Melbourne Football

Matchday 18: vs Perth Glory @ Lavington Sports Oval - Sunday 9th February - 3pm EDT

Nate

Great to win! But im pretty sure we were rather average! Perth were still on the otherside of the country i think. Williams super sub :D

Rather average but we have to give them credit for playing on a 40+ degree heat. I wonder where would we have been had we had JVS at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Tony999

So I'm guessing there was minimum security at the gates with those 2 flares going off? Haha

Security flew from all directions after the first one. Pulled the wrong bloke out. Stupid.

Absolute fuckwittery to rip a flare in this weather though.

What was it like with security while entering through the gates before KO?

Given that there's a fair few fires, especially near my home town, the flares were pretty stupid. But other than that it was a good win in extremely difficult circumstances. Hope it doesn't have too much of a negative effect on the boys recovery considering we travel to wellington next weekend. 

• Like 1

Positives:

Fluent passing football with good movement and structure in the first half.

Good fitness, every other season we would have faded before the end of the game

100 minutes of effort

First game since Round 2 that we scored first

Scored again from a set piece

Mauk

Negatives:

Hoff

sat too deep towards the end

Flares - what a stupid stupid thing to do when half the state is on fire.

Anyone know the attendance?

• Like 6

Happy with the game overall. I ended up watching from the couch on account of the late kick off. Disappointed as I have been looking forward to this road trip for awhile now. Anyway, how were the burrito's in Albury? Because the ones here were sensational.

The only disappointment for me was the way we allowed Perth to hold the ball each time after we scored. The hopeful long ball made it's comeback and we looked to be all over the place.

However, it is so good to be back to expecting to win and being disappointed, rather than resigned, when things don't go right.

Well done lads and on to Wellington.

Positives:

Fluent passing football with good movement and structure in the first half.

Good fitness, every other season we would have faded before the end of the game

100 minutes of effort

First game since Round 2 that we scored first

Scored again from a set piece

Mauk

Negatives:

Hoff

Flares - what a stupid stupid thing to do when half the state is on fire.

Anyone know the attendance?

What happens if you're caught with a flare when trying to enter?

Negatives:

The only disappointment for me was the way we allowed Perth to hold the ball each time after we scored. The hopeful long ball made it's comeback and we looked to be all over the place.

Only negative really from the second coming of JVS. Gone is the long balls from the keeper hoping for second balls to start our attack. We now actually play it out from the back. JVS is still very cautious when in front though, always sitting back to protect the lead, especially away from home.

• Like 1

Probably the shittest quality game of football I've ever seen but tremendous character by the lads, undefeated in 4 now!

Another massive positive I noticed was the number of people I saw prior to the game with ordinary gear on leaving with Heart shirts, nice one.

As for the flares, well... whilst atmospheric it's pretty damn stupid to rip one when you consider the punishments the FFA have been handing out clubs and supporters alike for anti-social behaviour and it was ESPECIALLY stupid to do it on a day where weather conditions couldn't be worse.

Great job though Melbourne Heart and fuck me, it was nice only to have a 10 minute road-trip for once  :lol:

• Like 3

The weather distracted from the spectacle but we were easily the better side.  To me i think Lowe's comments about the weather really put his team in the wrong mind set and they were well off the pace (He should have said nothing publicly and left it to Sage and the CEO to bring up the matter) starting that unacclimatisied Lithuanian was pretty stupid too - the bloke never got out of a walk.

PS Best wishes to everyone getting home safely.  Understand the Hume was closed earlier.

Probably the shittest quality game of football I've ever seen but tremendous character by the lads, undefeated in 4 now!

Another massive positive I noticed was the number of people I saw prior to the game with ordinary gear on leaving with Heart shirts, nice one.

As for the flares, well... whilst atmospheric it's pretty damn stupid to rip one when you consider the punishments the FFA have been handing out clubs and supporters alike for anti-social behaviour and it was ESPECIALLY stupid to do it on a day where weather conditions couldn't be worse.

Great job though Melbourne Heart and fuck me, it was nice only to have a 10 minute road-trip for once :lol:

Great job though Melbourne Heart and fuck me, it was nice only to have a 10 minute road-trip for once :lol:

Where does one go on a Sunday night in Albury?

• Like 1

Home.

• Like 2

Home...  ;)

• Like 1

Home.

Beat me to it ahahaha!

• Like 1

Another massive positive I noticed was the number of casuals I saw prior to the game with ordinary gear on leaving with Heart shirts, nice one.