Melbourne Football

Start planning for 2016-17 now

AntiScum

Melling is in the middle, above Mass and bellow Kisnorbo.

Also I think the bloke next to Hoff is Chapman, it's not Archibald.

All 4 '?' on the right are staff/trainers. As Dylan said, 3rd from the end is JVS's son. He was working at the club last year, with the youth team iirc.    

Edited by LR9

Did chapman get selected for the under 20's?

Are Chapman and Melling in Manchester?

The player second from the right looks like the chap in one of the still shots from training; he must be the second player on trial?

Melling is definitely in Manchester, and as noted he's almost certainly there above Massimo and below Kisnorbo.

Chapman I'm really not sure about. I haven't seen him in any other photo of the team in Manchester. Actually, he wasn't even there (going off the photos) when the club announced the Etihad sponsorship, and numerous players posed for photos. And he didn't play in the Ballarat game. And I'm pretty certain he didn't go to the USA with the Young Socceroos (and club also announced that a 'pair' of our players, Mauk and Gauruccio, only made the cut).

So Chapman's either a master of avoiding photographs, or he might be injured or something. Hopefully the club now provides at least semi-regular updates of player injuries, so we don't have to wait up to a month to find out that players are injured (like we used to).

I've seen some photos of Archibald in Manchester (the 2nd photo & the 29th on the club website), so for my money that's him next to Hoffman.

So there's only 2 unknown faces left, the guy in the blue shirt and the guy second from right. I'm not certain who either could be, but the guy in the blue shirt might be Jordan Lyden, a 17 year old versatile Aston Villa youth player, who can apparently play anywhere across the back four and in midfield (source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/wa-teenager-jordan-lydens-epl-dream-on-track/story-e6frfg8x-1226548077522 http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2012/10/31/rookies-join-aston-villa-ranks ). And the guy second from right could possibly be Paul (or Apostolos) Giannou, a 24 year old Australian striker currently with a club in Greece's top flight, although I'm not sure. 

Did chapman get selected for the under 20's?

Are Chapman and Melling in Manchester?

The player second from the right looks like the chap in one of the still shots from training; he must be the second player on trial?

Melling is definitely in Manchester, and as noted he's almost certainly there above Massimo and below Kisnorbo.

Chapman I'm really not sure about. I haven't seen him in any other photo of the team in Manchester. Actually, he wasn't even there (going off the photos) when the club announced the Etihad sponsorship, and numerous players posed for photos. And he didn't play in the Ballarat game. And I'm pretty certain he didn't go to the USA with the Young Socceroos (and club also announced that a 'pair' of our players, Mauk and Gauruccio, only made the cut).

So Chapman's either a master of avoiding photographs, or he might be injured or something. Hopefully the club now provides at least semi-regular updates of player injuries, so we don't have to wait up to a month to find out that players are injured (like we used to).

I've seen some photos of Archibald in Manchester (the 2nd photo & the 29th on the club website), so for my money that's him next to Hoffman.

So there's only 2 unknown faces left, the guy in the blue shirt and the guy second from right. I'm not certain who either could be, but the guy in the blue shirt might be Jordan Lyden, a 17 year old versatile Aston Villa youth player, who can apparently play anywhere across the back four and in midfield (source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/wa-teenager-jordan-lydens-epl-dream-on-track/story-e6frfg8x-1226548077522 http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2012/10/31/rookies-join-aston-villa-ranks ). And the guy second from right could possibly be Paul (or Apostolos) Giannou, a 24 year old Australian striker currently with a club in Greece's top flight, although I'm not sure. 

Might be time to seek assistance from Hercule Poirot or failing that, Miss Marple. However both do murders so not sure where this would be heading :unsure:

• Like 1

Here you are Murf, some further IDs for you to work on. One or two I'm not sure about.

m4t8z.png

I believe the two unknown guys in the middle (Tom King is in front of them BTW) in Melbourne City shirts are the guy in the blue shirt and the guy second from right in the previous photo.

I think the guy on the right is Jordan Lyden, although I'm not 100% (this guy: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/wa-teenager-jordan-lydens-epl-dream-on-track/story-e6frfg8x-1226548077522 ). I'm unsure who the other guy is (I guessed that he might be Paul Giannou, but now I doubt it). 

Edited by Murfy1

Here you are Murf, some further IDs for you to work on. One or two I'm not sure about.

I believe the two unknown guys in the middle (Tom King is in front of them BTW) in Melbourne City shirts are the guy in the blue shirt and the guy second from right in the previous photo.

I think the guy on the right is Jordan Lyden, although I'm not 100% (this guy: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/wa-teenager-jordan-lydens-epl-dream-on-track/story-e6frfg8x-1226548077522 ). I'm unsure who the other guy is (I guessed that he might be Paul Giannou, but now I doubt it). 

You must have some powerful ex-CIA facial recognition software there Murf!

Love your work.

You must have some powerful ex-CIA facial recognition software there Murf!

Love your work.

Snowmurf

Edward-Snowden-008.jpg

• Like 1

Is it Jordan Lyden?bc54z.jpg

Quote:

NAC Breda offers Paul Katsetis no contract. The 18-year-old Australian midfielder has trained more than a week with the Brabant and made ​​a reasonable impression, but gives the club to have other priorities. "Paul is a good player, but strengthening the selection position is not a priority "says technical director Graeme Rutjes against BN De Stem . Katsetis played in the past for AEK Athens and Catania, though he is still waiting for his professional debut. NAC hopes center defender Aleksandar Damcevski or capture . Both sides have been discussing a collaboration. The 21-year-old Macedonian this month was a week on trial at the Pearl of the South . Last season played for Chernomorets Burgas in Bulgaria Damcevskihttp://www.fcupdate.nl/voetbalnieuws/258803/nac-hoopt-damcevski-te-binden-katsetis-kan-gaan/

I don't know too much about him, but he's a young Aussie who impressed at Mac Breda Dutch side. Could be worth a look at in the least in Manchester, it's only a car drive away.

Besides the two marquee spots, how many places do we have left to fill?

Last nights result was a little underwhelming...

Did you see the line-ups for both halves? i wouldn't worry too much not even close to what our side will look like on game day, also we have two foreign spots left aswell as our aus marquee, we also can have up to 23 players not including the three youth players to my knowledge.

Edited by drewmelbcity