Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Talking to some victory guys at the football on the weekend and one asked how many members we have (expecting to hear a low number) I told him and just got a, oh, in reply hahahahaha. He was a bit shocked and didn't know how to respond ;)

Inferiority complex, activated

this guy is a good guy and doesn;t get in big heart v victory discussions and is pretty chilled, but there's these other two guys....SO MUCH RAGE !! I swear they talk more about us than their own team. I know we all have teams we like to hate, but it's to the level that's a little unhealthy hahaha. I don;t know it they love victory or hate us more !!

There's far to many haters out there. Can't reason with them. I know a few that are unbearable. Hope we win all 3 derby's and the league, so we can silence them.

• Like 2

Talking to some victory guys at the football on the weekend and one asked how many members we have (expecting to hear a low number) I told him and just got a, oh, in reply hahahahaha. He was a bit shocked and didn't know how to respond ;)

Inferiority complex, activated this guy is a good guy and doesn;t get in big heart v victory discussions and is pretty chilled, but there's these other two guys....SO MUCH RAGE !! I swear they talk more about us than their own team. I know we all have teams we like to hate, but it's to the level that's a little unhealthy hahaha. I don;t know it they love victory or hate us more !!

There's far to many haters out there. Can't reason with them. I know a few that are unbearable. Hope we win all 3 derby's and the league, so we can silence them.

I think you find them at any club.

I for one have turned hating those bastards into an art form.

Wouldnt even wipe my own ass with anything Victory as you just cant wipe off shit with shit :lowy:

Does anybody else think these numbers are just made up bullshit? :P

I was watching over the weekend. None were added on Saturday, and possibly only a handful late on Sunday. I would suggest that these are reserved seat renewals being processed.

The counter seems to move manually for rollovers, and also automatically when a membership is renewed/taken out on-line.

We'll soon know if today's jump is real. If it is not the counter will be manually adjusted backwards.

5788. So the counter appears to be genuine.

But I'm still not clear just what it is counting. For example, does a family membership count as one or four?

I would say 4 since it takes 4 seats and they probably see it as a 4 membership 'package' and then call it a family membership at a reduced price

5788. So the counter appears to be genuine.

But I'm still not clear just what it is counting. For example, does a family membership count as one or four?

I would say 4 since it takes 4 seats and they probably see it as a 4 membership 'package' and then call it a family membership at a reduced price

A family membership would be 4(A) , 5-B or 6(GA)

Edited by schrecky

Wonder how that compares to where the Visitors were at this time last year?

What is clearly a positive trend for MCFC membership numbers would be made even better if there was a subsequent negative trend on their side.  Although I think it's more likely their numbers will increase too, albeit marginally.

Considering it's our first season under the new owners, I don't really care so much about their numbers and how close we are to them. I would expect that once we begin to string consistent and positive performances together on the park, that'll be when our numbers will jump substantially and begin to challenge their membership tally. 

• Like 1

Absolutely, results on the park will determine how much bigger our membership gets and more importantly how many of the new members stick around for years to come.

I'm a first time member of the club myself, and will be here for the long term regardless. But we won't be able to say the same for all new members if results aren't forthcoming.  

(as a long suffering 20 year member of the Bulldogs in the AFL, I think my "stickability" credentials are fairly well proven haha).  

• Like 3

Absolutely, results on the park will determine how much bigger our membership gets and more importantly how many of the new members stick around for years to come.

I'm a first time member of the club myself, and will be here for the long term regardless. But we won't be able to say the same for all new members if results aren't forthcoming.  

(as a long suffering 20 year member of the Bulldogs in the AFL, I think my "stickability" credentials are fairly well proven haha).  

We need more members signing up who have good stickability credentials such as yourself  :D

Fully agree that this year is about getting results, whilst attempting to deliver a style that can make current and potential fans want to come to matches.

If we do that, that is our chance to really grow the club's fanbase.

The big names are all good, but it needs to be something more substantial for longer term benefits to be achieved.

I presume you have watched heart play yet you haven't taken out the membership.

What has changed for you this year.

Seriously I'm just curious

Btw I'm glad you became a member.

We need more members signing up who have good stickability credentials such as yourself  :D

What? Bulldog members?

I presume you have watched heart play yet you haven't taken out the membership.

What has changed for you this year.

Seriously I'm just curious

Btw I'm glad you became a member.

Earlier in the thread these were the reasons I gave for joining this season:

• The new ownership group and connection to Man City - I completely understand the viewpoint from many that may not feel the same way, but I think this is really exciting for the football club and the A-league in general.
  • Initial signings - David Villa and Damien Duff, plus the International Marquee and Australian Marquee still to come.
  • From a personal standpoint I recently moved within walking distance to AAMI Park, so will be able to get to a lot more home games.

Honestly the last point is probably the biggest for me, especially since most of my mates aren't football fans, so attending more home games on my own is more appealing when it's only a short walk to the match.

Bulldogs should've been moved to Western Sydney and called Western Bulldogs.

North Melbourne should have been moved to Gold Coast and called Gold Coast Kangaroos.

Would still have 16 established teams instead of the rabble the AFL has become and stupid 3-way bye rounds!

Sorry, but since Melbourne Heart's inception and finally having a football club to follow, I don't really care much for AFL and it's just become frustrating to watch, which doesn't help!

North Melbourne should have been moved to Gold Coast and called Gold Coast Kangaroos.

Would still have 16 established teams instead of the rabble the AFL has become and stupid 3-way bye rounds!

Sorry, but since Melbourne Heart's inception and finally having a football club to follow, I don't really care much for AFL and it's just become frustrating to watch, which doesn't help!

I agree that the AFL has become frustrating to watch but there's no way either of those clubs should ever be relocated. 

Relocation is the ultimate slap in the face to supporters, I couldn't imagine anything worse.

Edited by Nate
  • Like 4

I'm not having any of this 'lower Melbourne clubs relocating' nonsense. Their crowd figures would still outweigh most of the A-League - the likes of North, St Kilda etc is not the reason why AFL is turning to shit.

• Like 5

Sorry, but since Melbourne Heart's inception and finally having a football club to follow, I don't really care much for AFL and it's just become frustrating to watch, which doesn't help!

Shit and uneducated post.
  • Like 6