Melbourne Football

Orlando Engelaar

Murfy1

• 4 weeks later...

So who gets dropped to make way for Engelaar? Im hoping we get to see him against Wellington on the 27th

You're optimistic

Only in terms of everything that has been made public he has been progressing better than expected. Probably thanks to the Carlton facilities. Although losing our full time fitness guy cant be a good thing. I also have the fear that he will come back and lose alot as a player because of the experience, much like Mate this season. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well they did say in early december that they were hoping for our home game against Newcastle for his return - I just didn't think that it would happen...will be thrilled to see him come off the bench around the 70th minute on the 17th of Jan  :)

Even though the season is running away from us, I would hate to rush him back in if hes not ready.

The last thing we need is for him to be unfit and perform below par. We have high hopes for him afterall :)

• Like 1

Look no-one has actually seen the guy play, even people at the club. I would like us no to pin such high hopes on him.

Wot? Seen him play for us or at any time in his career?

It was a glorious 20 mins, a sublime mis touch and then a spectacular broken leg

• Like 1

We need some luck and good news so I hope when he starts he plays really well and the time put into his recovery is justified. I still think its a good chance for him to be around next season, as people have said on here if he wanted to retire he would have pissed off back to Holland.

Edited by Dylan

Look no-one has actually seen the guy play, even people at the club. I would like us no to pin such high hopes on him.

Wot? Seen him play for us or at any time in his career?

It was a glorious 20 mins, a sublime mis touch and then a spectacular broken leg

i'm just confused by the post that suggests no one has EVER seen him play.

• Like 3