Melbourne Football

Tadic GONE

MrAiDaN66

I will look back on the guy fondly, but as I have said before at the end of day I think we need a better Number Nine...

The reality is that Eli in Season Two as unreliable as he was, was a better player (Esp when Up and About) than the Ditch was in Season Three.

The clean out continues. Its good to see that the players who had so-so seasons are being moved on. We're actually starting to become a club that demands excellence and nothing else out of its players.

I still think Germano should've gone too, but with the culling of all these players we're going to have a BIG offseason of signings

• Like 1

I'm happy I don't have to put up with that fucking terrible nickname any more.

DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH

DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH DITCH :D

He was a quality player and at the right age, a shame to see him leave. I'm interested to know whether this was a decision of the clubs or his own decision not to re-sign.

It's always very hard with getting the right visa players , especially when bringing in a striker because clubs demand success and plenty of goals from them in their first season. In a way it's good to see the club aiming higher, let's just hope they get it right.

I think Tadic definitely had the quality and potential to do well in this league, but as others above have mentioned, getting service from hoffman and thompson doesn't do him any justice. Also the way we played at times this season was horrible, and i think the way we played under JVS, especially in season 2, would've seen him score bags goals. Another reason why i think Eli didn't do as well with us when he came back, because our system of play under JVS suited him a lot more than under Aloisi where he had balls flying at him from everywhere.

Having said that, if Aloisi wants to continue playing more direct, then he needs to sign the players who will do that for him. Tadic is a quality player, but not for the way we've been playing this season. We looked our best under aloisi when our quicker players were released down the wings, and were hitting teams quick on the counter. Therefore he should be looking at signing players with a lot of pace to burn, dare i say, the Alex Terra type. (obviously with more quality about them)

Then again, he could have also been released to make room for a marquee striker. Time will tell.

ffs if it wasn't for the discounts at the imp I'd seriously reconsider renewing my membership next season.

Lol,

Is your Mircowave on the rebound with the Tigers good start to the Season? Nah microwave hasn't recovered since losing to Gold Coast last season :(

Anyone know if Tadic was on much money here? Hopefully this opens the window further for a big marquee signing..

Someone posted in another thread that you could have the best striker in the world, but that is to no avail if the midfield can't provide him the opportunities.

I wonder if the Club is content with Babalj, Macallister and Hoffman as the central striker, but will look to get quality foreign mids, particularly a goalscoring, creative AM and a boss DM?

ffs if it wasn't for the discounts at the imp I'd seriously reconsider renewing my membership next season.

Lol,

Is your Mircowave on the rebound with the Tigers good start to the Season? Nah microwave hasn't recovered since losing to Gold Coast last season :(

Anyone know if Tadic was on much money here? Hopefully this opens the window further for a big marquee signing..

My estimated guess is he was in the 200-300 range. Was definately in our top 5 earners.

No! We need a finisher! Get Ronaldo out of retirement and he'll still rip the players you mentioned apart!

D-Mac can definitely score and knows where the goals are...against VPL sides! Then again Aloisi would only bring him on for the last 5mins of a game and expect him to win the game for us!

Babalj could still flourish. He's shown us that he has the talent and with the right support and ball distribution to him he could dominate!

Sorry to see Tadic go - probably another Aloisi fuck up! Since we're getting a new midfield I think Tadic could've benefited.

Having said that, this opens the door for RAUL!! He has the name, he has the goods, he has the power, he's got the look!  ;)