Melbourne Football

MHFC vs Adelaide - 11/03/13 @ 7.30pm - Rd 24

biancorosso7

I think that's a very important point regardless of what terminology you use for the lads down the front left of Yarraside. 

It's not hard to sing and participate is it, lads? Really? 

Yarraside is not the biggest of terraces by any long stretch of the imagination, so to have a group of lads - who should know better - dicking about all game is entirely detrimental to the rest of the terrace. 

• Like 1

I could sit here and write a scathing, emotional vent about the night as a whole and the performances of both the club and Yarraside. But I'm thinking, why bother? The Club doesn't give a toss. And the "specials" in the front left of Yarraside aren't going to take notice and change either.

Specials?

Please do not use words when you dont know what they mean.

Honestly, what is your problem? I have no idea who you are or the faintest about you, yet you come on this Forum and have a crack at people who express opinions contrary to your own, and make pointless remarks about nothing. I used the word "specials". It has a number of literal and/or dictionary meanings, which are all applicable. What has that post contributed? We all are working towards the same goal, so why antagonise and nitpick?

If you have a problem with me, or the way I operate on this Forum, come and talk to me about it at the pub next Saturday. Would be happy to discuss any issues with you.

I could sit here and write a scathing, emotional vent about the night as a whole and the performances of both the club and Yarraside. But I'm thinking, why bother? The Club doesn't give a toss. And the "specials" in the front left of Yarraside aren't going to take notice and change either.

Specials?

Honestly, what is your problem? I have no idea who you are or the faintest about you, yet you come on this Forum and have a crack at people who express opinions contrary to your own, and make pointless remarks about nothing. I used the word "specials". It has a number of literal and/or dictionary meanings, which are all applicable. What has that post contributed? We all are working towards the same goal, so why antagonise and nitpick?

If you have a problem with me, or the way I operate on this Forum, come and talk to me about it at the pub next Saturday. Would be happy to discuss any issues with you.

Before or after the game?  ;)

Specials?

My problem is that you seem to think it’s perfectly fine to have a crack at certain PPL in the Terrace cos of their appearance from the position of being the most uneducated  outsider.

You do realise that many of these “Specials” and those “Top Button Boys” you constantly refer to are the blokes who actually created your Terrace?

Are the blokes who run the day to day duties of your Terrace?

Who spent hours painting your Terraces Tifo displays?

Who spent hours making your Terrace Banners and the majority of its flags?

Who make the Scarves and Stickers for your Terrace?

Who travel around the country as much as any group of supporters for our Terrace?

So when you constantly knock these PPL from afar due to their appearance, how are you working towards the same goal for our Terrace?

And FFS its not hard to find out who Cadete is.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 6

Who spent most of the match dicking around and contributing fuck all to the game day atmosphere? 

Appearance has nothing to do with this, and the same goes for those lads in merch who stand in the middle of the terrace on their phones. 

• Like 3

Who spent most of the match dicking around and contributing fuck all to the game day atmosphere? 

Appearance has nothing to do with this, and the same goes for those lads in merch who stand in the middle of the terrace on their phones. 

No on else has a better view, This guy has been saying it for a while!

Very poor performance.

Did laugh twice :

a. "two balls, on the pitch, two balls two balls on the pitch"

b. bloke w shaved head in black t-shirt at back of Yarraside. Had match ball, held it out for Wank Security guard (shit haircut, some knob has told him he looks like Alistair Overeem) to get, then 'WAAAY' tosses the ball further up the back! Quality.

• Like 3

Chin up boys......

We looked great for 20 minutes, sure it all went to shit after that but we wont let that ruin a good story.

Bozza's trumpet could be heard loud and clear at the other end and so could Ando.

Id like to blame the heat - all our old guys seemed to struggle (think thats 80% of the team). 

Garcia didnt move in the second half, Fred went in hard for 30 minutes but doesnt help when the rest of the team has stopped.

Weve had a season of great wins and woeful losses.   (I think thats what they call football)

1 game to go at home - hold onto to that passion.

So except for those absent, its the Whole Terraces fault?

In a way perhaps it is. 

All it takes if to help the person near you out, of course I may have resorted to a more...militant approach in regards to the KGB last night. In all fairness, they deserved it. 

The work behind the scenes is great, but it's important it's backed up on the terrace. 

i don't think you want to start a mud slinging match as to why people didnt chant yesterday as tbh you chant selection was horrible, the sound of that mega was horrible, the gaps in between chants was too long and that drumming was atrocious. 

I know its a poisoned chalice, no one else wants to do it, but we seriously need to view a new full time capo and drummer. 

• Like 1

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

All trains were stopped - Stranded at Richmond

Walk up and down Swan Street - all taxis occupied

No taxi - walk all the way up to commercial road via Punt Road, fuck that hill.

Arrive home at 12:15 - School tomorrow

In the same boat. Exactly the same with me.. We got told some fuckwit decided to jump from a fed square building into the railway tracks where he then got stuck under a train What an idiot. Attempted suicide or thrill seeker (unsure what thrills would come from that but some people are fucked)?

Completely inaccurate.

Last night was the first time I've walked out of a Heart game before the final whistle was blown. That was fucking woeful!!

Didn't read anything beyond here...

i don't think you want to start a mud slinging match as to why people didnt chant yesterday as tbh you chant selection was horrible, the sound of that mega was horrible, the gaps in between chants was too long and that drumming was atrocious. 

I know its a poisoned chalice, no one else wants to do it, but we seriously need to view a new full time capo and drummer. 

What did you do to help?

Yeah, carm down guys...err I mean, calm down!  :P

We're all a bit upset, angry, furious, disappointed and/or boiling from the heat, but let's keep our cool and concentrate on the next match...

Says the bloke who an hour earlier dedicated a post to bagging a Terrace Member than is a mate of many posters on here for that fact he was was not wearing Merch. :droy:

Only watched last 20 minutes, glad i did.

Sorry but why the fuck did Gerhardt need to be rested? These guys play 1 game a week ffs.

PS for the record Yarraside sounded alright on tv for the crowd that attended.

Edited by Che

Fifthly, Meeuwis doesn't do it for me. Defensive midfielder or not, when you spend that much on a player you want to see results! I know it was his first start, but a player of his calibre shouldn't need 5 games to "get used to the team game". He should be able to slot in seamlessly and perform...he is our most expensive player and he was worse than Thommo yesterday!

Pulling you up on this.

Won most of the tackles he went for.

Composed in his passing.

Yes, he made a few mistakes with tackles and on the ball, but he was very solid.

And lastly, "when you spend that much on a player"... Please elaborate.

Where has it been stated how much we've paid him?

• Like 1

What did you do to help?

well there isnt many people who start chants from the back pal, but your talking to one of them

• Like 2

What did you do to help?

well there isnt many people who start chants from the back pal, but your talking to one of them

I don't know anything about how Yarraside works or anything like that but i'm guessing that doesn't do much to help the Capo lead chants for the whole terrace...

What did you do to help?

I don't know anything about how Yarraside works or anything like that but i'm guessing that doesn't do much to help the Capo lead chants for the whole terrace...

You mustnt grasp my point that what i am saying is the capo needs to be on the ball a little more. cut a chant when its on its knees, change the chants up, instead of running through the same 4 chants every 20 minutes. We distributed chant sheets earlier on in the season, with with 7 chants on it. we have only done 4 of those chants., not to mention the 10 other chants that we have that people already know. we've got enough chants that they should only be repeated twice a game.

Regardless this is not the place for chant selection discussions. I was merely stating the terrace was a mess yesterday and that focal point of that mess is the capo and the drummer. NOTHING PERSONAL   it is just my opinion, and then..what would I know

Wow. What the hell is happening here.

You know what. Fuck last night. It was a game to forget for the team and the Yarraside. Fuck this in fighting and if you didn't participate last night fuck you.

My opinion on last night. I don't care who you are, what you wear or anything else insignificant. You chant and you follow the capo. There was too many not doing anything and THAT is the major reason why we sucked last night.

When I'm in the terrace, I look at the capo. I follow the capo. I chant with the capo. That's how it's done all over the fucking world and it should be no different here.

End the blame game on here, pull up your socks and get back to contributing on match day. Everyone. Quit the talking back, the in fighting and the blaming.

Next week, we have the best away supporters attending our home. Bring your A game.

Ando is the capo. Next week follow him. Everyone come to this game with an attitude of giving your all.

Move on. Fuck.

• Like 6

aloisi really screwed up the team last night. Don't know why he made so many changes, and i don't understand how Tadic after 6 weeks without playing started... Fred was a positive when he came on, he at least making an effort and running which no one else was. Thompson was really 'leading by example' i guess with his negative play.

TBH i thought meeuwis had a good first half, can't understand why he was brought off at half time.

Specials?

My problem is that you seem to think it’s perfectly fine to have a crack at certain PPL in the Terrace cos of their appearance from the position of being the most uneducated  outsider.

You do realise that many of these “Specials” and those “Top Button Boys” you constantly refer to are the blokes who actually created your Terrace?

Are the blokes who run the day to day duties of your Terrace?

Who spent hours painting your Terraces Tifo displays?

Who spent hours making your Terrace Banners and the majority of its flags?

Who make the Scarves and Stickers for your Terrace?

Who travel around the country as much as any group of supporters for our Terrace?

So when you constantly knock these PPL from afar due to their appearance, how are you working towards the same goal for our Terrace?

And FFS its not hard to find out who Cadete is.

Here's the problem. The bottom left group were not chanting, overhead clapping or following the capo. The loudest noise they made was when they saved someone from ACG. This is the attitude I was referring to that needs to change. But you've now jumped ahead into the clothing issue when that's nowhere remotely what 1) the problem was last night; and 2) my point.

I don't get how I'm the most uneducated outsider. Outside from what? Uneducated how?

I perfectly understand the history of the Terrace and of Yarraside. I take no issue with the huge efforts put in by all in the many facets of the Terrace. In fact, I encourage it and applaude it.

If you want the Terrace to grow, the attitude needs to change. Outside of the suggestion people make their own banners, and contribute chant ideads on here, when else has there been a request for people to help with tifo painting, or matchday set up, or whatever else needs help with?

And finally, how hard is it to come and introduce yourself to people you don't know on either away days or at the Imperial?

also fwiw someone mentioned in another thread that meeuwis clearly did not acclimatise to the heat very well. i can understand him being taken off at HT.

people slamming JA for not playing gerhardt and germano, pull your fucken heads in - you'd probably be the same flogs that criticise him if they'd played and got injured or had to be subbed after 30mins!

i think tadic did all he could and looked alright for a bloke who hasn't played in a month. it was the right decision to start him with eli coming on later.

although i think JA could provide some more leadership and a bit more tactical nous, you don't just 'have' this - you learn it. and at the moment if the players can't do the job, what options is the manager left with?

• Like 2

aloisi really screwed up the team last night. Don't know why he made so many changes, and i don't understand how Tadic after 6 weeks without playing started... Fred was a positive when he came on, he at least making an effort and running which no one else was. Thompson was really 'leading by example' i guess with his negative play.

TBH i thought meeuwis had a good first half, can't understand why he was brought off at half time.

Yeah I think with an almost full squad to choose from, JA has to take responsibility in botching selections. With three attacking players on the bench, I'd say he was expecting Meeuwis to play the full 90 minutes. But it seems he may have had to take him off because he hasn't acclimatised to the contitions yet. We didn't have the structure or players to control the game in the second half. If Gerhardt and Germano aren't injured, then they were pretty strange omissions.

• Like 1

germano has a history of injuries, and paddy's worked his butt off all year.

if it worked, we'd be praising JA as a hero. if it doesn't, everyone wants his head. stop being fickle and realise that's football

edit: that wasn't directed at you jw1739

We cant keep a coach who cant win one game away all season.

Where are those PPL who said the club would be destroyed if we had made Ante Milicic manager now? :hmm:

My take on it is that JA saved these players for fresh legs for the next game in FIVE days time. I can see the logic to this. Is THAT game more important than last night? I don't think so. But perhaps JA looked at the ref allocation and put his chips in.

That's the organisational Virgo trait in me.

JMHO

• Like 1

people slamming JA for not playing gerhardt and germano, pull your fucken heads in - you'd probably be the same flogs that criticise him if they'd played and got injured or had to be subbed after 30mins!

That's not a fair at all.

I believe Paddy G has pretty much been one of the most consistently great players for us this year, in terms of both effort, in looking like he cares and in his actual ability on the field. I get that the heat may have been a factor in not playing him and that he's from Europe, but he's been playing in the heat of summer all year.

The A-League is only 28 rounds, there are no midweek cup ties or doubling up in the weeks either. Paddy has also had a few suspensions throughout the year including one in Feb if i'm not mistaken. When we played our last game more than a week ago. Now i have absolutely no idea wether Paddy has some niggling injuries or anything like that in which case his omission makes sense, but given we needed our strongest squad out and JA told the press that we effectively had a 'full squad' earlier this week, i just don't quite understand the thinking behind leaving him out of the team under the auspices of 'needing a rest' when he is one of our best players ahead of an extremely important game when he has relatively recently had a rest.

I'm happy to support JA and i generally don't have too many complaints with him - he has done well with what he has i reckon. But i think that this was a questionable decision to leave him out of the squad last night. I don't think i would be 'the same flog' who would then criticize him for being played if he got injured - that's  a ridiculous call.

I'm also not suggesting that the whole game was lost because of Paddy's omission - everyone on the pitch was shite really last night and probably his impact outside of a better organized defence and a bit of on field leadership would have made minimal effect on the end result.. But in my opinion we didn't field our strongest squad for what was a really important game, and that's a bit frustrating.

Edited by Che
  • Like 2