Melbourne Football

Round 8 - Aloisi Farewell game: Melbourne v Adelaide, Sunday 5pm

LR9

hehe, got kisnorbo's top, thank you trumpet man sir bro

You know you only have those tops temporarily? You get to keep them right before the next game than you have to give them back. It would cost the club too much money to print another one :P

Do you think that the club will ask for a whip around for money to replace those player jerseys?

yazu9hh.jpg

I can understand why people are almost happy with today's performance. After accepting absolute shit for almost two years, today seemed like an incredible performance.

One goal was purely from individual brilliance, another from terrible defending and an undeserved penalty...not good enough. The first half was despicable. I was laughing most of the time.

Murdocca played one very good pass. And he runs hard. But apart from that, today wasn't good.

Migliorini hit two quality finishes. Yes, they were good, but for the rest of the match he wasn't providing enough.

FWIW, people on this forum having a go at Germano need to go back and watch his performances. He is a MUCH better player than the two flogs we have now.

Mate shouldn't even make the bench next week.

Get rid of Mifsud for a week. Let him score some more goals at training.

Don't know why Kalmar is copping shit from people. The bloke gets eight minutes to pick up the tempo and plays in a midfield absent of any discernible structure. Yes he lacks speed/fitness now but techincally he is one of our best. He needs more time on the park.

Ramsay has no football IQ.

All in all, this is about results. Even if JA was to stay, he would need to win/draw the majority of the season's remaining matches. He equalled bottom last season and we have picked up three points from eight matches. It wouldn't fly in the EPL and at other clubs, so why does he get to stay on?

I've just had enough. Today had to be a win.

• Like 2

I got Wielart's kit, happy with that, but, performance whilst being the best recently was still same old same old.

Lucky to be a draw. If we could finish better im sure the boys would put on a better performance.

Amazing what a little motivation can can do (yside)

So you're the "solid bloke" who marked the top over few kiddies at the front. Not much of a competition, was it Lol
  • Like 1

A second half comeback, should always have been expected though. Adelaide have had absolutely horrible second halves all season. Good to see the boys finally shoot for once. Ive got a good feeling about the next few weeks, I think the boys can change it up, we are only 4 or so wins out of the 6, so anything can happen. Poor structure to start the game, and our poor leaks in defence are killing us.

I hope I wasn't the only one who saw through Aloisi's little performance after the game in front of Yarraside. He played a lot of you for fools and it was disappointing to see the youth fawning over him. 

Who cares if he's got 'a lot of heart for the club' if he can't manage a fucking team? Top bloke, but he's killing this club.

Best self preservation performance I've seen in years!!!

Some interesting write ups of the match:

Melbourne Heart fights back to draw with Adelaide United

Michael Lynch   Dec 1, 2013

Sometimes salvation comes when you least expect it and from the unlikeliest of sources.

Andrea Migliorini, a journeyman Italian midfielder who arrived at Melbourne Heart for a try out this season with no great fanfare, is nobody's idea of a ''difference'' player.

But his wonder strike from some 30 metres which dipped, swerved and beat Adelaide United's Socceroo goalkeeper Eugene Galekovic all ends-up in the 55th minute of this topsy-turvy game sparked a Heart fightback that just might turn round the struggling club's season and save John Aloisi's coaching career.

When Migliorini followed up 11 minutes later with another powerfully hit shot to bring Aloisi's strugglers level at 2-2 then belief, finally, began to course through a team that had spent most of the game looking frightened, nervous and completely lacking in confidence.

And shortly afterwards, when referee Strebre Delovski blew against Tarek Elrich for a handball in the penalty area as he looked to clear Patrick Gerhardt's header, it was apparent that the football gods had finally smiled, at least for a little while, on the hitherto hapless Heart.

Replays showed the ball appeared to strike the defender's chest, but for Melbourne, which has endured a horror season with virtually no luck, this was a defining moment - a moment when a break went their way.

David Williams stepped up and stroked the spot kick to Galekovic's left, and with 20 minutes to go it seemed as though an extraordinary turnaround had been achieved.

But nothing can be taken for granted in a game such as this, and Adelaide, facing the humiliation of losing to a team that almost everyone else in the league had beaten this season, struck back in fortunate circumstances themselves.

With the clock ticking down, Marcelo Carrusca's free kick from wide on the left of the Heart area took a wicked deflection off Heart midfielder Massimo Murdocca before looping over the wall and past goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne, making the score in this rollercoaster match 3-3.

That is how it finished: Heart is still yet to win a match this season, but after a second half like that it will feel as though it has made some sort of statement. Adelaide will know that this was two points it threw away. Like its host, it remains near the foot of the table as a result.

Before Migliorini's sublime intervention Adelaide had looked to be in complete control of the game, largely through Heart's ineptitude rather than any great quality of its own.

Yes, it created some pretty patterns and retained and recycled the ball effectively, but in truth it was given so much time and space by a shell-shocked Heart in the first half that it could hardly not have taken the lead.

Slipshod defending in the host's defence allowed Steven Lustica to open the scoring after Fabio Ferreira's third-minute cross was not dealt with effectively.

And Adelaide doubled its advantage in the 14th minute when Sergio Cirio, who had started the move, was allowed to run unchallenged from midfield, play a pass, grab the rebound and then fire past Redmayne.

The visitors then had the best of the half although things could have been very different had Heart's out-of-form striker Michael Mifsud taken any of the trio of gilt-edged chances that fell his way.

For a man who captains his country - Malta - and has played 100 internationals, far more is expected.

Twice he was through one on one with Galekovic and fluffed his lines, and on the third occasion he actually rounded the keeper but fired wide.

It looked as though his grievous errors would be the straw that broke the camel's back and cost Aloisi his job as the Heart's boss, but that was before Migliorini's amazing intervention.

Whether the Italian has any future with the club remains to be seen: he has been signed as an injury replacement for Dutch marquee man Orlando Engelaar, and would have to go when the former Netherlands international recovers from a broken leg - unless Heart gets rid of one of its other foreigners.

Migliorini is the sixth non-national on the Heart list and the club is only allowed five overseas players.

Whatever happens, however, Aloisi, and the Heart supporters, have reason to be grateful to the unlikely saviour whose stunning strikes - the first surely a contender for goal of the season - made this a game that will live long in the memory.

Much remains to be done by Aloisi and his players, but at least they showed the fight, commitment and desire which has not always been apparent this season.

As for Adelaide, there is little that can be taken from a game that it should have put out of reach before half-time and then scrambled to get a point from.

It is hard to see it as a finals contender on this showing.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/soccer-match-report/melbourne-heart-fights-back-to-draw-with-adelaide-united-20131201-2yjod.html

I hope I wasn't the only one who saw through Aloisi's little performance after the game in front of Yarraside. He played a lot of you for fools and it was disappointing to see the youth fawning over him. 

Who cares if he's got 'a lot of heart for the club' if he can't manage a fucking team? Top bloke, but he's killing this club. 

It doesn't change my opinion of him as a coach but I'll admit I got caught up in the moment.

I still think he should be sacked and I still think that he's not cut for senior management at this level (yet) but I will say that I like the bloke, as a human being, and that's why I (and I think others) got behind him for those few seconds that he was there in front of the YS. I don't think it was simply a case of fawning.

If anything it just made me feel a bit shit about the situation, it'd be much easier to hack if the guy was a cunt like Muscat. That being said, like I mentioned earlier, he needs to go. I'd like him to be the one to fix it all but I don't think he can, that being the case, I'd love to be proven wrong

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 4

Took guts to be fair, you're right though, we aren't questioning is love and commitment to the club, but I wouldn't say he played anyone, it took guts.

• Like 2

I got Wielart's kit, happy with that, but, performance whilst being the best recently was still same old same old.

Lucky to be a draw. If we could finish better im sure the boys would put on a better performance.

So you're the "solid bloke" who marked the top over few kiddies at the front. Not much of a competition, was it Lol

Im the "fat cunt " that caught it, yeah!

Dont know what you mean by mark mate I cant jump for shit. Lol

Anyway its going up on my sons wall

• Like 4

Haha I was the bloke with the long hair in the Red Polo talking to you after the game, well caught mate, crashed the pack hard hahaha

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

Haha I was the bloke with the long hair in the Red Polo talking to you after the game, well caught mate, crashed the pack hard hahaha

Wouldnt have looked pretty lol

• Like 1

You should fucking care! We might not want him as Manager, but these pricks singing 'sacked in the morning' and holding up 'JA out' signs should show him some fucking respect.

The board know how the supporters feel. All of this silent protest bullshit has to stop. It's not going to change anything and all it does is further disrupt the club. Pull your head in.

You should fucking care! We might not want him as Manager, but these pricks singing 'sacked in the morning' and holding up 'JA out' signs should show him some fucking respect.

The board know how the supporters feel. All of this silent protest bullshit has to stop. It's not going to change anything and all it does is further disrupt the club. Pull your head in.

Fuck off.

The fact that the fans have been this vocal and still nothing has happened shows how fucking stubborn the board is being.

If we continued to be apathetic at every home game, nothing would ever change. You should be thanking the fans who are standing up for their club and trying to instigate change.

This is our 4th season of shit, and people are still somehow happy with the club.

I'm pretty sure most people realised through yesterdays silent protest the feelings of YSIDE, which is exactly what it was meant to do. The Silent protest is not an ongoing thing, and YSIDE core should be applauded for their action.

I see JA as a great man who as served the club well, but a man that needs to step down for the good of the Club.

• Like 2

The board know how the supporters feel. All of this silent protest bullshit has to stop. It's not going to change anything and all it does is further disrupt the club. Pull your head in. Top quoting mate. :up:

Edited by Boffins

This performance inspired nothing for me. One screamer, some piss poor defending and a pen that wasn't. For once the dice rolled our way and we could only draw at home against a team with one win. If I was Aloisi I wouldn't be parading around after that. You can only do that shit when you have the runs on the board. He might love the club and have passion but they sound like the skills required for a motivational speaker or water boy. Certainly not the skill set for a coach. Next two away I guess they will be the deciding factors.

• Like 1

some great points here

we  were shite, we had some luck, a wonder strike( that could have ended up in row p) a nice lay back from Aziz, and  penalty that never was , plus Paddy G's hand ball in the first half!

feel happier that we got some sort of "result" , but just papering own the cracks , thats all

the next 3 weeks will be tough, away to WSW, then Sydney , then home Derby

I 'm hoping the passion shown by the players in the second half will continue

• Like 1

some great points here

we  were shite, we had some luck, a wonder strike( that could have ended up in row p) a nice lay back from Aziz, and  penalty that never was , plus Paddy G's hand ball in the first half!

feel happier that we got some sort of "result" , but just papering own the cracks , thats all

I agree that we weren't very good for large patches, and I know where your coming from but you can't take away from two clean goals. It's of no relevance that you think they were wonder strikes, in the end they hit the back of the net. I like to think the penalty was karma for how many times things have gone against us.

We still played the same style as we have for the rest of the year.  

Aziz setup that second goal which showed we can play like we used to, the best passage of play ive seen this year from the team

Not normally a stats person, but this games stats paint the picture of how well we are going 

stats.PNG

• Like 2

I can see people getting a positive vibe from that game, seeing we scored some goals, and even came back to lead a one point but that game was exactly the same performance as every other week, 60-70 mins a deep sitting long ball stuff with 20-30 mins of high pressing quick counter football. The only difference is we scored a couple of times, still didn't win and couldn't put away a team that is really struggling to play a certain style of football and defend at the moment.

I though after the first half performance and the chances we had it would have been enough for JA to keep his job, but the 25 mintutes after half time will keep him in the chair for several weeks. His passion felt more like him sticking it up his distractors that passion for them team. Migliorini showed his class with the ball and without it buy going over to celebrate with JA, sticking by the team, or at least the coach.

JA has one game plan and it only works against teams that like to keep the ball and play out from the back (Brisbane, Adelaide, first derby last year), it easy for him when the opposition states before the game how they are going to play. Against those teams he presses high up the park looking for turn overs, then every one bursts forward when we do get a turn over. To me the damming thing is in the first derby last year we managed to do that for the whole game, this year we can only manage it for 10-30 mins. This of course doesn't work against teams who don't play that way and the team is forced to bang it long and hope for the second ball to start playing passes around like we do if we get a turn over.

• Like 1

I was a bit disgusted at the end at how the crowd and players acted like it was a win. We drew at home with with one of the worst performing teams in the comp. We were 3-2 up and let it slip. We haven't won all season. We are coming dead last and the next team up the ladder has a game in hand. 

The way Heart HQ has been on the offensive this week about supporting JA also disgusts me. If you think giving away jerseys and Aloisi coming over was a spur of the moment thing you're probably wrong. 

And so Munn what about your next three games being "really important" for the club? Out of a possible 9 points we got 1, against Adelaide.

Funny that the banner was about mediocrity because in the end, a draw against Adelaide, was exactly that. 

• Like 2

I was a bit disgusted at the end at how the crowd and players acted like it was a win. We drew at home with with one of the worst performing teams in the comp. We were 3-2 up and let it slip. We haven't won all season. We are coming dead last and the next team up the ladder has a game in hand. 

The way Heart HQ has been on the offensive this week about supporting JA also disgusts me. If you think giving away jerseys and Aloisi coming over was a spur of the moment thing you're probably wrong. 

And so Munn what about your next three games being "really important" for the club? Out of a possible 9 points we got 1, against Adelaide.

Funny that the banner was about mediocrity because in the end, a draw against Adelaide, was exactly that.

It's not fair to mediocrity!

We are poorer then that in results and game plan

Morphine, one of the structural problems with the HAL is that football teams don't belong to the members, they are franchises issued by the FFA and owned wholly by the franchisees. If we were a real club the members could ask for a spill of the board if we were unhappy with their performance, however we are consumers of franchise product, a very shoddy product that pays lip service to its values but has a history of poor delivery. What other options are there other than a public  'consumer boycott?' I suggest that we are likely to have to repeat it as the board are happy to pursue mediocrity, they are happy to continue to fund the club but not happy to fund what is required for success, probably the worst outcome for us 'consumers'.

• Like 4

You weren't mate. Along with the semi-teary video appeal to fans earlier in the week I thought it demonstrated a lack of self-control.

some great points here

I agree that we weren't very good for large patches, and I know where your coming from but you can't take away from two clean goals. It's of no relevance that you think they were wonder strikes, in the end they hit the back of the net. I like to think the penalty was karma for how many times things have gone against us.

only the first one was a wonder strike, the second was from Aziz's cut back, well taken from 15 metres or so

You weren't mate. Along with the semi-teary video appeal to fans earlier in the week I thought it demonstrated a lack of self-control.

would of been good viewing if someone had have jumped the fence to punch on !!!!

JA with pizza boy in his corner ,

Easily the most disappointing cheer squad I've ever heard from Adelaide.

"We hate you because you're Victorian"

Yeah boys, we're all desperate to move to Adelaide.

What they really meant was 'we envy you because you're Victorian'.

What they really meant to say was this is my sister if I'm lucky I'll score again.

Easily the most disappointing cheer squad I've ever heard from Adelaide.

"We hate you because you're Victorian"

Yeah boys, we're all desperate to move to Adelaide.

What they really meant was 'we envy you because you're Victorian'.

What they really meant to say was this is my sister if I'm lucky I'll score again.

Hahaha!

I owe you a like

Edited by King Malta