Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

Personally I am happy he has stayed within the group

If he is going to be with us pre-season, you never know what will happen. It is an opportunity for him that I hope he grabs, because it will reflect well on the A League and may encourage more people to invest in it.

• Like 1

Personally I can't see Mooy breaking into the Man City XI under pep. The fact that no transfer figure has been announced also has me worried, I know it seems strange, and would literally be transferring funds from one of CFG's bank accounts to another. I'd be interested in the specifics on the deal's futures ie if Mooy is sold to another club, how much gets kicked back to us. To me it still feels like we are getting little out of this deal, so hoping there are some big (not Cahill) marquee announcements coming up.

7 minutes ago, morphine said:

How can everyone be okay with fucking Manchester cherry picking him? 

After stripping us of our identity they've now pillaged our best ever player. For what? Nothing.

I fucking hate Man City. 

Hangon. He's been signed for an undisclosed fee. 

He was going to Europe anyway and it really doesn't matter to whom. But more than likely we will get a bigger transfer fee than any other club would have paid afterall it's all internal accounting. 

12 minutes ago, morphine said:

After stripping us of our identity they've now pillaged our best ever player. For what? Nothing.

I fucking hate Man City. 

Wasn't he going to go overseas anyway?

Doesnt this give him security being under the CFG umbrella?

Isnt this better for us for when he decides to come back to Australia to play? 

If if you answered yes for these questions then you can't be as mad as your making out. 

44 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Hangon. He's been signed for an undisclosed fee. 

He was going to Europe anyway and it really doesn't matter to whom. But more than likely we will get a bigger transfer fee than any other club would have paid afterall it's all internal accounting. 

Obviously I can understand Melbourne supporters being upset he is leaving. However, as you say he was leaving anyway, so I am happy he is staying within the group. By doing this, he can potentially return to Melbourne at some point in his career.

39 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So please football manager players correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe his time at Bolton makes him home grown in England?

If he was there for three years it should do

49 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So please football manager players correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe his time at Bolton makes him home grown in England?

In my professional opinion (132 hours FM12, 226 hours FM13, 343 hours FM14, 288 hours FM15, 163 hours FM16), yes.

But being home grown to the nation isn't that valuable, being home grown to the club is the golden ticket.

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Still early morning, I can tell you from just running the melburnians Facebook the time of day you post makes a massive difference to the number of people it reaches.

Ah,  I should have realised.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/welcome-aaron-mooy.322888/

Man City supporters discussing Mooy on their forum

Not going to bother, I know it will just be a bunch of posts that he isn't good enough for the Man City first team by the same people who probably thought England would actually beat Iceland :droy: 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Obviously I can understand Melbourne supporters being upset he is leaving. However, as you say he was leaving anyway, so I am happy he is staying within the group. By doing this, he can potentially return to Melbourne at some point in his career.

If he was there for three years it should do

Not at all mate. Well done to Mooysie and hope the cards fall his way and he makes a real impact in europe. If however he wanted to leave after one season (which under JVS would have been a temptation) then i may not be so accepting. 

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

In my professional opinion (132 hours FM12, 226 hours FM13, 343 hours FM14, 288 hours FM15, 163 hours FM16), yes.

But being home grown to the nation isn't that valuable, being home grown to the club is the golden ticket.

Not for Premier League registration rules. Doesn't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Not going to bother, I know it will just be a bunch of posts that he isn't good enough for the Man City first team by the same people who probably thought England would actually beat Iceland :droy: 

Understandable assumption. From what I read the majority are interested in the move and keen for him to have a go at least for training and preseason. 

2 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Not for Premier League registration rules. Doesn't make a difference.

In the Premier League you need 8 homegrown in the nation.

In the CL you need 4 homegrown at the club and 4 homegrown in the nation.

So if you meet the CL requirements, you meet the Premier League requirements. But if you meet the Premier League requirements, you don't necessarily meet the CL requirements.

So the CL requirements is the issue, hence my comment.

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

In the Premier League you need 8 homegrown in the nation.

In the CL you need 4 homegrown at the club and 4 homegrown in the nation.

So if you meet the CL requirements, you meet the Premier League requirements. But if you meet the Premier League requirements, you don't necessarily meet the CL requirements.

So the CL requirements is the issue, hence my comment.

And what a fat lot if help 8 home grown rule for the premiere league is helping the English team

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

3BwJ5cO.jpg

Going to leave a big hole in the club.

2 hours ago, morphine said:

I fucking hate Man City. 

I actually thought he might go last offseason, and it was certain he'd go this offseason. I've had an entire farewell season where I knew he was gone at the end of it. I don't think Manchester pillaged him because he was going to leave anyway.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

You must of had a good team going in FM14

2 hours ago, morphine said:

It must be pretty baller being the overseer of all things City-fan related hey. 

Im jealous of all the power you have. Was it a hard slog working up to the position you're in?

Had to murder a couple of people along the way, season one of house of cards really helped get my A game though. (The key to success is breaking the 4th wall)

tbh @Embee is top dog anyway im just the one with the biggest ego 

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 6

I note that no fee has been mentioned. Presumably undisclosed. But I do have a question - is it possible to do an exchange of players? That is we send them Mooy and they send us another player that maybe older but the equal of Mooy? Hence no monies are exchanged between clubs but thoroughbreds do swap places.

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Had to murder a couple of people along the way, season one of house of cards really helped get my A game though. (The key to success is breaking the 4th wall)

tbh @Embee is top dog anyway im just the one with the biggest ego 

Murder is OK but how many did you have to sleep with?

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

I note that no fee has been mentioned. Presumably undisclosed. But I do have a question - is it possible to do an exchange of players? That is we send them Mooy and they send us another player that maybe older but the equal of Mooy? Hence no monies are exchanged between clubs but thoroughbreds do swap places.

That is my concern. As far as I can see it wasn't even 'transferred for an undisclosed fee'. By mutual agreement they could have cancelled Mooy's contract with Melbourne and then given him a Manchester contract - no fee.

Bratten and Caceras are still Manchester players just here on loan

16 minutes ago, Deeming said:

That is my concern. As far as I can see it wasn't even 'transferred for an undisclosed fee'. By mutual agreement they could have cancelled Mooy's contract with Melbourne and then given him a Manchester contract - no fee.

Bratten and Caceras are still Manchester players just here on loan

TBH I don't see that it matters very much. I'm sure that CFG and the local accounts of both clubs are under intense scrutiny by whoever makes up the rules and that we're complying with whatever we have to comply with. Even if a fee is involved it's only moving money from one CFG account to another.

Edited by jw1739

It really doesn't matter.

Mooy was gone anyway.

If we received a transfer fee from another club it would have just meant CFG need to put less into Melbourne City.

In the end it all works out pretty much the same, I'm sure CFG are just putting it down on paper as whatever works best for tax purposes or FFP purposes or similar.