Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs Perth Glory Friday 9:45EST

kingofhearts

As far as Kewell goes, we cannot continue to play him in our team and the reason is because he is a passenger when it comes to defending.. Yes his good on the ball and he has vision, skill and a decent shot but football is a 2 way street the team collectively must defend and attack as a unit.. Kewell does not win his own ball, doesn't make tackles and doesn't put pressure on the opposition. So we attack with 10 players and defend with 9 and we wonder why we are copping goals left, right and centre.. All the other A-League teams no this and they take advantage every time !!!!

Can't wait to get down to training this week and get right into these lazy cunts called 'players'

You think the abuse you got from the perth crowd was bad, wait till i get down there after a couple of beers.

Should forefit the rest of the season, players contracts torn up and money from them donated to charity. Munn, Sidwell and Diluca to be blacklisted from the club.

We won't even get 5k next week for our 100th game. Fucking what a waste of time you have been Melbourne Heart. 

And btw, if heart hq feel the need to send us out another letter telling us how hard there trying to fix heart up, they can shove it up there ass.

• Like 1

Disgraceful performance. Utterly disgraceful.

Folks are knocking Harry Kewell. At least he showed some quality out there.

The rest of the starting 11 don't look up to A League standard and should be moved on.

McAllister. Good grief.  Two yellow cards in a matter of minutes after he came on.

After the game, when interviewed and asked about this John van 't Schip was not happy about this at all.

I wonder if McAllister will be given another game?

By the way, whose decision was it to not keep Adrian Zahra?

We are so incredibly bad.

We actually played alright for 60 minutes yesterday. We created some decent chances, defended slidly and kept the ball mostly on the ground. Then we capitulated. 

Zahra's goal was quality and I'd be doing backflips too. He played off the hesistancy of our players to commit to the tackle and made us pay. Smeltz's goals were two excellent finishes. If any of our players were good enough to get into those positions to begin with they still would have missed the goals completely.

Our confidence is non-existent, and the only way I can see us getting it back is injecting some youthful exuberance from players that have something to prove and still believe they can do it. 

Changes need to be made. Redmayne, as much as I like him, has continually put in shit shifts and deserves to be dropped. My hesitancy is that Velaphi is not the answer, we already know that, and I have no idea about the quality of the youth guys. I know Bray was in the mix for the number 2 position, but as far as I can tell he is playing as a sub at NYL which doesn't bode well for his future. If he or Stevanja are decent chances of being a player though I'd like to see them in the squad. 

Hoffman and Behich are putting in similiar performances to eachother. I've generally enjoyed watching Hoffman these last few weeks. He is the one player that has started to grow and while he stills makes some major errors (Zahra goal) generally he has been solid. Unlike most of the squad I feel like he has atleast earnt his spot in the side, however he shouldn't be at the club next season.

To me Wielaert is a nothing player. He isn't particularly strong defensively and I don't think he offers much going the other way. Kisnorbo makes an impact, good or bad and Gerhardt while clumsy has endeavour and intercepts well. I want Vrankovic to replace Wielaert when he gets back. Gerhardts game was ok up until that Smeltz goal. 

Behich is crap now. He is a shadow of the player he once was. I remember when Aloisi first took over Behich became less and less attacking, and he is now just as dangerous as Hoffman, and as solid defensively. I want the Aziz back who took on players and had a go. Atm he is a timid guy with pace that continually turns it over and makes atleast one major defensive blunder a match. I want to drop him. Surely someone like Mitchinson can offer something more.

I likie Kalmar in this deeper role. I've often wondered after seeing guys like Hutchinson and Malik drop deep to offer that passing option out of defence why we didn't do it, and I'm glad Kalmar is in the role. He does still turn it over and sometimes rushes but I feel he is suffering from a lack of options to pass to more than anything. One of the few players that held his own last night. 

Murdocca similarly was solid last night, as always. At least I feel our central midifeld pairing is adequate atm. 

Ramsay was pathetic, overhitting passes and generally struggling to get involved. Thats two weeks now where he has almost played as a central mid, but doesn't find enough of the ball nor use it well enough to justify it. Was also playing on the side (with Behich) that I felt conceded most of their attacks. Davies (who is exactly what Walker would be had we maintained the faith in him) was almost always free to do as he pleased on that side of the ground. 

Dugandzic was slightly more promising than Ramsay, and then he wasted that chance. That was inexcusably. For a professional footballer who trains multiple times a week to have a shot in space, under no direct pressure from a defender or keeper, with enough time to play the ball infront of himself so he can properly line it up and still miss the target is a disgrace. He should have been taken off right then and there. That was a pathetic effort. I do rate Dugandzic, but this season like Behich there have barely been flickers of the player he was two seasons ago. It's actually really sad. 

Mifsud was ineffectual again, but he looks so much better on the wings. If we insist on keeping him around for the rest of the season I would like to see him played as a winger. His finishing is shithouse and we may as well use his pace on the wings where he should find more space. He has a better touch than Ramsay at least. 

Kewell was decent, if he had decent players around him we could see some great link up play, but unfortunately that isn't the case. His freekicks need to be addressed though, I'm sick of the seeing the skim along the ground into whoever is standing infront of him. 

Williams came on and tried to get involved. I was happy with that substitution. He has shown that he can do some beautiful crosses to put players in very dangerous scoring opportunities, if only they could finish. See his cross to Dugandzic in the derby, and his cross to DMac yesterday. 

Dmac was shite. I'm all for being keen to get involved and have a physical presence but he was clumsy as fuck and a red card was the last thing we needed. For us to carefully nurture him back to fitness over the course of 4 months only for him to get sent off within 10 minutes is bullshit, and we desperately need to come to a mutual termination of his contract. He is not the man to help our club, and we need to use his spot on someone who could. 

And last night shows just how laughable statements like "we will not be active this transfer window as we are content with the squad" or "we #believe we can still make finals" or any shit like that shows that under the current ownership they will continue to treat us like idiots. 

God I hope this change of owndership goes through, as I feel that for many of us supporters it is the only thing that makes us think it'll be alright. Much like the Aloisi sacking, we are all praying that once the trigger is pulled we can start to improve. I fear that if the sale does fall through many of our supporters are going to finally put this club in the too hard basket, and it's very easy to see why. 

Heart are the best in the comp at giving you nothing back. Last night was a reaffirmation of this.

• Like 3

LIKE A lot of your points The Aardvark but just on Kalmar. Yes he can hold the ball, he does appear to have a football brain but is slow and turns into trouble trying to beat a couple of guys and then coughs it up in a dangerous area for us. Compare to Broich who is quicker, knows where danger is and can turn out of danger to find space and lay off a pass. Honestly, chalk and cheese.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for those that have young kids that are dragged through this bullshit.

Don't worry. My boys have only known football as turning up to a match to watch baffling refereeing decisions and a football team that has no clue, with supporters who turn up loyally each week to laugh, sigh, groan, and comment about how poor their side is.

But there is always next year...

My kids only 10 weeks old so so he won't remember this season ever happened :)

Sadly or is that fortunately, I did not get to watch the game as I was doing a pub crawl last night. So I can't really comment on the performance BUT I am not surprised at the results (I thought that the heat will wear them down). However what is dissappointing is that JvS basically stuck with the same line up as last week with the exception of Mauk who became unavailable due to international duties. that is, a forced change. I thought that maybe JvS  would have made at least one other change (for me Ramsay should have been sent to the NYL as he was the least effective player IMO) and bring in Garuccio. I can accept that he did not want to make wholesale changes but surely two changes should have been contemplated and enacted.

The other things is that some people in this forum thought that D-Mac should be tried to see whether he could score. I think that we can now safely discount that option. And yes, if his contract is up for renewal at the end of the season then MH should not do so.

Bring walker in on right back. Play Hoffman as a striker and see what happens. Get rid of Ramsey play garuccio instead. Put mauk on for 55 minutes of the game and then sub him for murdocca. Play vrankovic in place of gerhardt.

................Redmayne.................

Walker..wielart..vrankovic..Behich

..................Kalmar.....................

..........Mauk.........Kewell............

Williams.......................Garrucio

.................Hoffman...................

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Everything has been said so won't repeat.

One telling point that I haven't seen mentioned...not a single one of our match-day squad yesterday is the product of our youth team. That's a shameful indictment of how far we have fallen from our founding values.

IMO only two of our squad yesterday would even make the bench of another A-League club, and that's HK and Gerhardt.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

score was shattering but I saw some really.. likeable things
Love Kalmar playing the deep role and when we have possession creating a back 3 with the CB allowing the FB's to push up. we looking good a number of times passing through Glory. But yet again its our finishing.
The Maltese PL is the worst 7-8 leagues in Europe accoring to UEFA... wtf were we thinking!!! marquee? who even scouting the MPL?!?!

i

• Like 1

The Maltese PL is the worst 7-8 leagues in Europe accoring to UEFA... wtf were we thinking!!! marquee? who even scouting the MPL?!?!

erm, you know he's not our marquee right?

Correct our marquee has been nursing a broken leg.....

"Misfire" has scored one goal so far this season from a tap in, missed a number of sitters, so he should pack his bags and go back to Malta now. He has been a big flop!!!!

The only reason why they signed the half pint is they somehow were delusional in thinking that the entire Maltese population of Melbourne was suddenly going to become members and attend home games. Going on the decision to appoint Aloisi over Milicic for same type of reason (boost crowds) you would think they would have learn't from that mistake. 

erm, you know he's not our marquee right?

Correct our marquee has been nursing a broken leg.....

"Misfire" has scored one goal so far this season from a tap in, missed a number of sitters, so he should pack his bags and go back to Malta now. He has been a big flop!!!!

The only reason why they signed the half pint is they somehow were delusional in thinking that the entire Maltese population of Melbourne was suddenly going to become members and attend home games. Going on the decision to appoint Aloisi over Milicic for same type of reason (boost crowds) you would think they would have learn't from that mistake. 

Actually early in the season I did see whole groups of maltese supporters but they, like the rest of us, soon realise that the team was crap and I haven't seen them lately.