Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Central Coast have just announced that they signed a 31 year old Dutch central defender.

We got a 34 year old. Fukk

and you want a 36yo Karagounis?? delusional individual :blink:

Can't compare. Karagounis is all class. Has won a euro, championship in Italy and Portugal. You don't even know who this fucking Dutch bloke is you goose.

You say "can't compare" then go on to list Greeky boy's achievements. Tidy up mate.

• Like 2

It's a shitty article by an American for an American website.

'Should Garcia exit the Heart this offseason, free agent Zenon Caravella could be an option'

It's hardly a link and I'm pretty sure Zenon isn't a free agent and that he signed for 2013/14 when he signed mid season with the jets.

Moving on.....

It's even worse than that. The writer of that article tweeted 'who would be good for Heart', and someone tweeted in response 'Caravella is free', and then he wrote that sentence...

The article stating 'meanwhile, rumors of bigger European names persist', with a link to Ambrosini is interesting. However, despite me hoping it's true, I'm not 100% about the credibility of this source.

Central Coast have just announced that they signed a 31 year old Dutch central defender.

I guess you have never heard of Maldini and Nesta then...

I'm sure there retired.

Nesta is playing for the Montreal Impact.

Here he is in action a few weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MlLfkUh23ic

Thanks for the link nicotera5.

Not sure how much to read into it, but massimo murdocca just tweeted a picture with Ivan Franjic saying "catching up with former team mate @franjic5 in Melbourne, hopefully teammates again in the future ;) "

Probably nothing, but just something to get the romour mill spinning again..

Not sure how much to read into it, but massimo murdocca just tweeted a picture with Ivan Franjic saying "catching up with former team mate @franjic5 in Melbourne, hopefully teammates again in the future ;) "

Well he's a Melbourne lad so one day hopefully :) 

Would be the perfect replacement for Jezza when he inevitably leaves as all of our young players do.

Might as well keep the mill turning...the timetable for new signings seems to have stalled completely.

Apparently we're trailing Bill Konstantinidis......

https://twitter.com/OSAussies/status/350931330420322305

It doesn't look like his wiki has been updated well but from what i can see he's 27 and has pretty much been going from team to team in second division in greece.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Konstantinidis

From the article in the tweet it seems like he's very keen to come back to the HAL, but i just hope it's not with us. With like 4-5 spots left in out squad and tonnes in the salary cap (I'm pretty sure) i'm only hoping for quality signings

From the 442 article:

442: What can you tell us about your plans for 2011/12 and give us a glimpse of your club aspirations for the future. Will Australia get a look in at some point?

Billy: At this point I believe remaining at Pierikos for another season will help me greatly for the future, my goal is to play outstanding football with statistics (goals assists and games). Another positive season will definitely lead to the Greece Super League or even a move to Bundesliga.2 (Germany) as I have already had discussions with some German based clubs. I’ve placed a huge amount of hard work to be in Europe for 5 1/2 years, but I would consider a serious offer from Australia, after all there’s no place like home.

Well the that turn out too well Billy! His market value is stated as 150,000 euro which seems a hit steep LOL.

Edited by HEARTinator

I guess you have never heard of Maldini and Nesta then...

I'm sure there retired.

STFU

you praise karagounis yet diss a 5 time UCL winner who played into his 40's.

Nesta is one of the best CB's ever, winning the UCL twice (?) himself. 

they have more talent in their pinky finger than karagounis has in his body. 

yes, my jimmies have been ruffled. 

• Like 1

It doesn't look like his wiki has been updated well but from what i can see he's 27 and has pretty much been going from team to team in second division in greece.

From the article in the tweet it seems like he's very keen to come back to the HAL, but i just hope it's not with us. With like 4-5 spots left in out squad and tonnes in the salary cap (I'm pretty sure) i'm only hoping for quality signings

He actually looks like exactly the player we need in that YouTube vid. Looks like he gives his all for the shirt too. If he doesn't take up a visa spot I'd be all for it.

Does anyone know what the quality of that league is like though? Looked fairly awful in that vid.

From what I've heard, we are keen on snapping up young-gun Jamie McLaren, who is looking to return home...

He plays as a No.9 or No.10 and could very much be our own Aaron Mooy. Added bonus is that he's also a Melbourne boy.

Maybe on trial along with Billy?

Sydney FC's signing of the impressive Corey Gameiro, who started the final game, is a positive move. Others, such as Jamie Maclaren, are said to be heading home as well.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/football/youth-adapting-to-realities-of-the-modern-game-20130629-2p3ve.html#ixzz2Xhu2M7A4

Edited by LR9
  • Like 3

Name wouldn't fit on the shirt! Might have shorten it, ala GK Theo, to Kon. Lol

From what I've heard, we are keen on snapping up young-gun Jamie McLaren, who is looking to return home...

He plays as a No.9 or No.10 and could very much be our own Aaron Mooy. Added bonus is that he's also a Melbourne boy.

Maybe on trial along with Billy?

Sydney FC's signing of the impressive Corey Gameiro, who started the final game, is a positive move.

Others, such as Jamie Maclaren, are said to be heading home as well.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/football/youth-adapting-to-realities-of-the-modern-game-20130629-2p3ve.html#ixzz2Xhu2M7A4

Please please let this be true. 

Here's a good article on him: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Aussies-Abroad-Maclaren-knocking-on-the-door/47057

He sounds like a quality forward. He's spent a good few years in Blackburn Rovers youth academy, and was even "the top-scorer for Blackburn's academy" around 2012. And going off the Blackburn u21 videos on youtube, and that classy goal he scored against Turkey at the u20 World Cup a few days ago, he looks like a skillful player with an eye for goal.

Icing on the cake, he's a Melbourne boy as well.

He told the author of the above article, which is dated last year, that he is "keen to experience some first team football and is eyeing off a potential loan move next season", so hopefully he is open to joining an A-League side like Heart.

We have a reason for optimism too, and that is Maclaren knows Vince Grella, and gets on with him "very well".

I'd be very pleased with Heart's recruitment once more if we secured Maclaren. Things have gotten a bit slow recently, but really I don't care if recruitment is slow as long as we sign quality players.

Edited by Murfy1

If a player has dual citizenship for example Greece and Australia  would they still be considered visa player? as billy was born in Melbourne

Nope, he'd have Australian Citizenship having been born in Australia so he wouldn't take up a Visa spot.

You can be both a Greek and Australian citizen so I doubt he would've have given up his Aussie citizenship!

• Like 1

MacLaren to Perth.

God dammit. Corey Gameiro to Sydney, Jamie Maclaren to Perth and Brent Mcgrath is rumoured to be heading to Western Sydney...

IMO we need a good and young Australian striker. We shouldn't have only Macallister as our backup striker. We should have Macallister and a good young Australian striker (no point using a VISA spot on a non-starter), as our new striker won't be able to play 90 minutes of every game, and if that new striker became injured I'd be very weary if we only had Macallister as cover.

Maybe Heart intend to play Kewell as a striker. Or maybe the club is so confident that our new striker will score goals that they don't believe that we need any more cover. Or maybe they are just really taking their time to secure another decent striker. I don't know.

We released the most players, so we have to sign the most players. This recruitment lag is getting rather frustrating. 

Edited by Murfy1

instead of macallister, we should have a promising young Australian striker as a backup to our visa striker.

Definitely. Ideally, that's the arrangement Heart should have.

If Macallister followed up on his impressive pre-season form, then I wouldn't mind. But he scored 1 goal in 20 games last season. And over his last 35 games (+1500 minutes) he scored 4 goals. 

One could argue that he (and our other forwards) got terrible service last season. He only had 14 attempts on goal (6 on target). But I don't think that fully explains his scoring record. 

Heart should consider letting him go, as he's taking up a valuable position that could be filled by a Gameiro/Maclaren/Mcgrath (i.e. promising young Australian striker).

If he has another good preseason and carries that form over to next season, scoring a goal every game or two, then I won't care. But I don't see that happening.