Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

* a lower level team in grass roots. FFV stuffed this

* women's team. Ffv playing favorites with MV and MH can't afford.

To a curious outsider, could you explain these? What exactly is it that FFV (I know who they are, at least) did to blow these ideas before? FFV is football federation Victoria. The governing body for Victoria as FFA is for australia.

There was excitement for the fans when Heart were going to have a team in a league 3 below a league. It gave fans something to do in the off season (since aleague runs during summer and grass roots in regular winter). They shut this down for whatever reason.

Again, women's team had been dangled as a carrot to fans but suspect after 2 years of intention it came down to money.

To a curious outsider, could you explain these? What exactly is it that FFV (I know who they are, at least) did to blow these ideas before? FFV is football federation Victoria. The governing body for Victoria as FFA is for australia.

There was excitement for the fans when Heart were going to have a team in a league 3 below a league. It gave fans something to do in the off season (since aleague runs during summer and grass roots in regular winter). They shut this down for whatever reason.

Again, women's team had been dangled as a carrot to fans but suspect after 2 years of intention it came down to money.

Fair enough about the women's team, I get that. City have just been accepted into the top tier of women's football in England (in controversial circumstances, I will admit) and are currently trying to treat it seriously and build a winning team, so I'd like to think a MHFC women's team is also in the pipelines.

What do you mean by the lower-league team being shut down, though? Did the club exist and then FFV ordered it to close? FFV stepped in before you could seal the deal and banned you from operating one? etc. Is there any chance that a lower-league team can be done under the new ownership, or are FFV being deliberately contrary about you doing it?

Edited by Falastur

To a curious outsider, could you explain these? What exactly is it that FFV (I know who they are, at least) did to blow these ideas before?FFV is football federation Victoria. The governing body for Victoria as FFA is for australia.

Fair enough about the women's team, I get that. City have just been accepted into the top tier of women's football in England (in controversial circumstances, I will admit) and are currently trying to treat it seriously and build a winning team, so I'd like to think a MHFC women's team is also in the pipelines.

What do you mean by the lower-league team being shut down, though? Did the club exist and then FFV ordered it to close? FFV stepped in before you could seal the deal and banned you from operating one? etc. Is there any chance that a lower-league team can be done under the new ownership, or are FFV being deliberately contrary about you doing it?

I can't recall specifically why. I recall the club publicing it, it was ready to happen and then at the last moment the FFV vetoed it as a conflict of interest or something. Someone else might have a better understanding/memory. It was a brilliant idea and one which I believe was a first in our country.

Here's a link to the topic. http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/1609-mhfc-reserves-state-league-two/

I can't recall specifically why. I recall the club publicing it, it was ready to happen and then at the last moment the FFV vetoed it as a conflict of interest or something. Someone else might have a better understanding/memory. It was a brilliant idea and one which I believe was a first in our country.

Here's a link to the topic. http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/1609-mhfc-reserves-state-league-two/

Ah, that's cool. Shame that they took it away from you. Is there a chance it might happen again, or is it pretty final that they won't allow it in future?

B-teams in the league are interesting to me, and they've been discussed a few times on Bluemoon (never as a serious idea, only a theoretical proposition). Of course, they'd be impossible to do in England because our league system is too established and you'd have to tell dozens of clubs directly (and literally thousands of clubs indirectly) that their positions in their leagues were going to be reconsidered and maybe downgraded to make space for a new construct of the monied elite at the top of the game. In a fresh environment like the Aussie league system, however, where you don't have strictly-set league sizes and clubs with over a century of history at risk of going out of business as a result, I'd be really interested to see it in practise.

At least it now makes sense that you have a Heart II forum with no posts in most of a year, now...

From what I've read over the past few days, it sounds like Man City have implemented what MHFC have been trying And doing over the past few years.

* a state of art facility at Latrobe (not sure if this will be the academy there but hope its close to aami)

* an academy (cruff) was happening with JvS

* social media. Heart are the best in HaL

* surveys: heart have done this and listened to the fans

* regular updates via email.

I'm sure there's more, but as said before, the money will enable some of the above to happen and be even better.

I agree entirely except these owners have the pedigree and the means to do as much. This scenario is win, win, win for me. Heart isn't dead it's just had a revamp. it's the fans that will remember and keep the identity alive anyway.

It was to do with a lack of authority from the relevant parties that saw the initial decision overturned. A number of clubs in the specific league also raised some concerns, which was fair enough. The whole process seemed very unorganised and last minute. Hopefully under new ownership they can approach these matters with a greater degree of professionalism. But as others mentioned in that thread, a team should be made to start from the bottom and work their way up. Given the facilities that will be at their disposal (especially compared to those of other Victorian state league teams), promotion should be fairly easy.

Re the second team.

The lower levels of football in Aus are currently being shaken up and standardised across all the states. Do a search for 'National Premier Leagues'.

I'm fairly sure we've expressed interest in participating next season in the Vic NPL, but the details will be released early Feb. The season will run during winter and I'd assume our youth team players will make up the majority of the squad.

I've been following your posts for past few months and its been heaps of fun just listenening to evetyones opinions on how shite we are. Today i decideded to put my first post. I like most of you blokes are a 4th year season ticket holder. I generally sit opposite the Yarraside as my little kids like to run around aisles a bit. Anyway being involved with Heart isn't my first experierience in mediocracy. In the 80s I followed a side FootscraY J.U.S.T in the NSL.

This was truly a mediocre club. We played very attractive attacking football and had and unbelievable ability of turning winning positions into draws and also would cop a regular belting. Our home ground was the aptly named Schintler Reserve on Dynon Rd. We did have a golden period of 1 season were we reached the grand final of the southern division. In that period NSL was split into 2 divisions southern and nothern. We had from memory 10 or 12 teams so we had basically a local game to go to each sunday afternoon. After our brief taste of success we soon drifted back to our old ways. By the early 90s we were really struggling and one genius decided to rename the club to ironically Melbourne City J.U.S.T. We soon were relegated and not long after disbanded. For the rest of the 90s I sniffed around a few clubs but never found what I was looking for. When the A league started i was convinced it would only last a season but to their credit its gone from strength to strength. When Heart popped up and was talking about creating a playing style and a youth oriented structure I jumped on board. We had a decent journey for our first 2 seasons, at one stage we had players getting socceroo call ups which gave me hope for the future. Then we endured the JA period which is already been well a truly documented. Now we have got this City buyout which has well and truly changed my world. I don't think I will need to explain to my son why we have to lose all the time, I look forward to watching a club with a genuine passionate core grow into properly run and managed outfit.

Within 10 years Heart or most likely Melbourne City will play Victory in a grand at the G in front of 100k people and win 3:0.

In the 80s I followed a side FootscraY J.U.S.T in the NSL.

What kind of a name is that? 

Okay I googled it: Footscray JUST (Jugoslav United Soccer Team)

That makes sense. I was confused thinking it was meant to be some hip name along the lines of "Just Football". 

Edited by Alexxandro

Have been walking around singing "Blue Moon" for the last few days (this, from a liverpool supporter).

If you'd told me a week ago I'd be doing that I would have suggested psychiatric help was in order.

Update: Have even managed to get the missus (Newcastle supporter) doing it!

Go you good Blue Overlords!

• Like 1

I've been following your posts for past few months and its been heaps of fun just listenening to evetyones opinions on how shite we are. Today i decideded to put my first post. I like most of you blokes are a 4th year season ticket holder. I generally sit opposite the Yarraside as my little kids like to run around aisles a bit. Anyway being involved with Heart isn't my first experierience in mediocracy. In the 80s I followed a side FootscraY J.U.S.T in the NSL.

This was truly a mediocre club. We played very attractive attacking football and had and unbelievable ability of turning winning positions into draws and also would cop a regular belting. Our home ground was the aptly named Schintler Reserve on Dynon Rd. We did have a golden period of 1 season were we reached the grand final of the southern division. In that period NSL was split into 2 divisions southern and nothern. We had from memory 10 or 12 teams so we had basically a local game to go to each sunday afternoon. After our brief taste of success we soon drifted back to our old ways. By the early 90s we were really struggling and one genius decided to rename the club to ironically Melbourne City J.U.S.T. We soon were relegated and not long after disbanded. For the rest of the 90s I sniffed around a few clubs but never found what I was looking for. When the A league started i was convinced it would only last a season but to their credit its gone from strength to strength. When Heart popped up and was talking about creating a playing style and a youth oriented structure I jumped on board. We had a decent journey for our first 2 seasons, at one stage we had players getting socceroo call ups which gave me hope for the future. Then we endured the JA period which is already been well a truly documented. Now we have got this City buyout which has well and truly changed my world. I don't think I will need to explain to my son why we have to lose all the time, I look forward to watching a club with a genuine passionate core grow into properly run and managed outfit.

Within 10 years Heart or most likely Melbourne City will play Victory in a grand at the G in front of 100k people and win 3:0.

Welcome to the forum bro.

Just (pardon the pun!) wondering why you think Geelong Victory will make a grand final?

Have been walking around singing "Blue Moon" for the last few days (this, from a liverpool supporter).

If you'd told me a week ago I'd be doing that I would have suggested psychiatric help was in order.

Update: Have even managed to get the missus (Newcastle supporter) doing it!

Go you good Blue Overlords!

Been doing the same thing Hahahahahaha. And I like Spurs. :ph34r:

hehe I think it will be a while before we overtake Victory. Have to remember a lot of people don't even like football and the ones that do think they will be set on fire by flares or beaten up by hooligans at games. Expect the HS to go in to overdrive over the next few years. To add to that we have been bought by Man City that's owned by some guy in the middle east. It's obvious that we are going to be forced to join islam  :droy: You can pretty much write the headlines yourself hahaha. Oh the stupidity is going to be painful !!

• Like 1

hehe I think it will be a while before we overtake Victory. Have to remember a lot of people don't even like football and the ones that do think they will be set on fire by flares or beaten up by hooligans at games. Expect the HS to go in to overdrive over the next few years. To add to that we have been bought by Man City that's owned by some guy in the middle east. It's obvious that we are going to be forced to join islam  :droy: You can pretty much write the headlines yourself hahaha. Oh the stupidity is going to be painful !!

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. I think most City fans would agree with me that actually the conversion to Islam is not so bad, and there are even some upsides to it once you have got used to it :)

Praise be to Allah!

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. I think most City fans would agree with me that actually the conversion to Islam is not so bad, and there are even some upsides to it once you have got used to it :)

Praise be to Allah!

How many wives do you have?  :P

MAN CITY'S GLOBAL EXPANSION CONTINUES

Manchester City plan to step up their search for partner clubs in other territories, with China and the Americas next on their hit list.

The Blues paid £11m earlier this week to buy an 80 per cent stake in Melbourne Heart, with the Australian side set to be renamed Melbourne City FC.

City paid £80m last summer to start up New York City FC and the Insider understands they are still on the lookout to expand the 'City Football Club' stable even wider.

Beijing and clubs in Mexico have also come under consideration.

City's owner Sheikh Mansour and the club's power brokers believe the moves are positioning the Manchester club to be one of the biggest in the world.

They have already overtaken the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal in the recent Deloitte rich list, despite the figures revealing the two London clubs charge much higher ticket prices.

- Paul Clennam

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/01/26/4571067/the-insider-chelsea-made-three-salah-bids-in-hectic-24-hours?ICID=HP_BN_2

Duke of hearts why do you say it will take 10 years to overcome Victoria ? Heart will be elevated to a level of proffesionlsm beyond anything else in the A league in a time scale much shorter than that . I watched the Adelaide game on TV in the UK that level of player you have will be gone by next season . Hoffman my god I have played in pub teams with better players !!! Harry Kewell how old is he now ? You guys can look forward to players with a lot more youth about them and possibly better quality marquee signings, the days of has been low quality ex players looking for a last pay day in the sun are behind you!. I suspect that Patrick Viera will be over looking to place some of the EDS guys for experience and generally seeing How things can be integrated . That team on Saturday will not be together much longer!!!

We'll overtake them in a football sense, but no guarantee in supporter size sense. That will take longer to build. We could win every game, but it doesn't mean fans will flock to the games. (brisbane dominated and played the best football this country has seen, still only get the same crowds) Sure we'll increase, but there's still a lot of people that have no interest or can't stand the game. Football fans in this country and fickle enough as it is without trying to convert the AFL crowd ;) That side of things will take time :)

• Like 1

Wow what turn of events.

4 years ago we want to play technical posession football with young players coming through the system, then Victory under Ange do that while we do whatever it was we were doing.  He resigns, they lose 5-0 tonight in the same week we get sold to Man City and become able to carry out our original mission with the best resources in Asia.

• Like 2

Ah, that's cool. Shame that they took it away from you. Is there a chance it might happen again, or is it pretty final that they won't allow it in future?

B-teams in the league are interesting to me, and they've been discussed a few times on Bluemoon (never as a serious idea, only a theoretical proposition). Of course, they'd be impossible to do in England because our league system is too established and you'd have to tell dozens of clubs directly (and literally thousands of clubs indirectly) that their positions in their leagues were going to be reconsidered and maybe downgraded to make space for a new construct of the monied elite at the top of the game. In a fresh environment like the Aussie league system, however, where you don't have strictly-set league sizes and clubs with over a century of history at risk of going out of business as a result, I'd be really interested to see it in practise.

At least it now makes sense that you have a Heart II forum with no posts in most of a year, now...

The FFV argued our seconds should start in the lowest division of all and win their way to promotion to the top State league (The Victorian Premier League), which actually is the way it is in their Rules for any new teams entering the State League.  It would have taken I think a minimum of about 5 season of winning promotions to get to the Victorian Premier League.

Vic Country being destroyed at the ETIHAD.

Hopefully they dont sack Muscat - with our off season to come and that turd being their coach, it will be mighty hard for those on the fence to join the right side of town!!

when you say "Muscat" do you mean that nasty little shit who used to play for Millwall? if it's the same Kevin Muscat (thought he was a hard man, but was actually just a dirty, cowardly player) then I really have a reason to hate the victards cos that guy just wants fucking with a frosty mop.

Yep same gutless pile of shit. Most people hate him for the arrogant hack that he is, he managed to put one of our young players out of the game for 12 months with the below tackle. Then had the audacity to give the ref a mouthful for showing him the red card. He's essentially the face of Melbourne Victory.

muscat-zahra-tackle-o.gif

• Like 3