Melbourne Football

The Worry Room

Damiano

Can't we discuss this in the other 50 threads? I hardly see the need for ANOTHER thread discussing the same topics.

Are there ANY positives to talk about? We all wanted the players that have gone so far to be gone, yet we're still not content?

Clubs a long way back to satisfy me mate. History to me is important and trust for me has gone. Won't be celebrating anything till its deserved. I loved this club and the people at the club somehow made me lose that passion over the course.

Repair work needed for me until then, I execute my right to be pessimistic about the decisions as my trust in the people at the club is very minimal.

I do agree though way too many similar threads.

I daresay you talk in far too many absolutes, Melburnian. This isn't a criticism but more of a comment - football has so many intangibles, moreso as supporters we tend to be the last to know. 

I would continue to exercise that right to be pessimistic, but understand that there are a lot of things happening in the background. I daresay the club is aware of these concerns, and will be working hard to have a better season next year. 

By the way, I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses either, but I think it would be disingenuous to suggest the club doesn't give a fuck about all the issues we are discussing.  

I daresay you talk in far too many absolutes, Melburnian. This isn't a criticism but more of a comment - football has so many intangibles, moreso as supporters we tend to be the last to know.

I would continue to exercise that right to be pessimistic, but understand that there are a lot of things happening in the background. I daresay the club is aware of these concerns, and will be working hard to have a better season next year.

By the way, I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses either, but I think it would be disingenuous to suggest the club doesn't give a fuck about all the issues we are discussing.

Understand what your saying mate but again, history of bad decisions and wrong processes make me feel the way I do.

I just don't trust the people at the club. That's the problem. These guys in my opinion have brought massive concerns to the club and I don't trust them to make the correct decisions to turn the club around.

I know more than most (as you would know) some of the inner workings and I can tell you I don't feel we are a set up to be a successful elite club. Not yet anyway.

If the club are making moves and working hard to change this, kudos to them. I don't apologise though for not blindly trusting them after everything that has occurred.

At this point in time, the club is a shambles. I hope it can turn around.

THE WORRY ROOM = www.mhfcsupporters.com

Haha. Pretty much. This season has not even finished, we have a ridiculously long off season and already people are freaking out and moaning about decisions for next season.

I understand that some decisions in the past have not been the best, particularly this season. But my god as soon as one thing that isnt perfect happens people start tearing their hair out and talking about the end of the world.

Lets just wait and see how this off season unfolds before giving ourselves ulcers.

• Like 1

I'm checking in....Babalj, Tadic gone No true CBs Garcia not signed Shit.......

'Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm'

There's simply an attitude problem with the supporters as well as the club. We just need to be positive FFS. We've actually made some good steps this off-season, clearing off most of the deadwood and signing Ian Ramsay.

Lets focus on being positive, people need to remember, Rome wasn't built in a day and yes, i know WSW were able to come in, in there first season and be successful, but that is one of the very few times i can remember in history of a new team coming into a competition and being so succsseful

And BTW, stop creating a new fucken thread for every little complaint!! FFS some of you whine more than girls

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

There are no girls whining on this forum, all the whiners are male!

And BTW, stop creating a new fucken thread for every little complaint!! FFS some of you whine more than girls

Melbourne Heart is a wonderfully run club. Everything is going so well at the moment. Very sure we'll win the league next season.

see!

We have a right to question the club and the people that run it. I pay membership so I consider myself a part owner of the club, however small it is. They better do right by us, the members, the ones that make the club stay afloat. Ill be positive if they give us something to cheer for. 

post-2369-0-28172900-1366450055_thumb.jp

Edited by n i k o

As above, it's far too early for panic stations, and as Ando says, supporters are usually the last to know anything.

But one thing I do hope for - and that is there won't be a deafening silence from the club for the next few months. As a member I would appreciate a regular e-mail during the off-season. Perhaps not weekly, which would be a bit much to ask, but regularly enough to keep me up-to-date about what's going on.

We have a right to question the club and the people that run it. I pay membership so I consider myself a part owner of the club, however small it is. They better do right by us, the members, the ones that make the club stay afloat. Ill be positive if they give us something to cheer for. 

we do consider ourselves part owners and members but remember that the 'club' is a franchise, the owners are Board members and we are merely supporters and ticket holders. Not that this is unimportant, the club would be the first to say how vital we are, but it isn't a traditional club and we have no ownership stake, nor vote.

• Like 1

we do consider ourselves part owners and members but remember that the 'club' is a franchise, the owners are Board members and we are merely supporters and ticket holders. Not that this is unimportant, the club would be the first to say how vital we are, but it isn't a traditional club and we have no ownership stake, nor vote.

That's the technical way of looking at it. You can throw that all out though because reality is for heart, no supporters=no club. We're the blood that pumps through the veins of the club. Our vote is done by us signing up before the season starts, committing to the club. The club has to do right by us if they want us to make that commitment.

Don't panic yet mate. In all three seasons, yes, this has been the worst, but the recent releases and the signing of Ramsay is a step (or are steps) in the right direction. Surely we must have money now to buy a few good players and the Club are hopefully working hard to bring them here.

I know this season wasn't our best but there were a few positives. Why isn't there a thread about the positives? Or is there?

Don't panic yet mate. In all three seasons, yes, this has been the worst, but the recent releases and the signing of Ramsay is a step (or are steps) in the right direction. Surely we must have money now to buy a few good players and the Club are hopefully working hard to bring them here.

I know this season wasn't our best but there were a few positives. Why isn't there a thread about the positives? Or is there?

Who's panicking? Not me. Just stating some truths the club should be aware of. Besides JAs constant reference to everything that been wrong except him, and Hoffman being signed I think the decisions that have been made in the last few weeks have been positive for the club.

Can't we discuss this in the other 50I'm reads? I hardly see the need for ANOTHER thread discussing the same topics.

Are there ANY positives to talk about? We all wanted the players that have gone so far to be gone, yet we're still not content?

The players that have been let go, were easy decisions made by the club. It was painfully obvious that Colosimo, and Fred couldnt continue at the A-league level anymore. Thommo has been a shadow of him self and is no where near the level required (to comfortable) ... But now its about next season, and the club cannot afford to have another season like the 1 we just had. Every decision the club makes from now on is going to be scrutinized because the club has failed to instill confidence among the supporters.

We are not attacking the club, we are all concerned about were the clubis heading. Your a Demon supporter so im sure you can relate...

Edited by Attack11

Understand what your saying mate but again, history of bad decisions and wrong processes make me feel the way I do.

I just don't trust the people at the club. That's the problem. These guys in my opinion have brought massive concerns to the club and I don't trust them to make the correct decisions to turn the club around.

I know more than most (as you would know) some of the inner workings and I can tell you I don't feel we are a set up to be a successful elite club. Not yet anyway.

If the club are making moves and working hard to change this, kudos to them. I don't apologise though for not blindly trusting them after everything that has occurred.

At this point in time, the club is a shambles. I hope it can turn around.

The obvious point is that unless there is a raft of new investors, board members and corporate staff who are willing, ready and able to step in to those roles, these people aren't going to change.

I think there also needs to be some deliniation around:

1) which people have instilled the lack of trust within you;

2) what decision/s they have made for you to not trust them;

3) how, if at all, those decisions could be changed.

This forum has a systemic failure in that it seeks to impugne Club staff based on decisions which we don't know the full story about. As others have mentioned above, we only hold a season ticket. We do contribute to the Club, which is why the Club has such initiatives as the Fan Forums and the Representative Group. I think it is also a bit rich to say no supporters = no Club, given there needs to be a Club for supporters to support.

In short, if anyone can find new investors, new board members and/or new corporate staff who want those positions at the Club, the onus is on those people to challenge for those roles and/or become involved in the Club. That being said, no-one can ever give a guarantee that any new person is going to be better than the person they are replacing. 

The only certainty in football is that the ball is round.

Edited by biancorosso7

No supporters = No club...prove me wrong. And understand that my intention behind saying that is to highlight just how important we are to the club. MH has been setup already, that ship has sailed. What makes us stay afloat is people coming to watch the games. The club wont dissapear unless the people do. What makes us more successful is more people coming to games and taking up membership. How is this done? Through the decisions of the staff at MH and the success on the pitch. The two go hand in hand.

• Like 1

No one goes to the pub that doesn't exist, do they?

Well according to you, someone is not a supporter of this club until they wear Merch either...

Not correct.

Moving on, the concern from the supporters over the care and conduct of the Club could be ameliorated by the release of a short document, like a progress report, from the CEO and Board, covering initial aims and goals, current situation and future aims and goals.