Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

To much concern about Victory on here.. The blueprint for Melbourne City doesn´t really care about other clubs ups and downs, it´s all about this club, this team.

In fairness, you'd struggle to find any thread on Bluemoon discussing City's rise or future without a fair amount of obsessing about the scum in it. Just the same as on the NYCFC forums they can't keep themselves from discussing the Red Bulls.

i just noticed that Sydney FC were selling four game "blockbuster" packs before the season starts. pretty cheap move to bump up numbers early on. my tip is that if we're doing well we'll be selling a boatload of three/six game memberships to the last lot of home games after the asian cup

Victory are selling 3 game packages !   At least all our members are full season ones (so far) 

Pretty surprised that we're not, to be honest. I guess there's a balancing act for the administration: you absolutely want to capitalise on David Villa and get big crowds while he's here, but you don't want them to only be interested in Villa, creating tumbleweeds when he leaves. I think the current set-up lends itself to a bit of a 'come for Villa, stay for trophies' with regards to new members, so a 3-game home membership through to January and then a discounted GA membership offer for those sign-ups after they've used their three games could possibly have worked, if the club is as successful this season as (presumably) it intends to be.

Edited by SF33
  • Like 1

I think that City are trying very hard not to be "Villa-centric" in all of this. In future seasons there will be other players from CFG clubs coming to play for us, maybe as guests, more likely as visa players, because that's one of the benefits of being a part of the CFG stable. But IMO the club wants to be seen as an integrated whole - "A Melbourne club for Melbourne people" - rather than just a succession of imported glamour players tacked on to a pedestrian local squad.

Villa and Duff might be getting the attention, and the media is tending to overlook Ross Archibald's first A-League start and Marc Marino's A-League debut, but for the longer-term those two lads are just as important to City as the imported stars.

I'd much rather see limited-match memberships geared around, say, the summer school holidays than a particular player.

Much of the growth will come off early season form. If we can do well, the numbers could well be quite impressive.

If we do our usual trick and lose this week, off the back of the Villa hype and a "new" club mindset, then it will likely see momentum slow to a crawl.

Lets hope we can actually deliver this time.

Much of the growth will come off early season form. If we can do well, the numbers could well be quite impressive.

If we do our usual trick and lose this week, off the back of the Villa hype and a "new" club mindset, then it will likely see momentum slow to a crawl.

Lets hope we can actually deliver this time.

I pretty confident we're gonna WIN this week. In fact we're gonna trash the Jets and then soon afterwards MCFC brains trust will put out a 5 game membership pack to coincide with Villa being here till Christmas and then watch the number get well above 10k.

This may sound like a stupid question but are they going to enforce the allocated seating for active members? This is my first year as an active member and they've allocated a seat in aisle 16 section 18...

Generally no. You may be directed to your bay during the derbies though, and you may get the odd time where a peanut will complain you are in their seat. 

• Like 1

This may sound like a stupid question but are they going to enforce the allocated seating for active members? This is my first year as an active member and they've allocated a seat in aisle 16 section 18...

Generally no. You may be directed to your bay during the derbies though, and you may get the odd time where a peanut will complain you are in their seat. 

Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards.

Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards. Youre a peanut.

Generally no. You may be directed to your bay during the derbies though, and you may get the odd time where a peanut will complain you are in their seat. Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards. Youre a peanut.

That's very mature.

Generally no. You may be directed to your bay during the derbies though, and you may get the odd time where a dumb cunt will complain you are in their seat.

Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a dumb cunt. Remember we are a family club and not the tards.

Peanut is pretty rough? Edited. Now it's a bit rough :up:

Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards.

Active area isn't for people expecting a family environment or for people who get upset over being called a peanut

• Like 4

Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards.You're a peanut.

Generally no. You may be directed to your bay during the derbies though, and you may get the odd time where a peanut will complain you are in their seat. Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards.

It is active, not cat a b or c.

You buy into active with the expectation that it isnt like anywhere else in the stadium.

I expect that if I buy into the active area with my hard earned cash and I get to the stadium and there is someone in my seat they will appreciatively move over or somewhere else if I ask them to. Remember the reason to buy a reserve seat is so that you have your seat no matter what time you want to rock up to the game.

Generally no. You may be directed to your bay during the derbies though, and you may get the odd time where a peanut will complain you are in their seat. Pretty rough saying that someone who has legitimately paid for their seat a peanut. Remember we are a family club and not the tards.

You buy into active with the expectation that it isnt like anywhere else in the stadium.

I expect that if I buy into the active area with my hard earned cash and I get to the stadium and there is someone in my seat they will appreciatively move over or somewhere else if I ask them to. Remember the reason to buy a reserve seat is so that you have your seat no matter what time you want to rock up to the game.

So what do you do if the capo or drummer or trumpet player are in your seat when you rock up 1 minute before the game?

So what do you do if the capo or drummer or trumpet player are in your seat when you rock up 1 minute before the game?

Well considering my active seating is in bay 16 I would be wondering why they would be so far away from the core of the group 

My point being some people may not be able to turn up to the game until just before it starts but nonetheless want to be apart of the active support group during the match.

Why should those people be punished for prior commitments.

If they don't rock up 10 or so minutes into the game by all means take the seat.

But if someone has that seat and turns ups with a minute to kick off I would as should most others expect to get my seat/ standing position upon request.

Well considering my active seating is in bay 16 I would be wondering why they would be so far away from the core of the group 

My point being some people may not be able to turn up to the game until just before it starts but nonetheless want to be apart of the active support group during the match.

If they don't rock up 10 or so minutes into the game by all means take the seat.

But if someone has that seat and turns ups with a minute to kick off I would as should most others expect to get my seat/ standing position upon request.

And what happens if Im in your seat 10 mins before kick off, and somebody else is in my seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat and so forth?

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 3

Why the fuck would you buy an active membership with your hard earned cash if you were concerned about having your own seat no matter what time you rock up? Seems a poor investment to me.

Mate no need to get aggressive. You need to be more clear with your argument it doesn't seem to make sense. So I will attempt to make sense of it, if you mean why would I buy an active supporter membership if I expect a seat to sit in as a poor investment when in fact at most times active supporter area is standing area, then you are correct it would be a poor investment if I wanted to sit. However with what I was trying to say is that if I turn up whether it be 2 hours before the game or one minute before the game if I pay for a seat/ section I would expect that I would be allowed to stand there if I wish to as it is what I have purchased.     

And what happens if Im in your seat 10 mins before kick off, and somebody else is in my seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat, and somebody else is in their seat and so forth?

Then you just sit on their lap ;)