Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

Yo FB, pop this link in the first post too. It is a collection of images for use on social networking, anyone can add their own images too for others to use. I will be making more as i get spare time, I'm no graphic designer but i know my way around photoshop so if anyone has suggestions let me know.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9OlKjr_Io-bYzNoeFpTcDAwRTQ

Guys still in the olden days here in regards to some of this technology, but will kick in to pay pal once I find "my" details.

A couple of points:

1.  I just sent off to the club a (if may be so bold) a well argued letter poniting out my opposition to any colour changes and my concern about the lack of promised consultation.

2. I'm not a twitter head but if we are going down that road (and I think its a good idea for those that use it) can I suggest that someone promotes our campaign on the Cardiff and Hull City sites?  Both clubs will surely have supporters who will want to show solidarity. 

This is the time to take to the trenches.  We wait and see and we will be ignored.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 2

If we can get some 'allies' (For lack of a better word) it would be good, no matter what league their club is from. King Malta is already getting some Arsenal fans on our side, and even though associating with Cardiff supporters isn't my favourite thing to do, this issue transcends such a thing :P

If we can get some 'allies' (For lack of a better word) it would be good, no matter what league their club is from. King Malta is already getting some Arsenal fans on our side, and even though associating with Cardiff supporters isn't my favourite thing to do, this issue transcends such a thing :P

Haha. I reckon we need to get The Cove on board too, they will surely be behind this.

• Like 1

Guys still in the olden days here in regards to some of this technology, but will kick in to pay pal once I find "my" details.

A couple of points:

1.  I just sent off to the club a (if may be so bold) a well argued letter poniting out my opposition to any colour changes and my concern about the lack of promised consultation.

2. I'm not a twitter head but if we are going down that road (and I think its a good idea for those that use it) can I suggest that someone promotes our campaign on the Cardiff and Hull City sites?  Both clubs will surely have supporters who will want to show solidarity. 

This is the time to take to the trenches.  We wait and see and we will be ignored.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil - in our case, MCFC actually talking and consulting with members about proposed changes. Say nothing and the impression will be that there aren't any passionate supporters at HeartFC and that we'll take any medicine that's dished out.

Haha. I reckon we need to get The Cove on board too, they will surely be behind this.

Great to see the passion from people here but I strongly doubt you'd see the cove getting involved with our trials and tribulations whether it's their teams colours or not.

Incidentally if MCFC are monitoring this thread we'd appreciate some reassurance from the admin regarding our colours, we could then spend the money raised in a more hopeful way celebrating the end of season horribilis and welcome the upcoming changes.

Perhaps David Lyon as our fan engagement manager could shed some light? He has been a helpful contributor every so often on this forum.

I certainly think it's important to get the word out in the greater community.

I don't think a lot of people outside of those directly interested in the A-League are aware of what's happening and that would almost make it easier for City to make these changes as there's no real spotlight on them right now, not even from our media who seem to be happy to let them do whatever they please. I shot off a message to the "No To Hull Tigers" group on Twitter to see if they'll help and the article I mentioned in the other thread is in the process of being written up and should be out early next week.

All we can really do is make as much noise as possible and hope someone listens.

I don't think a lot of people outside of those directly interested in the A-League are aware of what's happening and that would almost make it easier for City to make these changes as there's no real spotlight on them right now, not even from our media who seem to be happy to let them do whatever they please. I shot off a message to the "No To Hull Tigers" group on Twitter to see if they'll help and the article I mentioned in the other thread is in the process of being written up and should be out early next week.

All we can really do is make as much noise as possible and hope someone listens.

It seems like something Cardiff City fans could sympathize with us about. Every little thing counts really, even just making others aware, even if they aren't interested in the A-League, could go a long way.

It seems like something Cardiff City fans could sympathize with us about. Every little thing counts really, even just making others aware, even if they aren't interested in the A-League, could go a long way.

You're certainly right, would be worth reaching out to them.

In modern football I think everyone can feel sympathy for a small club like ourselves being bought out by one of the oil-clubs and being basically forced to mimic their name/colours. Too many owners have been taking ridiculous liberties with football clubs in recent times

You're certainly right, would be worth reaching out to them.

In modern football I think everyone can feel sympathy for a small club like ourselves being bought out by one of the oil-clubs and being basically forced to mimic their name/colours. Too many owners have been taking ridiculous liberties with football clubs in recent times

Isn't someone on here a Cardiff fan? Maybe they can? If not, I will do it (Putting my dislike of them aside :P )

Exactly, even though we have only been around for a short amount of time it doesn't make our feelings and our attachments to the colours of this club any less valid.

What are AAMi Park's rules in regard to banners/two-sticks? Planning on making one and bringing it to the game to help out the cause

Go ahead mate, the more banners the better :up:

Fwiw;

Flags and Banners Policy

Flag poles exceeding 1.6 metre in length are considered prohibited items and are not permitted into the Stadium. Such flag poles must either be surrendered and cloaked or taken back to the patron’s vehicle.

The following items are also not permitted into the Stadium;

• Large banners taking up more than the patron’s seat
  • Flags and banners that may cause offence
  • Flags or banners that conflict with Stadium or event sponsors

A hirer may also impose further restrictions on the types of permitted flags or banner

http://www.aamipark.com.au/arriving-and-access/conditions-of-entry/

Edited by FB.

I had made my Superdave banner specifically within AAMI's size regulations but was not allowed in, was told to take the poles out and bin them. In the end went to the membership tent and one of the girls brought it in for me and called when she was on the ground and handed it over the fence to me. I guess mine was a player fan banner so I'm guessing one with a certain agenda may not get approved.. You may have more luck just bringing in the banner w/o poles under your top...

Edited by heartrate

Good luck lads.. To be honest I don´t think anyone outside the CFG board have a clue what the decision on colours will be or even if they are regarded as part of the marketing brand.
That the New York team became blue was also by popular choice given that the two other notable soccer teams in that area was red and green/yellow

Make sure they know what the popular choice is in Melbourne.. ;)

• Like 1

We should approach The Cove.  I would, but I'm not on social media (what does it do again?) so it would be pointless.

Whilst we and Sydney are not natural allies, we both have something to lose if Heart adopted THEIR colours.  They would surely not want to be referred to as "one of the sky blues" or "the original sky blues" or the NSW sky blues" or any other silly combination.  

At worst they will just tell us to f$%^ off (no harm done) but at best they will get on board.

Okay guys. Time to get serious. Now that we are approaching our last game for the season, we really have to make our voices even louder. Use the hashtag, contact those pesky journos who keep insisting we will have to sacrifice so much. Whether you are willing to accept a change in name and/or colours or not, this campaign is about what we as supporters WANT. Become that squeaky wheel. Make your voice heard. #KeepTheRedAndWhite