Melbourne Football

The Worry Room

Damiano

4. Ante Milicic is entirely as un-proven at senior level as John Aloisi is, he has certainly had a better pedigree as an assistant, but there's no guarantee that he would be the panacea that a lot of people seem to think he would be! 

There's no guarantee with many things. Theres no guarantee if Sir Alex himself worked with heart they would do well. Fact is fact though, Milicic had more experience, had been involved with senior level coaching for 2 years. He should have been the running the show for heart before aloisi. That is undisputable.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that Victory did it because I don't go to MV games apart from the derbies, I am aware that lots of clubs do it all over the world. Bayern Munich do it every home game as do many Bundesliga teams (nt just one). We also don't have to avoid it because MV also do it, we don't have to do it because they already do it, we should do it because we want to and it works for us in terms of match day experience.

I agree with you about ACG, love then or hate them we need to find a way to make it work, it's in our own interests.

2. We are not Victory and we have to stop trying to be like them. Just coz they have an old school song played before the game, we go pick "so happy together" to play before the game. We didn't have to, but we have, that's fine. What pissed me off the most is that only after the second Etihad Derby did the announcer stop announcing our players' last name! Why? Because that's what Victory did at the Derby. I don't think it works for Heart. It might work for Victory when they have 16k at a game, but not so well when we only have 6k! So let's please go back to the announcer actually announcing the whole name please.

Edited by belaguttman

I wasn't aware that Victory did it because I don't go to MV games apart from the derbies, I am aware that lots of clubs do it all over the world. Bayern Munich do it every home game as do many Bundesliga teams (nt just one). We also don't have to avoid it because MV also do it, we don't have to do it because they already do it, we should do it because we want to and it works for us in terms of match day experience.

I agree with you about ACG, love then or hate them we need to find a way to make it work, it's in our own interests.

2. We are not Victory and we have to stop trying to be like them. Just coz they have an old school song played before the game, we go pick "so happy together" to play before the game. We didn't have to, but we have, that's fine. What pissed me off the most is that only after the second Etihad Derby did the announcer stop announcing our players' last name! Why? Because that's what Victory did at the Derby. I don't think it works for Heart. It might work for Victory when they have 16k at a game, but not so well when we only have 6k! So let's please go back to the announcer actually announcing the whole name please.

Agreed. I like the calling out the surname bit. Or in the case of Brazilians, their name.

Bayern fans also call out the score when the team is ahead (that's most of the time this season): the announcer calls out 'Bayern', the fans answer with the score, he calls out the opponent, the fans answer with the score, then the announcer says 'Danke' (thank you), and the fans answer 'Bitte' (literally please but the equivalent of you're welcome). I like that banter.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

4. Ante Milicic is entirely as un-proven at senior level as John Aloisi is, he has certainly had a better pedigree as an assistant, but there's no guarantee that he would be the panacea that a lot of people seem to think he would be! 

There's no guarantee with many things. Theres no guarantee if Sir Alex himself worked with heart they would do well. Fact is fact though, Milicic had more experience, had been involved with senior level coaching for 2 years. He should have been the running the show for heart before aloisi. That is undisputable.

Agree with everything except that champ :up:

Good thread to have a rant, rave, rage or just express your concerns in a 2013 sort of way. If the thread isn't of interest, don't look in it. We need threads like this. The off season is very long you know. Here goes: 1. I'm not a member of the active area, but i go to every home game and I wear my Heart gear EVERY SINGLE TIME! Even on a 35 degree day I'll take my scarf and if it's over 40 degrees and too hot for a Heart polo I'll wear a red and white singlet! Why? To support my club! It'd be nice if more than the Active fan area actually wore Heart colours too. I strongly believe it will enhance the whole spectacle that is the active area, but even if you don't think that the case, why not show support for your club by wearing red and white? 2. We are not Victory and we have to stop trying to be like them. Just coz they have an old school song played before the game, we go pick "so happy together" to play before the game. We didn't have to, but we have, that's fine. What pissed me off the most is that only after the second Etihad Derby did the announcer stop announcing our players' last name! Why? Because that's what Victory did at the Derby. I don't think it works for Heart. It might work for Victory when they have 16k at a game, but not so well when we only have 6k! So let's please go back to the announcer actually announcing the whole name please. 3. The active supporters are a VERY important part of this club. A few of you got pissed off with what came out of the representatives group saying that the club will not tolerate bad behaviour, unfriendly etiquette and idiots making other fans & families feel threatened. That's not to say they will dismantle the active area! That does mean that you need to start getting along with ACG security. I know ACG get their own power trips, but we can't continue being at war with them. 4. The club chose Aloisi over Ante Milicic to be coach because Aloisi had a "higher profile"...yeah, as a PLAYER!! Not as a fucking coach - it's hands down the worst decision the club's ever made. Hopefully even with a completely new team next season they'll realise - not necessarily how shit JA is but - how inexperienced he is! He does not know how to control his players, treat his players (by not shaking hands), how to adapt when you're up, how to adapt when you're down 2-0 and still playing the same counter attack shit with no bright light, no saviour, no spark in sight! Hopefully he uses this time in Europe to pick up some useful tactics because his current repertoire is...well, shit! 5. The club's Field of Dreams mentality of "if you build it they will come" is outdated. The club's been built, some have come, some have come and gone, but there are still so many football fans out there for the taking, but there's just been nothing inspiring about Heart to get those people to the games and get them coming again and again. We need to do things differently! Sign a bloody Marquee player. Sidwell should know - to make money you need to spend money! Spend $2m on one or two marquee players to join the club, which should also inspire the club to perform better and watch the whole bottom tier of AAMI Park fill up week after week - If they do it right, the season after we might even need to start opening up the top level for when the bigger clubs arrive! 6. There's no "Us Vs them" on this forum. We're all Heart fans (apart from the occasional tard). Whether we're Active Members, Category A, B or even Ace of Hearts members. We love this club and we shouldn't turn on each other, which I've seen many times over. Some of us will have opinions, thoughts, suggestions which someone else may not agree with or have different ideas, but we shouldn't turn on each other. This is where Red & White Unite so let's all get along please! Anyway - I'm sure most of you will tear my post to shreds, but hey, this is the worry room and I just had to get that out off my chest. I leave you with the motto on our very own City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms, "We gather strength as we go". Go Heart! Love, love this!!!!!!!!!

Good thread to have a rant, rave, rage or just express your concerns in a 2013 sort of way. If the thread isn't of interest, don't look in it. We need threads like this. The off season is very long you know. Here goes: 1. I'm not a member of the active area, but i go to every home game and I wear my Heart gear EVERY SINGLE TIME! Even on a 35 degree day I'll take my scarf and if it's over 40 degrees and too hot for a Heart polo I'll wear a red and white singlet! Why? To support my club! It'd be nice if more than the Active fan area actually wore Heart colours too. I strongly believe it will enhance the whole spectacle that is the active area, but even if you don't think that the case, why not show support for your club by wearing red and white? 2. We are not Victory and we have to stop trying to be like them. Just coz they have an old school song played before the game, we go pick "so happy together" to play before the game. We didn't have to, but we have, that's fine. What pissed me off the most is that only after the second Etihad Derby did the announcer stop announcing our players' last name! Why? Because that's what Victory did at the Derby. I don't think it works for Heart. It might work for Victory when they have 16k at a game, but not so well when we only have 6k! So let's please go back to the announcer actually announcing the whole name please. 3. The active supporters are a VERY important part of this club. A few of you got pissed off with what came out of the representatives group saying that the club will not tolerate bad behaviour, unfriendly etiquette and idiots making other fans & families feel threatened. That's not to say they will dismantle the active area! That does mean that you need to start getting along with ACG security. I know ACG get their own power trips, but we can't continue being at war with them. 4. The club chose Aloisi over Ante Milicic to be coach because Aloisi had a "higher profile"...yeah, as a PLAYER!! Not as a fucking coach - it's hands down the worst decision the club's ever made. Hopefully even with a completely new team next season they'll realise - not necessarily how shit JA is but - how inexperienced he is! He does not know how to control his players, treat his players (by not shaking hands), how to adapt when you're up, how to adapt when you're down 2-0 and still playing the same counter attack shit with no bright light, no saviour, no spark in sight! Hopefully he uses this time in Europe to pick up some useful tactics because his current repertoire is...well, shit! 5. The club's Field of Dreams mentality of "if you build it they will come" is outdated. The club's been built, some have come, some have come and gone, but there are still so many football fans out there for the taking, but there's just been nothing inspiring about Heart to get those people to the games and get them coming again and again. We need to do things differently! Sign a bloody Marquee player. Sidwell should know - to make money you need to spend money! Spend $2m on one or two marquee players to join the club, which should also inspire the club to perform better and watch the whole bottom tier of AAMI Park fill up week after week - If they do it right, the season after we might even need to start opening up the top level for when the bigger clubs arrive! 6. There's no "Us Vs them" on this forum. We're all Heart fans (apart from the occasional tard). Whether we're Active Members, Category A, B or even Ace of Hearts members. We love this club and we shouldn't turn on each other, which I've seen many times over. Some of us will have opinions, thoughts, suggestions which someone else may not agree with or have different ideas, but we shouldn't turn on each other. This is where Red & White Unite so let's all get along please! Anyway - I'm sure most of you will tear my post to shreds, but hey, this is the worry room and I just had to get that out off my chest. I leave you with the motto on our very own City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms, "We gather strength as we go". Go Heart! Love, love this!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ my screen just exploded!

i love hearing people's opinion but please, space it out a bit champ!!

Jesus Christ my screen just exploded!

i love hearing people's opinion but please, space it out a bit champ!!

Haven't you heard? Paragraphs aren't 'cool' these days.

• Like 1

There's no guarantee with many things. Theres no guarantee if Sir Alex himself worked with heart they would do well. Fact is fact though, Milicic had more experience, had been involved with senior level coaching for 2 years. He should have been the running the show for heart before aloisi. That is undisputable.Agree with everything except that champ :up: Hahaha the only guarantee in life is death and taxes Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Good thread to have a rant, rave, rage or just express your concerns in a 2013 sort of way.

If the thread isn't of interest, don't look in it.

Good point, which is how I felt in our 1st, 2nd, & 3rd season

But MHFC has failed to inspire me for the 4th season. I really hope that MHFC get there act together and elevate the club and show all supporters that we have a bright future.

We need threads like this. The off season is very long you know.

Keep the thread, maybe change the title?

Really got a positive lift yesterday to drive past my local hospital and see the Heart bus parked outside, and even better to come home later and find it just 50m from my driveway at the local senior school. Don't know whether it was on 'official business' of course, but I thought - 'Hell, for better or worse I'm a member of that tribe' and it made a lousy day so much better.

There are good things about MHFC. We just need to talk about them more often.

Edited by Attack11

I'm actually a little bit tired of nothing being updated on the heart website. It's been 7 days since they posted anything on there. Starting to wonder whether they have collapsed dead and maybe should call police or ambos to go check on them. Victory website has posted 4 articles alone this week regarding the allstars, club songs, socceroos etc. and are in constant contact with members. Why is it that every club is updating their website except heart. FFS. Not asking for miracles just for someone to go above and beyond what they have to do at heart management. Someone to show love for the club they run. I would like to think being in charge of a national club would inspire you to do this.

I'm actually a little bit tired of nothing being updated on the heart website. It's been 7 days since they posted anything on there. Starting to wonder whether they have collapsed dead and maybe should call police or ambos to go check on them. Victory website has posted 4 articles alone this week regarding the allstars, club songs, socceroos etc. and are in constant contact with members. Why is it that every club is updating their website except heart. FFS. Not asking for miracles just for someone to go above and beyond what they have to do at heart management. Someone to show love for the club they run. I would like to think being in charge of a national club would inspire you to do this.

Been mentioned many times before. Seems inconsistent, doesn't it, with the emphasis the club places on using 'social media'? The site has been updated in the past 24 hours to remove the released players from the playing list, but still doesn't show the full list of those signed for next season (Mitchinson, Mauk and Ramsay missing). Agree with your basic sentiments - of all the HAL clubs it is MHFC that needs to keep its profile up during the off-season because we are the one facing the stiffest competition for media coverage.

The feeling I get is its almost like MHFC is purely just a business to the owners and nothing else.

It's a management issue. The emphasis seems to be on running banal Twitter opinion polls (favourite player from season 1 etc. - who cares might I ask?) rather than putting out more substantial information. Over our three years of existence I have e-mailed the club at least five times about the web-site - each time action has been taken but then we go into snooze mode again.

Maybe there out busy, signing quality players oh wait :P

The club has made an active effort to keep its social media presence up in the off-season, this has likely come at the expense of the website. How long has the expression of interests for next years membership been on the website? I've only just noticed it.

I first saw it about a week ago. About the time the tiles in the left-hand column were also changed? Can't be any more definitive than that I'm afraid.

9 days and counting, paramedics are on the way

9 days and counting, paramedics are on the way Only the Nux beats us - their last update was on 27 April. Maybe we should have a heart beat indicator on our website that shows whether there is anybody in the office. Trouble is it would be flatlining most of the time LOL

Maybe the club has realised that social media and what not has killed off any need for an official website and are only keeping it up as a formality.

Don't agree. Someone not actively involved with MHFC and wishing to find out more about the club is much more likely to go to the official web-site rather than look for a Twitter or Facebook account.

Just as you would if you were wanting to find out more about, say, a company listed on the ASX and its products.

A web-site is one of the important public 'faces' of any organization, and needs to be kept informative and up-to-date.

Heart's official website, like all A-League club official websites, is weighed down a lot by the many restrictions the FFA place on it. They restrict the domain name, much of the layout and most of the website format. So I think that's one thing to remember, that no A-League club is that responsible for what is on, and what is not on, their website.

I agree that it still has a good functional use, as jw1739 says. But I'm not overly fussed, as long as Heart gets the information out some way or another, whether through social media, traditional media outlets or its official website. I probably use this website more often than Heart's official website, because most/all of the important info usually ends up here. 

So overall for me, as long as the club keeps getting information out, that's enough.

Edited by Murfy1

Heart's official website, like all A-League club official websites, is weighed down a lot by the many restrictions the FFA place on it. They restrict the domain name, much of the layout and most of the website format. So I think that's one thing to remember, that no A-League club is that responsible for what is on, and what is not on, their website.

Absolutely right. I was aware of that. It's called 'censorship' and it's one of the reasons why I think FFA largely fails in its responsibility for the growth of the game. It is one of the direct results of such excessive control that the clubs fail to develop any real character of their own, and trundle along at a lowest common denominator. Excessive centralised control always ends up with this result.

Edited by jw1739