Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

Please post the graphic only for the placard ... I'm on the non TV side but I will print some out for my area

Just pick one up at the ground mate. We will be handing them out on the concourse and in the park. Not being on the TV side won't stop us giving you a placard by any means! We simply encourage those who ARE TV side to get involved.

If I print out my own (and a few extra) that will be more for you guys to hand out to others

• Like 1

Please post the graphic only for the placard ... I'm on the non TV side but I will print some out for my area

Just pick one up at the ground mate. We will be handing them out on the concourse and in the park. Not being on the TV side won't stop us giving you a placard by any means! We simply encourage those who ARE TV side to get involved.

If I print out my own (and a few extra) that will be more for you guys to hand out to others

Feel free mate! Love the enthusiasm!

1 volunteer so far to hand out placards. Anymore takers? It won't take too long out of your evening and you will be able to watch the full match! Cheers

Where about are the cards going to be given out?

Details just being finalised now but just around the stadium and Goschs paddock etc.

happy to where we meet and what time cheers

Melbourne Heart fans will head along to Harry Kewell's final match on Saturday not knowing whether they're farewelling their team as well.

Heart cannot make the finals, making their Saturday date with Western Sydney their last game of the season before a Manchester City-backed renovation of the club.

If they don't win on Saturday Heart will finish as the league's bottom club.

A name change to Melbourne City - not confirmed by the club but backed up by a trademark application - and a switch to the sky blue of their Mancunian parent club are on the cards.

Without any firm decisions made, at least not publicly, Heart's most passionate fans have been left unsure and plan to again protest a potential switch at the game.

The "Yarraside" and "Red and White Unite" fan group has been one of the most vocal against the switch, with banners and chants aimed at the club's new hierarchy.

On Saturday, 2500 printed signs saying "Keep Melbourne Red and White" will be distributed amongst the crowd following an online crowdfunding campaign.

It's a pickle for Heart's new owners, who hope to massively grow the club's popularity in the future.

Heart average just 7,000 fans to each home match not including the Melbourne derby.

But club suits should enjoy a bumper crowd on Saturday to farewell Australian football royalty.

Kewell has not shown his best form or fitness for Heart since making his return to the A-League at the start of the season but has been embraced by the club.

Named captain by John Aloisi, Kewell is often cited as a major influence both on and off the field by Heart players.

His last goal for the club came as a substitute in the Melbourne derby, capping a spectacular 4-0 win over Victory, his former club.

Kewell has not played since announcing his retirement two weeks ago, ending his career against the side that represents his birthplace, Western Sydney.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/kewells-farewell-could-be-heart-swansong-20140408-36b15.html

• Like 6

Melbourne Heart fans will head along to Harry Kewell's final match on Saturday not knowing whether they're farewelling their team as well.

Heart cannot make the finals, making their Saturday date with Western Sydney their last game of the season before a Manchester City-backed renovation of the club.

A name change to Melbourne City - not confirmed by the club but backed up by a trademark application - and a switch to the sky blue of their Mancunian parent club are on the cards.

Without any firm decisions made, at least not publicly, Heart's most passionate fans have been left unsure and plan to again protest a potential switch at the game.

The "Yarraside" and "Red and White Unite" fan group has been one of the most vocal against the switch, with banners and chants aimed at the club's new hierarchy.

On Saturday, 2500 printed signs saying "Keep Melbourne Red and White" will be distributed amongst the crowd following an online crowdfunding campaign.

It's a pickle for Heart's new owners, who hope to massively grow the club's popularity in the future.

Heart average just 7,000 fans to each home match not including the Melbourne derby.

But club suits should enjoy a bumper crowd on Saturday to farewell Australian football royalty.

Kewell has not shown his best form or fitness for Heart since making his return to the A-League at the start of the season but has been embraced by the club.

Named captain by John Aloisi, Kewell is often cited as a major influence both on and off the field by Heart players.

His last goal for the club came as a substitute in the Melbourne derby, capping a spectacular 4-0 win over Victory, his former club.

Kewell has not played since announcing his retirement two weeks ago, ending his career against the side that represents his birthplace, Western Sydney.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/kewells-farewell-could-be-heart-swansong-20140408-36b15.html

Nice publicity!  :clap:

Nice publicity!  :clap:

Same article has just been posted to the SBS website! Nice!

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/04/08/kewells-farewell-could-be-heart-swansong

I think it'd be a good idea if we decide on specific times where everyone picks these placards up and displays the high on top of our heads for like a minute or two because it will look better when done in unison.

For example, if we ALL held them up ON Kick-Off, on the 15min mark, 30min mark & 45min mark (considering there will probably be a 1min injury time) then at least we can all be seen to be in sync!

Then repeat again in the second half, On Kick-Off, 60min mark, 75min mark & 90min mark until the full time whistle...

What do you guys think?

Agree with this.

I think the issue will have decent attention going into the game though, so supporters won't have to raise placards every 15 minutes to get the point across. I also think that the best way to get as many Premium A, Premium B and General Admission supporters involved as possible is to only raise the placards together a few times, like during So Happy Together, at 45 minutes and at 90 minutes.

I also think that will enable supporters to give Harry Kewell his due send off in his farewell match, by possibly making noise for him when he walks out onto the pitch (as it's been reported that there will be a guard of honour from both teams for Kewell), at the 10th minute and when he gets substituted in the second half (which is bound to happen). If Harry Kewell doesn't get his due send off because of frequent demonstrating for the Keep the Red and White campaign, then that could conceivably garner bad media coverage and hurt the campaign and the delivery of the message.

So because there will be a few different balls that supporters will have to juggle on Saturday, I agree that activities for the day should be planned out in advance, with activities being scheduled for specific times.

• Like 1

Here we go lads!

The article I mentioned from 89th Minute is out and about! Let me know what you reckon:

http://89thminute.co.uk/2014/04/08/will-manchester-city-rip-the-heart-from-the-a-league/

The lads have also tweeted it out to FoxSports and the like so hopefully we garner some more attention from this.

Top article, well done on getting it out there.

Both of those articles are great. Especially that 89th minute one, he really talked up the league in general. Good stuff KM.

Also agree with you Murfy about organising the activities properly. There's a few things that i think need to be clear to the wider fan base and the media on the day. We aren't doing this to drown out Harry's farewell or to make it less important and i also think it is important to make clear that we aren't against Manchester City and we are grateful and honoured to be in the position we are in we simply don't want them to change our colours.

I can assure you that the Keep the Red and White team is working behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoothly. 

When will you be sharing the specifics so we're all *nsync?

My proposed Itinerary:

- Hold placards up when "So Happy Together" is played

- Clap on the 10min mark for Harry Kewell

- Hold placards up at 45min mark until half-time whistle

- Clap when Harry Kewell is subbed off

- Hold placards up

- Clap when Shinji Ono is subbed off

- Hold placards up

- Clap when Hoffman is subbed off

- Hold placards up on the 90th minute for 1 minute

- Clap from the full-time whistle for every Heart player who won't be playing for Heart next season.

I can assure you that the Keep the Red and White team is working behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoothly. 

When will you be sharing the specifics so we're all *nsync?

My proposed Itinerary:

- Hold placards up when "So Happy Together" is played

- Clap on the 10min mark for Harry Kewell

- Hold placards up at 45min mark until half-time whistle

- Clap when Harry Kewell is subbed off

- Hold placards up

- Clap when Shinji Ono is subbed off

- Hold placards up

- Clap when Hoffman is subbed off

- Hold placards up on the 90th minute for 1 minute

- Clap from the full-time whistle for every Heart player who won't be playing for Heart next season.

Just a heads up, i will also be standing up and clapping for every goal Harry scores, but especially the final one for his hat trick, which i predict will be a header.

10245288_10154016629055111_8640381798352

Placards arrived this afternoon. Quality is fantastic  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:

Was not expecting them to arrive so soon, great turn round,

Will put details up later of how people can help hand them out on the day and when to hold them up.

Have also attached the file here for anyone else who wants to print more off :up:

LOL, I've reached by "likes" quota for today so :up:  :up:  :up:

Might nail one of these to the bedroom wall and see if the missus notices what I bought using her PayPal account :P

• Like 1

Placards arrived this afternoon. Quality is fantastic :clap::clap::clap:

Will put details up later of how people can help hand them out on the day and when to hold them up.

Have also attached the file here for anyone else who wants to print more off :up:

LOL, I've reached by "likes" quota for today so :up::up::up:

Might nail one of these to the bedroom wall and see if the missus notices what I bought using her PayPal account :P

Love it!

Can everybody who grabs a placard please follow this lead and either take them home or pop it in a recycling bin.

• Like 1

Placards arrived this afternoon. Quality is fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL, I've reached by "likes" quota for today so :up: :up: :up:

Love it!

Can everybody who grabs a placard please follow this lead and either take them home or pop it in a recycling bin.

No way, I'm hanging on to mine just in case the City group don't listen to us and I'll bring it next year!

• Like 3

Placards arrived this afternoon. Quality is fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL, I've reached by "likes" quota for today so :up: :up: :up:

Love it!

No way, I'm hanging on to mine just in case the City group don't listen to us and I'll bring it next year! Same here...keeping it for the fridge......screw the magnets, I think I got a tube of liquid nails in the shed

Placards arrived this afternoon. Quality is fantastic  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:

Incredible work FB.

I hope that my comments have not come across as me being against this campaign, because I am certainly not. Either way regardless of our difference in opinions on this issue, I applaud your (and others) efforts. Truly remarkable. Well done mate.