galore.. goals and lots.. and will finish top 2  

This is my concern and why I have been banging on about the need for us to play exciting football. If we are not going the saturation advertising strategy then our brand of football needs to be our advertising. 

I cant remember where I heard it and I cant find his stats at the moment, but if I recall correctly Pim Verbeek had a very high win % but everyone still hated him because his brand of play was very dull to watch, particularly for people who didnt watch a lot of football. Not only do we need to be successful, we also need to be exciting if we want to attract a significant amount of new fans.

Edited by KSK_47

This is my concern and why I have been banging on about the need for us to play exciting football. If we are not going the saturation advertising strategy then our brand of football needs to be our advertising. 

I cant remember where I heard it and I cant find his stats at the moment, but if I recall correctly Pim Verbeek had a very high win % but everyone still hated him because his brand of play was very dull to watch, particularly for people who didnt watch a lot of football. Not only do we need to be successful, we also need to be exciting if we want to attract a significant amount of new fans.

I'm proudly one of the most negative carnts here, but after this weeks game I am confident that we will adopt the City way and we will entertain.

As far as our city rivals go, I believe their result flatters them. Of all the teams that could say their first 11 were missing WSW have the strongest case.Quality like Spiranovic, Juric, even Topor Stanley, not to mention Saba and their winger recruits being partly fit..  The goals were from awful WSW defending and mistakes, the sort of thing we would gift to sides when we were Heart.  There's also a cynical Muscat-esque side to their game creeping in-Broxham's yellow inside the first minute or so is an example.