Melbourne Football

City in the headlines

millm103

Its the same guy that got carried off in a Strecher a couple of weeks ago at Celtic Park in the Petrov Charity Match.

He has some background in football...

And FWIW Niall Quinn was a Republic of Ireland Legend who could of almost been an AFL Legend if he had taken up an offer from the Dee's instead of heading to England to pursue Soccer instead.

Edited by cadete

Nothing hugely interesting, there's an intraclub match tomorrow where everyone will get 90 minutes, interestingly he seems to want Mifsud to be a poacher and nothing else, not coming for the ball, just finishing it off, given the wealth of talent we've got behind him.

I think we should stop trying to convert players from their natural game into something that they're not.

• Like 3

But Heart haven't done anything except let him come and spend some time at training. The club doesn't seem to have exploited it for publicity at all. Which is smart. They don't need to exploit it because the thousands of young females who obsess over this band have already seen the pictures. And I think it's an important source of support. Girls follow and play the game in good numbers. And the more kids we get following the club, the more that support will spread through schools etc, and help establish the club for years to come. As a great philosopher once said, 'I believe the children are the future, teach them well, let them lead the way...'

Just did a facebook post about it then. I hate it but I understand it from the clubs perspective and think it probably is a good idea. 

Nothing hugely interesting, there's an intraclub match tomorrow where everyone will get 90 minutes, interestingly he seems to want Mifsud to be a poacher and nothing else, not coming for the ball, just finishing it off, given the wealth of talent we've got behind him.

I think we should stop trying to convert players from their natural game into something that they're not.

Y'know people keep saying give Aloisi a chance, see how he goes in the season proper, etc, but by golly by jingo my confidence in him has evaporated.

Well it seems to be his strong point, but he does have other qualities as a footballer.

I dont mind just as long as he kicks a bag of goals :)

Garuccio and Mauk Selected in Young Socceroos

Melbourne HEart FC's teenage duo of Benjamin Garuccio and Stefan Mauk have been selected in the Young Socceroos squad for the upcoming AFC U-19 Championship Qualifiers.

Young Socceroos Head Coach Paul Okon has selected a 23-player squad for the tournament, which will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 3-7 October 2013.

Okon has selected 16 Australian-based players from the Hyundai A-League clubs and the Australian Institute of Sport and 7 overseas-based players from England, Italy and Spain.

With the benefit of a number of tournaments and training camps together, Okon is optimistic about his team’s prospects.

“This will be the first time that we will have overseas-based and Australian-based groups of players together for the tournament,” said Okon

“This is the first formal step in the qualification campaign for the FIFA U-20 World Cup and our goal for this tournament is to top the group.

“The conditions in Malaysia will be tough, with high heat and humidity expected.

“For this reason, we have chosen to arrive in Kuala Lumpur early to acclimatize and prepare ourselves for the tournament,” concluded Okon.

The Young Socceroos will depart Australia this Friday and will line-up against Hong Kong in their first match of the tournament on Thursday 3 October. The Young Socceroos will then face Chinese Taipei (Saturday 5 October) and Vietnam (Monday 7 October).

The Group winners of the nine groups (five from West Zone and four from the East Zone) along with the six best-placed sides and hosts Myanmar will qualify for the AFC U-19 Championship which will be held in October 2014.

The AFC U-19 Championship also serve as the qualifiers for the FIFA U-20 World Cup with the top-four sides of the 2014 edition booking a place each in the FIFA U-20 World Cup to be held in New Zealand in 2015.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Garuccio-and-Mauk-selected-in-Young-Socceroos/75730

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Good news for Garuccio and Mauk to make the squad, especially because this squad also selected overseas-based players.

However, Garuccio and Mauk will almost certainly be unavailable for round 1 now. If the game against Vietnam is the last match the Young Socceroos play, there is a slim chance they could be available. But I'm pretty sure there is a round after the group stage (which are the matches mentioned in the article), and the Young Socceroos will almost certainly progress to that later stage, given that their group includes Vietnam, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Edited by Murfy1

Very good to get a number of player reports from Aloisi in that video.

- Kewell & Mifsud will be rested, as we know, and according to Davutovic they will both play football next week (on Friday)

- Migliorini will play 45 minutes (presumably tomorrow) 

- Wielaert joins the team on Monday for full training

- Kalmar is also doing full training

- Dugandzic and Mebrahtu are 'looking great'

So apart from Engelaar, Macallister and possibly Germano, all of the squad are pretty much fit, apparently.

The squad looks to be shaping up pretty well for the start of the season.

Edited by Murfy1

Very good to get a number of player reports from Aloisi in that video.

- Kewell & Mifsud will be rested, as we know, and according to Davutovic they will both play football next week (on Friday)

- Migliorini will play 45 minutes (presumably tomorrow) 

- Wielaert joins the team on Monday for full training

- Kalmar is also doing full training

- Dugandzic and Mebrahtu are 'looking great'

So apart from Engelaar, Macallister and possibly Germano, all of the squad are pretty much fit, apparently.

The squad looks to be shaping up pretty well for the start of the season.

I thought he said Kalmar starts full training next Monday as well as Wielardt. Given they've both missed a few weeks, I'd say it will be touch and go if they're fully ready for round 1. I'm guessing probably none of Wielardt, Kalmar or Magliorinio will be right for 90 minutes at this stage, but might come off the bench if needed.

I'd think Migliorini could certainly be in contention to start, I think he should have enough match fitness come October 12. Probably alongside Mass, with the Pattys pairing together at the back?

It would be silly to throw in an underdone Wielaert, however Aloisi said a couple of days ago 'he is naturally very fit' - whatever the fuck he actually meant by that, only god knows...

I reckon Kalmar has a longer road back, he hasn't featured much this preaseason. Same goes for Jonatan.

• Like 1

I'd think Migliorini could certainly be in contention to start, I think he should have enough match fitness come October 12. Probably alongside Mass, with the Pattys pairing together at the back? It would be silly to throw in an underdone Wielaert, however Aloisi said a couple of days ago 'he is naturally very fit' - whatever the fuck he actually meant by that, only god knows... I reckon Kalmar has a longer road back, he hasn't featured much this preaseason. Same goes for Jonatan.

So I'm presuming Patty G's suspension has been served?

I'd think Migliorini could certainly be in contention to start, I think he should have enough match fitness come October 12. Probably alongside Mass, with the Pattys pairing together at the back? It would be silly to throw in an underdone Wielaert, however Aloisi said a couple of days ago 'he is naturally very fit' - whatever the fuck he actually meant by that, only god knows... I reckon Kalmar has a longer road back, he hasn't featured much this preaseason. Same goes for Jonatan.

idk, probably not.

Edited by LR9

I'd think Migliorini could certainly be in contention to start, I think he should have enough match fitness come October 12. Probably alongside Mass, with the Pattys pairing together at the back? It would be silly to throw in an underdone Wielaert, however Aloisi said a couple of days ago 'he is naturally very fit' - whatever the fuck he actually meant by that, only god knows... I reckon Kalmar has a longer road back, he hasn't featured much this preaseason. Same goes for Jonatan.

Yes it has!

• Like 1

I'd think Migliorini could certainly be in contention to start, I think he should have enough match fitness come October 12. Probably alongside Mass, with the Pattys pairing together at the back? It would be silly to throw in an underdone Wielaert, however Aloisi said a couple of days ago 'he is naturally very fit' - whatever the fuck he actually meant by that, only god knows... I reckon Kalmar has a longer road back, he hasn't featured much this preaseason. Same goes for Jonatan.

So I'm presuming Patty G's suspension has been served? Yes it has! So he'll definitely play round 1? Was the match he didn't play against Perth the one where he served it?

idk, probably not.

So Often i feel JA just talks bullshit. i dont really trust much of what he says atm.

RE suspensions Scott sent some texts around and responded with its all clear, after we asked about Paddy G. Sounds like the club found some loophole with the system. guess its a postitive when your GM is also a Lawyer.

Edited by billyheart