Melbourne Heart v Adelaide United

Venue: AAMI Park

Kick off: 7.30 PM

Referee: Chris Beath

Assistant referee 1: George Lakrindis

Assistant referee 2: Jonathan Barreiro

Fourth official: Lucien Laverdure

Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sports 1

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #MHvREDS. Follow us @MelbourneHeart

Purchase tickets here.

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1. Clint Bolton (GK), 3. Cameron Edwards, 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Fred, 6. Patrick Gerhardt, 8. Matt Thompson, 11. Richard Garcia, 13. Jonatan Germano 14. Golgol Mebrahtu, 15. David Williams, 16, Marcel Meeuwis, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. David Vrankovic, 19. Ben Garuccio, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 21. Jamie Coyne, 22. Nick Kalmar, 25. Jeremy Walker, 36. Eli Babalj (Five to be omitted)

Ins: 3. Cameron Edwards (promoted), 10. Josip Tadic (returns from injury), 17. Jason Hoffman (promoted), 18. David Vrankovic (promoted), 19. Ben Garuccio (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 23. Mate Dugandzic (broken foot – season)

Adelaide United squad: 1.Eugene Galekovic (gk) ©, 3.Nigel Boogaard, 4.Jon McKain, 5.Iain Fyfe, 6.Cassio, 8.Marcelo Carrusca, 10.Dario Vidosic, 12.Antony Golec, 14.Cameron Watson, 16.Daniel Bowles, 17.Iain Ramsay, 20.Paul Izzo (gk), 21.Jeronimo Neumann, 22.Fabio Ferreira, 23.Evan Kostopoulos, 24.Awer Mabil, 25.Tomi Juric (Two to be omitted)

Ins: Jon McKain (returns from suspension), Iain Fyfe (promoted), Fabio Ferreira (returns from injury)

Outs: Osama Malik (suspended – 1 match)

Unavailable: Bruce Djite (ankle – 1 week)

2 points. 1) Chris Beath. Urgh. 2) Edwards and Garuccio are interestingly named in the squad. Must be training well.

Monday, March 11

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #MHvREDS. Follow us @MelbourneHeart

Purchase tickets here.

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1. Clint Bolton (GK), 3. Cameron Edwards, 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Fred, 6. Patrick Gerhardt, 8. Matt Thompson, 11. Richard Garcia, 13. Jonatan Germano 14. Golgol Mebrahtu, 15. David Williams, 16, Marcel Meeuwis, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. David Vrankovic, 19. Ben Garuccio, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 21. Jamie Coyne, 22. Nick Kalmar, 25. Jeremy Walker, 36. Eli Babalj (Five to be omitted)

Ins: 3. Cameron Edwards (promoted), 10. Josip Tadic (returns from injury), 17. Jason Hoffman (promoted), 18. David Vrankovic (promoted), 19. Ben Garuccio (promoted)

Adelaide United squad: 1.Eugene Galekovic (gk) ©, 3.Nigel Boogaard, 4.Jon McKain, 5.Iain Fyfe, 6.Cassio, 8.Marcelo Carrusca, 10.Dario Vidosic, 12.Antony Golec, 14.Cameron Watson, 16.Daniel Bowles, 17.Iain Ramsay, 20.Paul Izzo (gk), 21.Jeronimo Neumann, 22.Fabio Ferreira, 23.Evan Kostopoulos, 24.Awer Mabil, 25.Tomi Juric (Two to be omitted)

Ins: Jon McKain (returns from suspension), Iain Fyfe (promoted), Fabio Ferreira (returns from injury)

2 points. 1) Chris Beath. Urgh. 2) Edwards and Garuccio are interestingly named in the squad. Must be training well.

Have they not been named the past 3 or 4 weeks at least? (At least for home games)

Monday, March 11

Purchase tickets here.

Have they not been named the past 3 or 4 weeks at least? (At least for home games)

Hoffman should not even be named on the sheet

Fred WAS a big money player.....

He still is. Ok this year, because of his shitty body, he hasn't been able to show us his full form however, his come off the bench for two games now, hasn't set the world on fire but has been solid. We need him to start this game. I would still keep Kalmar on the bench but Fred is our captian. The guy can't lead by example sitting on the bench. Can't agree.

Being solid is not a matchwinner and I'd argue he has not been above this level all season.

Also his body is not ever going to be reliable again, so will never be a consistent force. No more a matchwinner.

We have to deal with that fact and have him off the bench and show confidence to a better performed Kalmar. People seem to forget how good we were last year when this guy was the main catalyst in getting us to 3rd place on the ladder. Again his body cut down him and our season but the guy was arguably the best player in the league for half of last season.

Kalmar has shown 2 games of good form and yet suddenly we are all on his bandwagon?? I understand yes, we need to support the youth but twice on the road last week and against Newcastle the Nicky just got destroyed. If we were serious about promoting youth Varankovic would still be in the starting line up now. But thats another conversaton

Basically if i was aliosi who would you pick, a proven performer or a 2 game hero????

Fred WAS a big money player.....

He still is. Ok this year, because of his shitty body, he hasn't been able to show us his full form however, his come off the bench for two games now, hasn't set the world on fire but has been solid. We need him to start this game. I would still keep Kalmar on the bench but Fred is our captian. The guy can't lead by example sitting on the bench. Can't agree.

Being solid is not a matchwinner and I'd argue he has not been above this level all season.

Also his body is not ever going to be reliable again, so will never be a consistent force. No more a matchwinner.

We have to deal with that fact and have him off the bench and show confidence to a better performed Kalmar. People seem to forget how good we were last year when this guy was the main catalyst in getting us to 3rd place on the ladder. Again his body cut down him and our season but the guy was arguably the best player in the league for half of last season.

Kalmar has shown 2 games of good form and yet suddenly we are all on his bandwagon?? I understand yes, we need to support the youth but twice on the road last week and against Newcastle the Nicky just got destroyed. If we were serious about promoting youth Varankovic would still be in the starting line up now. But thats another conversaton

Basically if i was aliosi who would you pick, a proven performer or a 2 game hero????

Firstly Madaschi was the catalyst for us getting to 3rd last seadon

secondly I have been a big supporter of Kalmar for a long time I beleive with consistent game time he will show what he is really capable of.

Fred it seems no longer knows when the ball should be moved forward quickly. Just because we are trying to move away from being soley a counter attacking team it doesn't mean that when a quick break is on you slow the play down n pass back to a defender.

Another problem with Fred these days is that he does pass the ball back way too much. I would expect this from a defensive midfielder and a central midfielder, but as an attacking midfielder he should be looking to move the ball foward or out wide. He does this hardly as much as he did last season.

• Like 1

Reckon Germano could be dropped to the bench this week in favour of Meeuwis and in order to protect Thompson's ambition of playing 200 this weekend. suspect otherwise that we'd play a fairly similar team to last week.

Edited by Che

If we lose this I think our most likely finishing position is 10th.

agree. There's little between 5th and 10th this season but irrespective of where we finish we don't deserve to play in the finals without an away win out of Melbourne.

why? 

we are in the points business. not the away wins business.

If we lose this I think our most likely finishing position is 10th.

agree. There's little between 5th and 10th this season but irrespective of where we finish we don't deserve to play in the finals without an away win out of Melbourne.

why? 

we are in the points business. not the away wins business.

why, well to state the obvious we will have won less than half our matches and without a win out of Melbourne since December 2011 we would have to play an away final.

• Like 1

So lineup is on twitter. Meuwiss is starting along with Tadic. No germano in the team

Walker   Vrancovic  Collossimo Coyne

Meuwiss Thompson

Kalmar

Garcia Tadic Williams

Subs: Golgol Babalj Fred Bolton

Edited by Dylan

JA taking the opportunity to rotate and/or rest.

Meeuwis deserves a start, and Thommo's playing his 200th, so no chance he'd be dropped.

Fred's too valuable to leave out completely, so there's no room for Germano on the bench. He can use the rest anyway.

Gerhardt isn't really needed either. Vranks will do a solid job.

JA taking the opportunity to rotate and/or rest. Meeuwis deserves a start, and Thommo's playing his 200th, so no chance he'd be dropped.Fred's too valuable to leave out completely, so there's no room for Germano on the bench. He can use the rest anyway. Gerhardt isn't really needed either. Vranks will do a solid job.

I'm sorry but this isn't the week to be resting

We lose we kiss our finals chance goodbye

Germano was our best player last week and Gerhardt has been our most consistent performer this season

If it is for resting then JA is a idiot and really would have lost me

Edited by harps21
  • Like 1

JA taking the opportunity to rotate and/or rest. Meeuwis deserves a start, and Thommo's playing his 200th, so no chance he'd be dropped.Fred's too valuable to leave out completely, so there's no room for Germano on the bench. He can use the rest anyway. Gerhardt isn't really needed either. Vranks will do a solid job.

I'm sorry but this isn't the week to be resting

We lose we kiss our finals chance goodbye

Germano was our best player last week and Gerhardt has been our most consistent performer this season

If it is for resting then JA is a idiot and really would have lost me

To be honest, I think we can win this game without those two.

Therefore, I don't mind the move.

The West Sydney game is just as important, and a much tougher game, so we need them more for that.