Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

I'm going to put it out there and say Mooy would be equal to if not better than some of our current midfield in the Socceroos squad: Milligan, McKay, Troisi, Oar and Luongo. And I'll also go as far as saying Jedinak hasn't been good enough in my eyes, for a player playing in the Premier League and captain of the national team, I reckon Mooy could seriously give his position a shake.

• Like 1

Can't reveal my source, but basically NY are obviously searching for an entire squad worth of players, and given MLS teams have 8 foreign player slots on average, him being a foreigner isn't a big deal, and his performances have caught the eye of NY people while they were watching Villa play. Apparently Villa put in a good word for him too, as basically being the only guy along with Duff that can play.

Can't reveal my source, but basically NY are obviously searching for an entire squad worth of players, and given MLS teams have 8 foreign player slots on average, him being a foreigner isn't a big deal, and his performances have caught the eye of NY people while they were watching Villa play. Apparently Villa put in a good word for him too, as basically being the only guy along with Duff that can play.

Tesla.......go and play in traffic

Hypothetically speaking to those happy with CFG in charge, how would you react if they decided to pluck him out of our already struggling squad and send him to NYC?

It would be disappointing, however if it is about furthering mooys exposure too better competition thus giving him more chance to make Socceroos squad then I would accept it. But if he never made Socceroos squad then would be a massive disappointment.

Hypothetically speaking to those happy with CFG in charge, how would you react if they decided to pluck him out of our already struggling squad and send him to NYC?

That's the interesting question, because in the Melbourne Heart days no one was too concerned when we sold a player on and collected some $$$ that we desperately needed. Really, Melbourne City is in a better position in that they have the $$$ already, without a guarantee that any player leaves, but with the chance that NY, or maybe even Man City for a promising young player, could take a player at some point.

For some reason, it seems worse even though it's better :hmm:

Depends if Mooy himself actually gets a say in the matter.

Of course he would have a say, and most likely he would take it as it's a higher quality league.

I'm going to put it out there and say Mooy would be equal to if not better than some of our current midfield in the Socceroos squad: Milligan, McKay, Troisi, Oar and Luongo. And I'll also go as far as saying Jedinak hasn't been good enough in my eyes, for a player playing in the Premier League and captain of the national team, I reckon Mooy could seriously give his position a shake.

Serious? If we didn't have MJ in DM butchering every kent who comes in reach of him our results would have been even worse in recent times. If the guy could make pass longer than two metres he would be in the top bracket of DM's. Alas he has 0 passing ability.

• Like 1

Serious? If we didn't have MJ in DM butchering every kent who comes in reach of him our results would have been even worse in recent times. If the guy could make pass longer than two metres he would be in the top bracket of DM's. Alas he has 0 passing ability.

Completely agree.

I hope we see Jedinak replicate his amazing EPL form for the national team soon though, he hasn't quite reached that level yet imo.

That makes more sense. He has never been able to pass a ball and he never will be able to. I think he plays to a similar level for the NT as in the PL. He creates fuck all going forward for Palace as well. His outstanding defensive work stands out more at palace as his team generally has about 10% possession for game. Is a classic belt the opposing AM out of the game and lay it off sideways style DM.

Wouldn't be an issue if he had players ahead of him who can create. Which he doesn't for the NT unless Bresciano is doing something. Nails the shit out of pens though.

On a slightly related note due to playing style, I still miss Shroj. Every fucker slagged him off but was still the only DM we've had that genuinely played as one. Used to love watching him butcher blokes on the half way line in season 1 and 2 when the rest of our midfield were still around the 18 yard box and the defence stretched to each corner of the field. Just a shame he had a penchant for passing the ball directly back to the player he'd just hacked once he won the tackle.