Melbourne Football

Round 2 | 19th of October | Melbourne VS CCM

Jimmy

For those interested, the Victorian Premier League Grand Final between Northcote City and Bentleigh Greens kicks off at 1pm on Saturday at AAMI Park.

Greeks Vs Greek Cypriots! I reckon there'll be a fair few who will stay back to get their monies worth; Greeks love a 2 for 1 deal  ;)

At least SMFC won't be there so the die-hards won't be able to argue that Heart's crowd was mainly due to the 10,000 South Supporters staying back after the VPL grand final! Lol

Hey lads. What's the ticketing situation? GA allowed in active? Or is it to be a sneak job again?

Mate just buy an Active Membership, if your thinking of going to majority of the games you save money as well as support the club

Too far to make the majority of games. I live in the Goulburn valley.

But I guess that answered my question.

They normally announce the squad thursday right? Hope to see Mifsud as a sneaky conclusion throw him in from the bench for the last 20. Denmark are 5-0 up against Malta atm.

Finished 6-0 but doesnt matter.

Hopefully comes off the bench but if you've ever made a flight to Europe, you'll know it takes a shit load out of you.

They normally announce the squad thursday right? Hope to see Mifsud as a sneaky conclusion throw him in from the bench for the last 20. Denmark are 5-0 up against Malta atm.

Hopefully comes off the bench but if you've ever made a flight to Europe, you'll know it takes a shit load out of you.

Forget it this Saturday.

Takes few days to get over jetlag coming here.

I just wouldn't risk him to be playing even if he "thought" he was right.

Forget it this Saturday.

Takes few days to get over jetlag coming here.

I just wouldn't risk him to be playing even if he "thought" he was right.

He told me he was still struggling a little with jetlag on Family Day and he been in Melbourne for a few days already.

Id probably stick with the same team we had against Victory but with the following changes:

Ramsay for Williams

*Kewell for Kalmar, *signs dont look too good, hasnt trained all week, came off reasonably sore, dont really see him playing.

imo i think we are a good chance only if we playing a more attacking style. Fair enough to play slightly more defensive for round 1 to get an early point on the board, but theres no excuse to play the same style this week. We are the home team and id suspect we should come out firing. Hopefully GolGol pulls his head in and starts to become hungrier for the ball and kick into the same form as he did at the end of last season. Missed AAMI park for 6 months and thank fuck we are finally back. COME ON BOYS! nothing less than 3 points this saturday!

MELBOURNE Heart captain Harry Kewell’s availability for his side's clash with Central Coast at AAMI Park on Saturday is likely to be determined at training Thursday.

Teammate Iain Ramsay said Kewell had not trained since suffering a neck injury against Melbourne Victory last Saturday.

From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/mark-milligan-set-to-overcome-a-knee-injury-to-start-for-melbourne-victory-against-adelaide-united/story-fnii0fc3-1226741272052

MELBOURNE Heart captain Harry Kewell’s availability for his side's clash with Central Coast at AAMI Park on Saturday is likely to be determined at training Thursday.

Teammate Iain Ramsay said Kewell had not trained since suffering a neck injury against Melbourne Victory last Saturday.

From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/mark-milligan-set-to-overcome-a-knee-injury-to-start-for-melbourne-victory-against-adelaide-united/story-fnii0fc3-1226741272052

Vince Grella all over again?  :unsure:

While Central Coast have had the upper hand (understatement) over us since our inception, they've never put too many goals past us. With the best defence we've ever had, I'm hoping we can minimise their goals even further. My concern is actually scoring goals. I don't know where they've going to come from, we need a few players to step up this year and score 4-6 goals each behind hopefully Mifsud. 

Melbourne 1 - 1 Central Coast.

i don't think duke is a good as people make him out to be - it's a combination of the way he gets the ball at his feet and pace. midfield are doing most of the work.

this is a team that made daniel mcbreen look like a goal scoring legend ffs.

Still got to put them in the back of the net though, he's a good player.