Melbourne Football

MHFC admin/training move?

HeartFc

North melbourne got $5.7M from state govt towards Arden St redevelopment

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/construction-starts-on-15m-arden-street-redevelopment.544887/

NSW state government throwing money around like confetti for Skoda stadium and GWS training facility at Homebush

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/phil-rothfield-argues-gws-giants-have-received-favourable-funding-compared-to-rugby-league-clubs/story-e6frf33l-1226646083823

And the HeartFC ???? Do we need a chook raffle or Munn standing on street corners selling the Big Issue?

Arden Street was given the money as it operates as a Community Centre a quick look around Arden Street to some certain towers in the area shows that this money was justified alongs Community lines.

Skoda/GWS is in the middle of the New Sydney Showgrounds and therefore can be justified as a sound investment due to the amount of major events that are held in the area (The Majority of those in Sydney).

838309-heart.jpg

I don't have that much of a problem with the ice baths being in bins. However seeing this just looks like the club take no pride in their surrounding which could lead to a lack of morale due to the fact their training facilities are basic. If they don't improve the facilities i am all for the move

John Didulica tweeted today, in response to the question "Hi guys, any info on how much of the preseason will be spent at Epping Stad. & any friendlies planned" that:

[Heart will] mainly [be at] Epping in the medium term. Will play a few friendlies at Epping along the way. Will announce once locked in

You weren't the only one to read the list...SM has tweeted that they were '...some young players we ran a coaching program for. They all played in our schools competition.'

However, just shows how careful you need to be with photographs etc.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1158112/Parramatta-Stadium-to-receive-a-facelift

its good to be owned by the ffa.... Frankly im bemused that we can't get funding for a Latrobe upgrade which is a university and where the facilities can be fully utilized by the community to stage sport carnivals and all that crap politicians love, but because western sydney bitch and whinge how they are always ignored yet every election it always seems to get a fuckload of money funneled into it.  Its a joke.

Oh and latrobe is in a safe (the safest labour) seat in the country so there is pretty much no chance of Mr Sheen (rudd) pitching in anything. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt club is regretting not making that move to Monash. 80 percent of members are from Eastern side of town. Latrobe's ambitious plans for state of the art sports science facilities have not materialized. Confident te club will make the move unless Latrobe and Govt agree on funding by seasons end. Need better facilities in order to help us compete with the best in the league. Also build on an identity and brand.

No doubt club is regretting not making that move to Monash. 80 percent of members are from Eastern side of town. Latrobe's ambitious plans for state of the art sports science facilities have not materialized. Confident te club will make the move unless Latrobe and Govt agree on funding by seasons end. Need better facilities in order to help us compete with the best in the league. Also build on an identity and brand.

Sounds Good

Would love to see Heart move their training base to Monash (Caulfield or Clayton). There is SO MUCH potential for new fans down there and yes, before people ask, I do believe that more people will jump on board if Heart are based in their region! And no we will not lose anyone from the north/western suburbs who have already jumped on board.

Basing themselves in Monash Clayton would be great because it is so central, unlike Epping, which is at the edge of suburbia and doesn't have much more north or west from there apart from Cragieburn and Sunbury! :-/

Based in Clayton you'd be covering everyone from Doncaster/Ringwood (Eastern Fwy) down to Frankston and from St Kilda to Pakenham and everyone in between!

I don't think I'm the only who had already affiliated Victory with the Northern/Western Suburbs so I think the Southern/Eastern suburbs are still there for the taking!

And no to Casey please, it'd be as bad as being in Epping, but at the other edge of Melbourne. I would only entertain moving that far out if the facilities were owned or at least if Heart were the sole tennants!

Would love to see Heart move their training base to Monash (Caulfield or Clayton). There is SO MUCH potential for new fans down there and yes, before people ask, I do believe that more people will jump on board if Heart are based in their region! And no we will not lose anyone from the north/western suburbs who have already jumped on board.

Basing themselves in Monash Clayton would be great because it is so central, unlike Epping, which is at the edge of suburbia and doesn't have much more north or west from there apart from Cragieburn and Sunbury! :-/

Based in Clayton you'd be covering everyone from Doncaster/Ringwood (Eastern Fwy) down to Frankston and from St Kilda to Pakenham and everyone in between!

I don't think I'm the only who had already affiliated Victory with the Northern/Western Suburbs so I think the Southern/Eastern suburbs are still there for the taking!

And no to Casey please, it'd be as bad as being in Epping, but at the other edge of Melbourne. I would only entertain moving that far out if the facilities were owned or at least if Heart were the sole tennants!

Agreed. You can't be "Melbourne Heart" is you're stuck out on the edge of suburbia somewhere. We need to be relatively central with good PT links. If we want to translate the goodwill towards Heart into real connections with the club.

Edited by jw1739

I'm in Bundoora and will continue to support Heart regardless where it's located. Also, are Sick and tired of my boys amateur club and friends clubs holding clinics with Victory!! We're not going to win much more supporters in this area.

Just like to add, its a bigger population in east/south corridor. Outskirts for epping is 21km, unlike pakenham (50+km). Therefore Heart should base itself where the population is. I think most victory supporters are from the west and north. Would love to find out real statistics though.

I don't really care where they are but I'm not convinced that Melbourne is geographically tribal to the extent Sydney is. Highly doubt it would make a difference in terms of fans. Look at the afl teams now for example. But then again you do have those douchebags with the resiviour post code tattooed on themselves :droy:

As a monash student, it would be best to be located at Clayton and not Caulfield as the facilities at Caulfield are not as good. The socceroos have elected to train at Clayton before which should illustrate how good their facilities are. Not sure what facilities at the Berwick campus are like though. Also, the Caulfield campus is somewhat regarded as the 'international campus' so with a large demographic of Asians who are only here to study and then head back to the countries, there would be a greater chance of more effective student engagement at the Clayton campus too. I'm a Caulfield student if that means anything

As a monash student, it would be best to be located at Clayton and not Caulfield as the facilities at Caulfield are not as good. The socceroos have elected to train at Clayton before which should illustrate how good their facilities are. Not sure what facilities at the Berwick campus are like though. Also, the Caulfield campus is somewhat regarded as the 'international campus' so with a large demographic of Asians who are only here to study and then head back to the countries, there would be a greater chance of more effective student engagement at the Clayton campus too. I'm a Caulfield student if that means anything

Didn't the club stated that they want to be the club of the north? So I'm guessing they wouldn't move down to Clayton. But that's just my opinion. I work in Clayton and live up north so I'd be happy 

The club need to pull their finger out and realise what's working and what is not!

1. Not spending much money on your football department - not working

2. Not signing a big marquee - not working

3. Signing ex-Victory players - not working

4. Putting your base in the same region Victory already occupies - not working

5. Selecting a senior coach with 1 year of youth-league experience - not working

6. Waiting for scraps in the transfer market instead of being proactive - not working

7. Holding on to Hoffman - not working

Move our base to Monash Clayton and sign a big marquee that hasn't already been linked to Victory! BOOM!!

I'm in Bundoora and will continue to support Heart regardless where it's located. Also, are Sick and tired of my boys amateur club and friends clubs holding clinics with Victory!! We're not going to win much more supporters in this area.

You and yours as well? I contacted the club about this last season and was told that V*****y have the resources to do this and we don't. They didn't seem too concerned that the visitors were getting the PR and support that comes through building these relationships.

Sad really. Hopefully this seasons budget, which is said to have included more money for this type of thing, will allow for more to be done.

The club need to pull their finger out and realise what's working and what is not!

how is that not working?

You tell me how it is working!

Is it working for our image? No

Is it working for our on field performance? No

Did Fred work as a marquee? Not in my opinion.

how is that not working?

Fred was not a marquee.

• Like 1

how is that not working?

i get people don't signing ex players of rival clubs but it happens all the time in world football. considering Behich, Dugandzic and Fred (at least his first season) have all been great for us its pretty ridiculous to say its "not working"

as much as i hate Kewell he could be added to that list too

Edited by yelawolf

how is that not working?

Fred was not a marquee.

Plus he was a major reason for us making finals in Season Two.